JCM

big D

They have made an offer to a coach, but they want him to teach at NorthSide because they don't have a teaching spot for him. He has told them he would not coach under those conditions and gave them until the end of June to get him teaching position at JCM. While the former head coach is still teaching at JCM and not coaching. It makes a lot of sense to me. I can see why so many kids are flocking to the private schools in Jackson.

Guess it would make too much darned sense to move the former coach to teaching position at North Side and open up a teaching position and fill the coaching position at JCM. Poster is correct, "pretty much sums up Jackson school system." Thanks for making that tuition check I had to write last night a little easier to swallow this morning.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have made an offer to a coach, but they want him to teach at NorthSide because they don't have a teaching spot for him. He has told them he would not coach under those conditions and gave them until the end of June to get him teaching position at JCM. While the former head coach is still teaching at JCM and not coaching. It makes a lot of sense to me. I can see why so many kids are flocking to the private schools in Jackson.

Having someone be the head coach at JCM while teaching at Northside will NEVER work. What are they thinking? That idea is absolutely insane. They first offered the job to an assistant from a school in Shelby County. That individual did not even have a teaching certificate, and had failed in attempts to get one. Normally, I would say that at this time the school system superintendent should step in and assist with the situation. Unfortunately, if Zambito tried to remedy the situation, she would only make it worse. Heck, the coach at JCM and teach at NS deal sounds like something Zambito would come up with.

With people like Principal Crump and Superintendent Zambito running the show, it's now wonder that the private schools grow stronger in Jackson with each passing year.

What do the JCM fans on this board think? They are awfully quiet right now. What say you VG and Yanker?

That is pretty sad and pathetic.

Even worse, it pretty much sums up Jackson/Madison Co. schools incompotence in a nutshell.

Inner city schools in larger cities in Tennessee are all pathetic.. a very degrading situation that has become worse every year. not much to be said for "not a child left behind" ..their parents are to blame,but when school board and principal are incompontant theirselves what can we expect. nuff said!!

I agree whole-heartedly COFO... JCM's history should not be destroyed by a couple of women--CRUMP and ZAMBITO.. trying to run a school that needs male leadership. I'm sure this will offend some people but it is truth.

Maybe the (school Board) which needs male influence itself... could get Dexter Williams, Tommy Russell or Dan Bland ---real men not the yes men that we have to many of----to come to JCM as AD and give them the unbridled power and salary to effect change where change needs to happen. Get out of the way Crump.....

Things will get even worse for JCM if the privates schools in Jackson go to D2.

What about Tim Thompson? He's someone that could definetley bring some pride back into the school.

Along with crime, corruption, etc. Let's see if he avoids indictment for his latest scam at FW!

What scam did he have at FW? I only knew about the firing from Ridgeway.

The man obviously has some serious issues. But, it sure seems like he brings a lot of positives for the kids in the form of study halls, team-atmosphere, having someone show interest in them, learning how to work hard, helping them get recruited. etc., etc. I know a few of his ex-players pretty well, and they all have had good things to say about Thompson.

It's not like JCM has a lot to lose.

word that is out there is that he kept $8,000 worth of checks the booster club wrote to his volunteer assistants, they never got the money & the checks were cashed, the TBI was investigating. This was mentioned in one of the Commercial Appeal articles about his release from Ridgeway. He was also set unknown to him, to have his wages garnished in a court settlement with a memphis sporting goods store over several thousand dollars worth of equipment ordered by him at FW saying bill it to the booster club, without the clubs approval. I was told that directly from the owner of the store! He said that the same thing had happened when he was at Melrose with less money. but that the school spent so much money with them that it was overlooked. This is not to mention the profanity laced tirade in the huddle during the timeout of locally televised game, they week a major article came out about the way they were doing things right at Melrose in a national Fellowship of Christian Athletes magazine. If these are the kind of people you want in Jackson, USJ JCS & Trinity will be the 3 biggest schools in Jackson in no time.

It's sad that a once proud program like JCM is being torn down by one principal. Coaches like Tom Fann, Richard Ross & Tury Oman deserve better than this for their beloved school.

The school that was beloved by Tury Oman was NOT Jackson Central-Merry. His beloved schol was JACKSON HIGH SCHOOL. You will find very few, if any graduates of Jackson High who will claim, or have anything to do with JCM. Jackson High people were not happy when their school was taken away from them.

The school that was beloved by Tury Oman was NOT Jackson Central-Merry. His beloved schol was JACKSON HIGH SCHOOL. You will find very few, if any graduates of Jackson High who will claim, or have anything to do with JCM. Jackson High people were not happy when their school was taken away from them.

North Side grads were not happy in 1992 when their school was taken away from them also.