Jacskon Christian---State Champions

supersteve17

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats JCS! I singled out you and FCS as the two single A teams that played schedules hard enough to prepare you to win it all. You have a class program that steps up and plays the big boys during the season to get ready for this type of action. Congrats!

First off hats off to an excellant Musting Squad...secondly hats off to the other 3 teams in our pool...Rockwood, Summertown and Frndship were all so strong and scary to face...next way to go Eagles...you had a great run...love you seniors...

Finally to the two posters who are talking public vs private...just remember, we played were we were placed...not our choice...you have every right to voice your opinion...but doing it here is very immature...a group of young men worked hard and accomplished their goals...be big enough to say congrats and them start a tread to voice your opinion elsewhere...high jacking this thread only takes away from a great teams accomplishments...and to Rivercity Rage...if you feel we have the best team money can buy show me one player who isn't paying his way cause I am certain you wouldn't make such a claim with no proof......or else be big enough to admit you can't and are just mad about something neither of us can control...

Waaaaaaay to go EAGLES!!!!!! Congrats to the team and coaching staff on a fine season, playoffs, and championship game.

Way to go Coach Cooper......."Coach Of The Year." /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Way to go JCS seniors!!!!!! We will miss you and your crazy parents. LOL!!!!

JCS got the opportunity to play four great teams....teams that were loaded with talent.

As for the Mustangs of Huntingdon Tennessee.......I've had the opportunity over the years to watch most of these kids play. I've gotten to know their parents and it was fitting that the two schools should dance in the big one. I am very proud that you guys made it and am very proud to hear your names called in the lineup and see you on the playing field. I will be looking for you in the future. It was an honor. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Way to go, EAGLES! Congrats to Coaches Cooper, Carson, and Smith.

Another big Hats Off to Mr. Limbaugh and the good folks at Riverdale. You were exceptional hosts for the first three days of the tournament, and I appreciate the sausage biscuit Friday morning! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I also want to thank the folks at Riverdale and for doing a great job hosting this tournament.....the concession stand was awesome and cheap. Chocolate icecream brownie for two dollars? Are you kiddin' me?!!!!!!!! Where else can you get a deal like that?

note to self increase price of choaclate brownie LOL (it was actually already discussed to raise it to 2.50)...but thank you on the compliments we had a lot of parents take time off of work and help out

congrats on winning state we are happy someone from our side won state

Congratulations to Jackson Christian for winning the 2008 A state championship. This means for the second year in a row that a private school will win both the A and AA state championships!!!! When will the TSSAA figure out if you pay to go to school, you need to play the other schools that pay not the public schools. Come on Ronnie Carter---Fix the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait! Just two years ago the finals were:

A: McKenzie over Forrest

AA: Covington over USJ

AAA: Farragut over Bartlett

What was 'broke' that year?

We moved to Tennessee two years ago today. My son Isaac was going to run away and go back to Florida. He wouldn't leave his room. I made him play summer ball with the baseball team---his attitude got a little better---then I made him play football... He played on a State Championship football team his first year in football. He got to the State Championship in baseball. His first year here he played in two state championships. That doesn't happen very often. By the end of the year his best friends were the boys in the class of 2008. He was accepted like he had gone to JCS forever.

Then this year he had the opportunity to thrive on the football field and he chose to go to Lambuth over Harding because he doesn't want to leave home... Get that... In two short years Jackson has become home. It is because of the friends he has made from the class of 2008. When he broke his ankle, it broke his heart and his Dad's as I know all of you are tired of hearing... While he didn't get to play this year the sport he has always loved the most he was still there to experience it with his teammates as they won a State Championship yesterday. So as a father I want to say "thank you" to a fine group of young men: Patrick, Tanner, Blake, Chase, Ryan, Luke, Philip, Chase, Ben, Ed, Josh, Matt, David... got to go back and pull some of last year's fellas---Clay, Greg, Michael... All of you have been in our home---it has been an interstate for two years and I hope it stays the same... It's always a mystery who and how many are going to be at the house each day... I think you guys are unique and have built a bond that will never be broken. I expect you to be friends through life.

I also want to thank the parents of these fine young men for your friendship and your influence on my son. Finally, I want to say thanks to the men who have helped show him what true manhood is... It starts at the top... Scott Gatlin, Coach Stewart, Coach Cooper, Coach P, Coach Hudson, Coach Warren, Coach Carson, Coach Morris...

What a Ride! Isaac has moved a lot. He was born in California---moved to Georgia---then Florida--- but this is home! Thanks to all of you!!!