Goodpasture vs. Marion County

Bill#49

well if that is their ace then i am wondering how they got this far. he wasn't very impressive. he fooled goodasture the first time through because of his lack of speed then the second time through they adjusted well.

That's true. He had pretty good control. I have never seen so many dropped fly balls in one game, they just fell apart. There were 3 or 4 in one inning.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true. He had pretty good control. I have never seen so many dropped fly balls in one game, they just fell apart. There were 3 or 4 in one inning.

GREAT JOB TODAY!!

DO IT AGAIN THURSDAY!!

I believe Goodpasture is the best team in the tournament but don't count out the Warriors in the rematch on Thursday.

Different day = different results!!

Good Luck to the Warriors!!

The kid Goodpasture saw the first time was not Marion's ace. It was their #3. I think this was a great move by Roberts. What are the odds that you are going to beat Adkins anyway. Why not start your #3 and if you score some runs early, you can bring in a better pitcher. If they would've mathed up #1s and lost (which they would have against Adkins), then they would be at the house right now. From what I've seen, I agree that Goodpasture is the better team, but this time of year it's about who plays the best. And, on any given day, you can catch lightning in a bottle. Marion's strength all year has been their pitching depth. We will see if that holds true today against a very talented Goodpasture team.

The kid Goodpasture saw the first time was not Marion's ace. It was their #3. I think this was a great move by Roberts. What are the odds that you are going to beat Adkins anyway. Why not start your #3 and if you score some runs early, you can bring in a better pitcher. If they would've mathed up #1s and lost (which they would have against Adkins), then they would be at the house right now. From what I've seen, I agree that Goodpasture is the better team, but this time of year it's about who plays the best. And, on any given day, you can catch lightning in a bottle. Marion's strength all year has been their pitching depth. We will see if that holds true today against a very talented Goodpasture team.

It wasn't any planning by coach Roberts. Marion's number 1 pitched saturday and wasn't going to throw until wednesday anyway, reguardless of their opponent. The number 1 pitched against gibbs with their number 2 going against USJ. I am looking forward to a matchup against goodpasture's number 3 and Marions 4, or will marion try to come back with number one or two?

Goodpasture will roll in the first game. They look like a team on a mission.

Marion did not lose this game! This game was taken away by three guys that apparently had no reason to be umping a game at this level. Let me give you the situation. Goodpasture had a man on, and the batter had one ball and two strikes on him. He took the next pitch which the umpire called strike three and gave the out signal and both teams leave the field. Let me tell you also that the score is 3-2 Goodpasture at this time in the 5th. Both teams leave the field and as the coach is walking across he asked if it was just strike two. So the umpire behind the plate goes out to confir with the two base umps. They decided that the count was just two and two and ask for both teams to come back onto the field. The problem is that none of the umps including the home plate ump were using indicators and were just using their memory. If they would have just went to the official score keeper they would have indeed found the correct count and it would have been the third out right there. They went on to score 4 runs after that. Marion did rally and put three on the board which should have been enough to win the game. Goodpasture is a good team but the better team did not win this game. When they met in game one they were the better team but not tonight. Sam, Zeke, Justin, Hershel, Blake all deserve to go out better than this. This was really ashame. The game should not have been decided by the three guys calling the game. Unfortunately it was. And by the way, this was reported to the T$$AA officials and they said they were aware of the situation and that they had no avenue in which this could be resolved. That they did not have any way to correct what had happened. Also I think it is worth mentioning that when all this was going on that the T$$AA official got in his vehicle and left so that he could not be confronted with this. Good luck to Goodpasture and I hope the lefty isnt hurt to bad from his fall. Also, Joe Muir pitched on heck of a game. Sam Griswald had four hits.