Most Memorable Game or Play

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The three that comes to mind for me is Westmoreland vs Sweetwater in 93 the second round of the playoffs. Sweetwater won the game 21-14 in ot and went on to win the state championship but it was a hard fought freezing cold and rainy game. Another was Westmoreland vs Allen County KY in 94. Westmoreland was getting beat 18-6 with 2 minutes and thirty seconds left in the game when Clint Brown took a reverse about 80 yards to the house. We kick an onside kick and got it back. Westmoreland had the ball with about 3rd down and 12 to go when we ran a hook and ladder and brian gregory tipped the ball like a volleyball to clint brown who took it the rest of the way on an amazing play. Allen got the ball back and missed a field goal at the end of the game the final was 20-18. The other game was in 06 second round of the playoffs. Westmoreland vs York Inst. Westmoreland won in double overtime on a field goal.

HARPER TO BARNES, 2007, @ MILAN 3rd round........and grown dogs cry!

Johnson's INT return for 6, 2007, @ Milan (same game)

Harpers kick off return, 2007, @ Martin 1st round. Why did they kick it to him? (THE BEST H.S. GAME I HAVE EVER SEEN)

Harper dive with seconds to go, 2007, vs. Gibson County (awesome game thanks GC)

Every carrie Johnson had vs. Milan, everytime he played against them.

Every play Peabodys defense didn't make vs. Franklin Road in the State championship game back in the 90's. Let's install a new D before the big game........(thanks Coach S)........ Cost us a ring. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

This past years game between GC and Peabody was a classic as well as you stated... Kendall scored a TD with like 26 seconds left in the game to get them the win.

Another play I remember from Kendal was when he ran all the way across the field in that same game and tackled Antoine. Antoine was on his way to the end zone for a TD but we came away with no points.

Guest nwtnsports

Memorable plays:

Nov. 2000, Jackson South Side at Milan - Milan leads 22-21 with less than a minute to go. South Side has the ball about their own 40 yard line, and the quarterback throws a screen pass to his left. The receiver spins out of a tackle at midfield and runs down the Milan sideline to score the winning touchdown.

Nov. 2004, Huntingdon at Milan - Milan leads 7-6 with 8:20 to go, and they punt on 4th and 1. Huntingdon gets the ball at their own 25. The Mustangs take just over 7 minutes to go 75 yards on 14 plays, mostly with the running of Boo Weathers and Chris Donald. The latter scores the winning touchdown on a 10-yard run with 1:13 to go.

Nov. 2007, Peabody at Milan - freeacen mentioned this one. Milan leads 35-34 with about a minute to go. Kendal Harper scrambles on 4th down, throws across the field to wide-open Micajah Barnes to score the winning touchdown.

Memorable games:

Dec. 1998, Milan vs. Lipscomb - Milan knocks off favorite Lipscomb 16-6 to win the school's third state title.

Oct. 2000, Milan at Crockett Co. - Undefeated, top ranked Crockett Co. leads defending state champs Milan 21-7 at halftime. The Bulldogs put together a comeback, trailing 28-21 late in the game. Milan drives down the field and scores with less than a minute to go. Now down by just a point, Claude Walker takes the handoff on an end-around and gets in for the two-point conversion. Milan wins 29-28, gets a share of the region championship and home-field advantage for the playoffs.

Nov. 2003, Milan at Huntingdon - The rivalry continues in the state semifinals, and undefeated Milan beat Huntingdon 24-6 just six weeks before. Milan's Daylan Walker returns the opening kickoff for a touchdown. Then the teams settle in for a battle. It goes back and forth, until Huntingdon scores the winning touchdown late in the 3rd quarter. The Mustangs go on to win the AA state championship.

Memorable plays:

Nov. 2000, Jackson South Side at Milan - Milan leads 22-21 with less than a minute to go. South Side has the ball about their own 40 yard line, and the quarterback throws a screen pass to his left. The receiver spins out of a tackle at midfield and runs down the Milan sideline to score the winning touchdown.

