Thomas Greer

yankees8589

IF Greer had a TEAM around him he'd be Ole Miss dangerous. If you could see him play with the Mid-State Ballerz then you'd understand were I'm coming from. He had a TEAM around him and he dominated in the games I saw him play with Mid-State. You may see him playing for West Carroll when it's 1 on 5 and he may not do much but AAU will get him to where he goes.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't put alot of stock in Greers highschool performances..so far anyway. Although he did average well ove 20 last season as a sophmore. I saw Greer play in a AAU tournement and I have NO DOUBT whatsoever he will play D1. Greer more more than held his own. I beleive he led his team is scoring (I could be wrong on that but I think he did) I also talked to a guy that runs one of the recruiting services and he had REALLY GOOD THINGS to say about Greer.OVC at worst and quite possibly high mid-major ot low high-major. Wait and see. This kid still has two years of highschool left......remember that. Two more years to grow and get better. Wait and See!!!!! He is 6'4 now and I see him adding two or three inches and more weight. His speed and quickness is also under-rated.

I don't put alot of stock in Greers highschool performances..so far anyway. Although he did average well ove 20 last season as a sophmore. I saw Greer play in a AAU tournement and I have NO DOUBT whatsoever he will play D1. Greer more more than held his own. I beleive he led his team is scoring (I could be wrong on that but I think he did) I also talked to a guy that runs one of the recruiting services and he had REALLY GOOD THINGS to say about Greer.OVC at worst and quite possibly high mid-major ot low high-major. Wait and see. This kid still has two years of highschool left......remember that. Two more years to grow and get better. Wait and See!!!!! He is 6'4 now and I see him adding two or three inches and more weight. His speed and quickness is also under-rated.

Plus his dad is in the coaches circle and thats a major plus....

He's a good player but way off from being SEC material. West Carrol is in one of the weakest districts in tennesse he should dominate. Let's see what he does against the Unoin City's, Lake County, Humboldt.

I agree with you,Warm Machine and Baller status..Maybe OVC..but who knows...Hopefully Lake Co and West Carrol will play in the Hall of Fame game again and I'll see his improvement and get a gauge of him and Russel Avery on the same floor together..

Russell is just as good as Channen if not better. Russell is tall, can shoot, can jump, and doesn't seem to get in the foul trouble Channen did this past year. The people that are saying Greer isn't doing much at West Carroll is due to the fact it's 1 on 5. Remember that. I've seen him play with West Carroll as well as Mid-State and he doesn't look like the same player while with Mid-State. He's got better players around him in AAU which he will also have better players around him in college so be ready for this kid to do big things over the next 2 years. I think if Russell keeps improving he could end up at a UTM or something of that sort. He's got the heigth and shooting ability.

I have nothing against Avery but Greer is much much more of a big time prospect than Avery. Lake County will beat West Carroll everytime but there is no comparing the two players.

I totall disagree with you..I saw tehm both on the same floor last year and Russel Avery had his way..And yes..Avery did have more talent around him and with Channin being gone..I look for him to do a lot more..Avery had his way with Humboldt and against U.C. and Humboldt controlled the inside with his defense although both teams had a little more fire power...And Avery can go outside and hit the jumper..

Russell is just as good as Channen if not better. Russell is tall, can shoot, can jump, and doesn't seem to get in the foul trouble Channen did this past year. The people that are saying Greer isn't doing much at West Carroll is due to the fact it's 1 on 5. Remember that. I've seen him play with West Carroll as well as Mid-State and he doesn't look like the same player while with Mid-State. He's got better players around him in AAU which he will also have better players around him in college so be ready for this kid to do big things over the next 2 years. I think if Russell keeps improving he could end up at a UTM or something of that sort. He's got the heigth and shooting ability.

I agree with you about Avery..May be better than Channin..On defense..not many players in this area are going to take the ball inside on him..Saw him block Epperson about 4 or 5 times in the game the pat year..He's hurt by not choosing to play AAU ball..I noticed in a poll last year that Charles Taylor,from Humboldt was ranked pretty high in player rankings and Avery was about 25 spots lower..But Avery had about 34 points against Taylor and Humboldt and pretty well had his way..Rick Bolus said he had moved Avery up ahead 15 spots the last time I spoke with him ..He's going mostly on word of mouth and from other coaches and said that him not playing AAU ball hurts him somewhat as far as being more known..With Channin being gone now..look for Avery to really take over this coming year

AAU is the way to go for exposure and experience when your on a team like West Carroll. AAU will be the way Greer makes it.

Your right!!!!!! And playing with the MidState Ballerz is really the way to go. The midstate ballerz have a national presence. I beleive the ballerz field three 17u teams...look for Greer to play on the top team the Ballerz field next year. I think he will more than hold his own and do very well just as he has been doing so far during the AAU circuit. Like terop said a few weeks ago....he could lead the state in scoring...I really beleive that, although I think it is more likely to happen his senior year. I think people are forgetting he still has two more years of high school.