JCM

big D

Having JUST read this whole thread the only thing I can say it is SOOOO similar to the Clarksville NE thread it is scary!

BOTH involve female Principals who have NO idea what they are doing when it comes to athletics. NE also has the misfortune of having to play in one of the toughest Regions in 5A also and has a female AD as well who is OVER her head.

Will include BOTH schools in my prayers tonight as they are gonna need all the help they can get this season.

JCM also lost their athletic director for the past year. So that may have had some impact into the lateness. sounds like they have a good coach and that is the important issue for the team. ELA used to argue with me on the public/private board about whether it was good athletes or good coaching that was most important. The last coach at JCM proved my point. Unless you have a good coach it really doesn`t matter what kind of talent you have. I would have loved if they could have hired a new coach back last spring, but the important thing was to hire a good coach.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been reported by one of the local media outlets that a second candidate to fill the position of football coach at JCM has turned down the job.

If this is true then this is at least three different people who have been offered the position but either were not qualified for the position or have turned it down once offered.

JCM also lost their athletic director for the past year. So that may have had some impact into the lateness. sounds like they have a good coach and that is the important issue for the team. ELA used to argue with me on the public/private board about whether it was good athletes or good coaching that was most important. The last coach at JCM proved my point. Unless you have a good coach it really doesn`t matter what kind of talent you have. I would have loved if they could have hired a new coach back last spring, but the important thing was to hire a good coach.

VG my friend! How is life treating you?!?!? Hope all is well in your household. Life is good up here in Big RED Nation. So tell me, after reading Reitz post it sounds like the coach may have backed out. Do they or don't they have a coach hired? This is getting ridiculous! JCM and DC are Henry County's arch enemies and biggest rivals, but you never, ever like to hear of this kind of fiasco going on. The kids will be the ultimate ones to suffer. If there have been no organized workouts going on, then every game that JCM plays this year will be a carbon copy of last years HC game at the Rock.

It has been reported by one of the local media outlets that a second candidate to fill the position of football coach at JCM has turned down the job.

If this is true then this is at least three different people who have been offered the position but either were not qualified for the position or have turned it down once offered.

That's because VSC cannot find her the right "puppet" to take the job. Former JCM coach Cedric Hampton will coach at Northeast Middle in Jackson. He'll take a pay hit, but he'll be coaching his son and will not have to deal with VSC. Best of luck Coach Hampton.

VG my friend! How is life treating you?!?!? Hope all is well in your household. Life is good up here in Big RED Nation. So tell me, after reading Reitz post it sounds like the coach may have backed out. Do they or don't they have a coach hired? This is getting ridiculous! JCM and DC are Henry County's arch enemies and biggest rivals, but you never, ever like to hear of this kind of fiasco going on. The kids will be the ultimate ones to suffer. If there have been no organized workouts going on, then every game that JCM plays this year will be a carbon copy of last years HC game at the Rock.

What`s up my good friend `cephus? All is well here. I got my info from a good source, but the fact that I have not seen it announced in public yet worries me. ReitzFan may be right. I just can`t say for sure. I just post what I hear when I feel it comes from credible sources. It could be my source heard the job was going to be offered to Glover and assumed he would take if he had interviewed for it.

That's because VSC cannot find her the right "puppet" to take the job. Former JCM coach Cedric Hampton will coach at Northeast Middle in Jackson. He'll take a pay hit, but he'll be coaching his son and will not have to deal with VSC. Best of luck Coach Hampton.

I hope Hampton has better luck trying to coach middle school kids than he did with high school kids.

I guess it depends on what kind of puppet the coach wants to be. One with strings over his head and somebody pulling them or the kind that has a hand shoved...............ugh Nevermind! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Anyway, to the PLAYERS, keep your heads high as there are folks who are going to support YOU!