JCM

big D

It was announced in this mornings Jackson Sun that Liberty High School hired a new baseball coach less than two months after the previous coach resigned his position. JCM has been without a football coach since the end of last seaoson. Lexington was able to make a good hire of a new football coach in a short amount of time. What are these two schools doing right that JCM is doing wrong? Why is it that Principal Crump can't seem to get anyone hired? Is it becuase nobody wants to work there or because the administration at that school is inferior at best? My guess is that it is both. Crump has basically killed what used to be a strong program. Heck, it still produced a D1 recruit this past season with all of the problems they had.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your guess that is was both is head on. Who wants to work with a Principal that is obiviously "over her head" with the job (elementary principal to a tough high school is a jump). With no true home stadium, limited practice facilities, very limited weight room, almost zero booster club support, is it a wonder that their is not alot of intrest in the job? I think not.

There is less than a month before high school football practice starts and there is STILL no head football coach at Jackson Central-Merry. It is a sad and pathetic situation. The blame lies completely at the feet of Principal Virginia Stakens-Crump. Fans of JCM should be outraged. What say you JCM fans? What are your thoughts on what is going on right now? Why are you so quiet?

the job was offered to a coach last week, not only was it going to be a teaching job at another school, it was an interim teaching position filling in for a teacher who is in Iraq with the national guard. he would lose his teaching position when that teacher returns from Iraq, what a shame for such a storied program.

the job was offered to a coach last week, not only was it going to be a teaching job at another school, it was an interim teaching position filling in for a teacher who is in Iraq with the national guard. he would lose his teaching position when that teacher returns from Iraq, what a shame for such a storied program.

Amen to that...as I said earlier..sad for the storied memories that coaches Ross..Fann...Oman (I know he wasn't true JC-M, but it is the same school now}, Hardagree, Long and others tradition they built is being destroyed by one woman.

The job was offered to a former assistant coach at JCM who has been teaching and coaching at North Side the last few years as an assistant football coach. This coach was told he would have to coach JCM and teach at North Side. He turned down the job.

Crump is just another want to get into politics through education system. She is a power hungry person and is only looking at the money and her position. She knows nothing of sports are seems to care. She is very caught up with the stinking NAACP and the Federal mandate on the school systems here in Jackson. The NAACP or Crump do not want to resolve the issue because they may be put out of any potential position in the political system on the local level. Its just a sorry system we have here and no one is big enough or powerful enough to stop it. My kids are fortunate enough to be able to go to one of the Private Schools. JCM is just good breeding ground to get otherwise good kids into trouble. If you really want to get a touch of what Jackson Public HS are like attend the Jamboree in August. But you might want to take a gun or two. Even the police have told me that no one on the force wants to work the Jamboree because they know that at anytime something bad may happen like a couple of years ago at I think Northside summer Jamboree.

Any new word?

Yes, there is a new word in this situation. 14 days from training camp, 28 days from the jamboree, 35 days from week 0, and 42 days from a week one opening night kickoff and there is STILL no head football coach at JCM. JCM fans need to light up the phones to the principals office at JCM and demand that Principal Crump get off her backside and do something. JCM fans should also flood the phones of their school board members and get them to do something as well. Also, flood the Superintendent Zambito's office as well.

Principal Crump's complete lack of action is disgraceful. It's no wonder more and more children are turning to the growing list of private schools in Jackson. Crump should resign NOW.