David Jones, SP's RB turning Heads

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was David in Knoxville this weekend on a visit? If so does anyone know how it went?

it went well, Fulmer is saying David can try out for any position he wants... no offer yet but id say its on its way lol Auburn is hot on his trail also.... so is Vandy....I peronally think he will be in Orange...

it went well, Fulmer is saying David can try out for any position he wants... no offer yet but id say its on its way lol Auburn is hot on his trail also.... so is Vandy....I peronally think he will be in Orange...

He looks to be a good prospect I am a big orange fan myself.I hope he gives a verbal I sure enjoyed watching Eddie moore as a vol.I also keep up thru all of the message boards and vol web sites and I have not seen where Fulmer says anything about a possible offer I think thats against the rules until the recruit signs the letter of intent.Where did you get your info from

He looks to be a good prospect I am a big orange fan myself.I hope he gives a verbal I sure enjoyed watching Eddie moore as a vol.I also keep up thru all of the message boards and vol web sites and I have not seen where Fulmer says anything about a possible offer I think thats against the rules until the recruit signs the letter of intent.Where did you get your info from

lets put it this way... David's DNA will match lol

• 2 weeks later...

Yes David was at Tenn.this weekend.No offer but a pretty good workout ! Auburn this week and Bama in July.Tenn. is really taking a good hard look.Still very positive there,coaches and all.Coach Dunn at Auburn is working very hard. Vandy is still in the picture as well.David's springtime goals have been accomplished.Solid major college offers.South Pittsburg is gearing up for 1 fantastic season.Coach David Hale's work has been a god-send.

• 1 month later...

Yes David was at Tenn.this weekend.No offer but a pretty good workout ! Auburn this week and Bama in July.Tenn. is really taking a good hard look.Still very positive there,coaches and all.Coach Dunn at Auburn is working very hard. Vandy is still in the picture as well.David's springtime goals have been accomplished.Solid major college offers.South Pittsburg is gearing up for 1 fantastic season.Coach David Hale's work has been a god-send.

Old Pirate wonders if there is any knew info regarding David?

This David Jones is he the same guy that I met his dad outside of the championship game last year? If so I am so glad for all the praise he is receiving. In meeting you and I believe we chatted once or twice here I think he has a great support group and won't let it go to his head. He is very talented just remember you can listen to what everybody has to say for now although I would love to see him in Orange sometimes there are opportunities that are Gold and Crystal! Good luck and god bless David and all his teammates for no one man is a team.

And Mr. Jones if it is you I have met I am sorry I forgot your screen name I am terrible with names for the most part it's hard enough keeping up with all the kids in baseball and football here.

Commander63, Old Pirate says, David's dad goes by bossbro from what this Old Pirate has figured out. David is a great kid, very humble and has the manners of a polished professional. OP says these traits will work to his advantage in all praises of his life.

This is 1 OP that is as proud as punch for this kid and his family. Auburn orange would work for this OP!

Any color that pays the tab is a good thing!

David seemed to be a very humble and gracious young man as well as a very talented athlete.

His dad also was a class act in talking with him. I hope the best for the both of them and look forward to following David all season and up to his decision.

All though it will be hard late in the season when your a Commander and you see Pirates on the horizon. Just take the sting out of the Yellow jackets first before you board our vessel. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm not saying Jones isn't an SEC player, but Riggs, in high school ran over teams like Riverdale (they won the 5A title his junior year then moved down to 4A). Regardless of how he did in college he was probably the most dominant back ever in Chattanooga. All that post mean was it's a difficult comparison, 1A to 4A/5A. How did Jones do against Tyner, probably the closest to a large school on their schedule in terms of talent, even if it's dropped off in the last couple of years.

Against Tyner he had 109yrds on 8 carries.60 yrd. run that got the Pirates going in the 3rd quarter,where he broke maybe 4 tackles.He also had 21 tackles and a forced fumble that caused the games first score.He actually caused the game saving fumble.Though credit was given to another player.Monster game to answer your question.Thanks for all of the support.David has has worked for all that he is getting.Been blessed in many areas as well.His recruitment is going in many directions.We just want him to make the best choice for himself and be happy.Commander ty for those kind comments.South Pittsburg will be on the map this yr.recruiting wise and for some yrs afterwards.A bunch of players who really care about winning more than who does what.