Lexington Tigers

SallyMae

OK Lexington, what happened? You got on here even before the season started bragging. Then you played a weak schedule but kept on bragging about winning. Maybe next year you'll schedule tougher opponents to better prepare for the post season and keep players & parents who do nothing but brag off Coach T.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't tag all the kids with the bragging part and absolutely none had anything to do with the schedule. I know this senior class very well and they are really great kids. I agree that the schedule wasn't the greatest but maybe that will be something to learn from. But these guys are hurting just like every other team that lost a substate game. No need to kick them when they are down. They lost to a very good David Lipscomb team and I guarantee Lipscomb knows that Lexington was there. Good luck to the senior Tigers and to continuing your baseball careers. And to those not going on you had a great 4 years there. I am sure there aren't many seniors out there that wouldn't have traded spots with you.

Don't tag all the kids with the bragging part and absolutely none had anything to do with the schedule. I know this senior class very well and they are really great kids. I agree that the schedule wasn't the greatest but maybe that will be something to learn from. But these guys are hurting just like every other team that lost a substate game. No need to kick them when they are down. They lost to a very good David Lipscomb team and I guarantee Lipscomb knows that Lexington was there. Good luck to the senior Tigers and to continuing your baseball careers. And to those not going on you had a great 4 years there. I am sure there aren't many seniors out there that wouldn't have traded spots with you.

Couldn't have said it better.

It's been my experience that it's typically not the players that are doing any bragging on coacht. Nevertheless, most baseball folks had Lexington going to state. Just goes to show you that in a one game play in game anything can happen. Lipscomb is a very good team, but I don't think they have enough quality pitching depth to win it all this year.

I hate the one and done sectional format that we use in Tennessee. It gives the one phenom pitcher's team a shot at state. That's it. All a team has to do is get through their district tournament and then the stud can win the first game of regions and the sectional game and they're in state. It's stupid.

The best TEAMS are decided ideally by pool play, but at least by a double elimination tournament.

It's been my experience that it's typically not the players that are doing any bragging on coacht. Nevertheless, most baseball folks had Lexington going to state. Just goes to show you that in a one game play in game anything can happen. Lipscomb is a very good team, but I don't think they have enough quality pitching depth to win it all this year.

I hate the one and done sectional format that we use in Tennessee. It gives the one phenom pitcher's team a shot at state. That's it. All a team has to do is get through their district tournament and then the stud can win the first game of regions and the sectional game and they're in state. It's stupid.

The best TEAMS are decided ideally by pool play, but at least by a double elimination tournament.

Wasn't it Oakland last year that pretty much the exact same thing happened to?

I agree with you, the regional/sectional format is ridiculous.

All that has to be done is take the exact same 4 region teams that we presently have and let them play a double elimination tournament. The winner of the loser's bracket and the winner's bracket finalist move on to sectionals. There they'll play another double elimination tournament, loser's bracket winner and winner's bracket finalist move on to state.

16 districts, 32 teams move on to region.

8 regions, 16 teams move on to sectionals.

4 sectionals, 8 teams move on to state.

Winner's bracket finalist plays loser's bracket winner from opposing district/region.

You can do a tournament a week.

District tournament starts on April 30th.

Region tournament starts on May 7th.

Sectional tournament starts on May 14th.

State tournament starts on May 21st.

All that has to be done is take the exact same 4 region teams that we presently have and let them play a double elimination tournament. The winner of the loser's bracket and the winner's bracket finalist move on to sectionals. There they'll play another double elimination tournament, loser's bracket winner and winner's bracket finalist move on to state.

Winner's bracket finalist plays loser's bracket winner from opposing district/region.

Considering this plan would probably shorten the regular season (and probably reduce the # of games) and mean more money to the TSSAA (which is their main function) I would think its a no-brainer (win-win) for the TSSAA to go that way. Im amazed they havent thought of it themselves, but they will probably lose some revenue this year on the parking ($5 per car to park in a lot paid for by taxpayers) considering more people will carpool to the Fling due to gas prices, so they will be looking for ways to "grow revenue".

That's almost too much.

Honestly, I'd like to see them do away with the Sectional game and play a 4-6 team regional tournament where the winner goes to state.

That or axe the district tournament and the top 4 from each district have a 8 teams double elimination tournament.

Pretty much, just get rid of the sectional game.