Summer Team Camps

MIDTN

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sequatchie did alright, hosting a camp through Tuesday. Beat Walker Valley by 2, lost to Polk County by three while playing 9 or 10 regularly and the usual first sub unavailable today. Going with all starters in the fourth they cut a 15 point end of the third deficit down to 1 late before Polk hit a pair of very late FT. Played 18 girls against Southeast Whitfield GA and won by 15, played 16 against Whitwell and won by 36. Walker Valley beat Polk by 13, SE Whitfield beat Whitwell by 16, Polk beat Whitwell by 42. Some of these teams may have had people missing, been subbing deeper than usual, etc.

Great info, Indian. Thanks for the updates. Millington has played 8 games with most being played with at least 1 or 2 starters from last year's team not there. However, I've seen some girls step up and contribute. Here are the scores of the 8 games we have played this year. We go to Ole Miss on Wednesday.

Millington 62 Ridgeway 44

Millington 55 Whitehaven 35

Millington 34 Lexington 29

Millington 31 Blytheville 16

Millington 42 Bolton 34

Millington 48 Dones, MO 31

Millington 25 Collierville 20

Millington 39 Harding Academy 36

Harding Academy was up 24 to 13 at the half. They made a lot of shots and executed well in the first half. They are a fun team to watch and are well coached. We worked our press to get the lead in the second half and went back and forth changing the lead a few times before we pulled away at the end. We were missing 3 starters in this game from last years starting five. We played against a lot of good competition at the Rhodes college team camp. Lexington played really well. I was really impressed with their post players ability to shoot the midrange jumper. Collierville played well. Bolton played well also. Their starting post player is out with a broken hand for a few weeks. We have a lot to work to do but we are headed in the right direction.

Even though we haven't lost a game, we haven't played defense that well. Hopefully we can fix that problem this week. On offense we have really worked on our execution because we have some young new players.

If you have a list of participants at a particular camp, please post them here. Also, camp locations, dates, and schedules would be great.

Christian Academy of Knoxville is hosting a team camp June 16-20. The following teams are scheduled to attend. It looks like a great turn out.

William Blount

Pigeon Forge

Anderson Co.

Oakdale

Midway

Halls

Seymore

Oliver Springs

Gibbs

Oak Ridge

Catholic

CAK

Stone Memorial

Powell JV

Dobbins Bennate

Rutledge

Greenback

Sunbright

Carter

Central

Jefferson Co.

Elizabethton.

QUOTE(Indian)Does Upperman have transfers or were the new players mentioned just entering ninth graders who live in Baxter or the west side of Putnam County?

Just a bunch of freshman from Cornerstone-Baxter's Middle School No transfers. And possibly one sophomore who was a manager last year and will make little to no impact this year.....I cant tell you how I know this, or I would have to shoot you......

The freshman have some real talent. And they are good kids. This should make for an interesting year.

Just a bunch of freshman from Cornerstone-Baxter's Middle School No transfers. And possibly one sophomore who was a manager last year and will make little to no impact this year.....I cant tell you how I know this, or I would have to shoot you......

The freshman have some real talent. And they are good kids. This should make for an interesting year.

That was a good question and really a truthful and great answer. The way this works is these girls very likely have played AAU for two years and while they are freshman, they play like at least sophmores or more. As far as making little or no impact this year, how can they. Upperman is loaded with players and there is no room and as the folks at riverdale said at the Siegel Team Camp, this team shoots the eyes out of it and misses very little. When this poster read this, this poster said to hmself, "the Indian just got scalped".

Its unusual that no one has aked about the Siegel Team Camp which has been going on this week. This is very likely the largest team camp in Middle Tennessee and has the last two years about 66 teams (Varsity and JV) in it. It is a great piece of organization and has as its sponsers Siegel and Blackman in the Boro. Just looking at the numerous camps in the state this time of the year, its become obvious that schools are finding great value in finding camps clsoe to home and taking advantage of the competition to hone the skills and meet the players they are going to compete with this coming season. It's also a chance for players to size up how their team is doing and the things needed to work on. As large as some pf these camps are, observation of intensity and style shows what can be done and is just like a classroom of knowledge. Great job to the many schools that are taking the time to have these camps and extend the hospitality to make them a success.

Its unusual that no one has aked about the Siegel Team Camp which has been going on this week. This is very likely the largest team camp in Middle Tennessee and has the last two years about 66 teams (Varsity and JV) in it. It is a great piece of organization and has as its sponsers Siegel and Blackman in the Boro. Just looking at the numerous camps in the state this time of the year, its become obvious that schools are finding great value in finding camps clsoe to home and taking advantage of the competition to hone the skills and meet the players they are going to compete with this coming season. It's also a chance for players to size up how their team is doing and the things needed to work on. As large as some pf these camps are, observation of intensity and style shows what can be done and is just like a classroom of knowledge. Great job to the many schools that are taking the time to have these camps and extend the hospitality to make them a success.

By all accounts, Shelbyville has the largest camp, with over 70 teams coming next week AND this being their second camp. I believe they had 50 in their first camp also. This camp has also been going on for about 28 years, now that's some support!