District 6 - 2 New Girls Soccer Teams

kickit

I understand that District 6, (which consist of CCS, East Ridge, Hixson and Notre Dame) is adding 2 new girls soccer teams. The new Signal Mtn. High School will start a team this season will be young since the high school this year won't be having a senior class. Also, Sequatchie Co. will field a girls soccer team. I see that Hixson High has already scheduled a game with Sequatchie Co. and Signal Mtn. Notre Dame has scheduled Signal Mtn. but I don't see anything schedule with Sequatchie Co. The other schools in the district haven't released their schedules yet. Does anyone else know about this change? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

If we have a schedule out then I haven't seen it yet. I would guess that there might be JV programs started for the schools. However I could be very, very wrong. I'll look and see if I can spot one on a bulletin board in the near future.

Signal Mountain, as far as I can tell, is going with a Varsity program this fall. I have no idea about Sequatchie County (that's why I speculated about them perhaps just having a JV program this fall). You can google SM, and see their schedule:

8/28 vs. CCS

9/2 vs. Grace

9/4 vs. Sweetwater

9/5-9/6 CCS Tournament

9/9 at Notre Dame

9/11 at GPS

9/18 at East Ridge

9/25 vs. McMinn Central

9/27 McMinn Tournament

10/2 at Hixson

Their website only shows the soccer coaches for middle school. Lists all other coaches so maybe they don't have one yet? Would think they would have the girl's coach...but it is not listed. With all that Signal Mountain offers and with parental involvement, the facilities and so many of the Signal Mountain kids are in select....this program will be a good one. I know alot of the kids go to Baylor, GPS, but it will be a great program for sure.

who's coaching at Signal Mountain?

Signal Mountain Coaching Staff Taking Shape

posted April 20, 2008

Principal Eddie Gravitte said the coaching staff at the new Signal Mountain Middle/High School is taking place.

He said he has a recommendation for the boys basketball coach, but has not yet received approval due to a hiring freeze.

Jason Hill, who formerly was a teacher at St. Jude, will be the girls basketball coach.

Bill Price is heading up the football program.

Casey Thompson, who is now at Dalton Middle School, will coach wrestling. David Poss will coach middle school wrestling.

Susannah Cook is over tennis and track, and Laura Willingham is in charge of cheerleading.

Les Hegwood will coach baseball and cross country.

Jennifer Redman, who formerly was at CCS, Harpeth Hall and Notre Dame, will be the softball coach.

Teresa Knox had been set to coach soccer, but she recently left the county schools.

I remember reading the above on Chattanoogan.com, also there was a previous article (April 1, 2008) that said she was leaving coaching and leaving teaching at Red Bank High School, and the article went on to name the interim coach for the Boys Soccer Team. So maybe they had to restart the search, and I guess also decide about a permanent Red Bank HS coach. I think she had coached the Girls Soccer team also

Signal Mountain Coaching Staff Taking Shape

posted April 20, 2008

Principal Eddie Gravitte said the coaching staff at the new Signal Mountain Middle/High School is taking place.

He said he has a recommendation for the boys basketball coach, but has not yet received approval due to a hiring freeze.

Jason Hill, who formerly was a teacher at St. Jude, will be the girls basketball coach.

Bill Price is heading up the football program.

Casey Thompson, who is now at Dalton Middle School, will coach wrestling. David Poss will coach middle school wrestling.

Susannah Cook is over tennis and track, and Laura Willingham is in charge of cheerleading.

Les Hegwood will coach baseball and cross country.

Jennifer Redman, who formerly was at CCS, Harpeth Hall and Notre Dame, will be the softball coach.

Teresa Knox had been set to coach soccer, but she recently left the county schools.

I remember reading the above on Chattanoogan.com, also there was a previous article (April 1, 2008) that said she was leaving coaching and leaving teaching at Red Bank High School, and the article went on to name the interim coach for the Boys Soccer Team. So maybe they had to restart the search, and I guess also decide about a permanent Red Bank HS coach. I think she had coached the Girls Soccer team also

I spoke with Andy Sargent and he will be taking Tersea's place. Andy is a club coach at Middle Valley. A good mate.