Nov. 2004, Huntingdon at Milan - Milan leads 7-6 with 8:20 to go, and they punt on 4th and 1. Huntingdon gets the ball at their own 25. The Mustangs take just over 7 minutes to go 75 yards on 14 plays, mostly with the running of Boo Weathers and Chris Donald. The latter scores the winning touchdown on a 10-yard run with 1:13 to go.

Nov. 2007, Peabody at Milan - freeacen mentioned this one. Milan leads 35-34 with about a minute to go. Kendal Harper scrambles on 4th down, throws across the field to wide-open Micajah Barnes to score the winning touchdown.

Memorable games:

Dec. 1998, Milan vs. Lipscomb - Milan knocks off favorite Lipscomb 16-6 to win the school's third state title.

Oct. 2000, Milan at Crockett Co. - Undefeated, top ranked Crockett Co. leads defending state champs Milan 21-7 at halftime. The Bulldogs put together a comeback, trailing 28-21 late in the game. Milan drives down the field and scores with less than a minute to go. Now down by just a point, Claude Walker takes the handoff on an end-around and gets in for the two-point conversion. Milan wins 29-28, gets a share of the region championship and home-field advantage for the playoffs.

Nov. 2003, Milan at Huntingdon - The rivalry continues in the state semifinals, and undefeated Milan beat Huntingdon 24-6 just six weeks before. Milan's Daylan Walker returns the opening kickoff for a touchdown. Then the teams settle in for a battle. It goes back and forth, until Huntingdon scores the winning touchdown late in the 3rd quarter. The Mustangs go on to win the AA state championship.

ahhh yes, huntingdon vs milan in both 03 and 04. The two best high school football games i've ever seen. Why on god's green earth did milan punt on fourth and one i will never know, but the insuing drive was a thing little boys dreams are made of. The entire 75 yds on the ground if memory serves me correctly. Vintage mustang football. Then in 03, an utterly unstoppable milan team, the best i've seen, falls victim to a huntingdon team that was hot at the right time. The state championship was played that night. I remember we surprised milan with a freshman rb named chris donald and shocked them with a few well timed passes that sent them realing. What a game.

Im not sure of the Team we played.. (bad memory) it was in the early 90's @ south pitt this Team had us down 35 -0 at the half.. They had a blue chip qb that was throwing all over us and could throw 70 yards... we broke his arm the last play of the half i believe and spitt came back and won that game 36-35 wow what a game!

It was 1989 in the first round of the playoffs against Midway. Lance Wheaton was their quarterback and yes he was embarrassing us. They were leading 20-0 late in the 2nd quarter. SP scored and got a 2 point conversion to make it 20-8 right before the half. Lance got hurt late in the 2nd quarter and Midway wasn't the same. South Pittsburg scratched back and tied the game. In overtime the Pirates scored on the 1st or 2nd play and Midway fumbled on their first play Pirates win 28-20. I have the game on VHS at home I still cannot believe we won that game just like I can't believe we choked the next week against Oneida.

Guest nwtnsports

ahhh yes, huntingdon vs milan in both 03 and 04. The two best high school football games i've ever seen. Why on god's green earth did milan punt on fourth and one i will never know, but the insuing drive was a thing little boys dreams are made of. The entire 75 yds on the ground if memory serves me correctly. Vintage mustang football. Then in 03, an utterly unstoppable milan team, the best i've seen, falls victim to a huntingdon team that was hot at the right time. The state championship was played that night. I remember we surprised milan with a freshman rb named chris donald and shocked them with a few well timed passes that sent them realing. What a game.

Donald had about 200 yards in the '03 game. Unbelievable.

I just know that up until the punt in '04, Huntingdon hadn't scored since their first possession of the game. They hadn't made a first down in the second half. They had just 101 yards of offense after their opening scoring drive. Maybe Milan was looking for its defense to make a stop like they had made all game. But they didn't, and that drive was the greatest I've seen in the past few years.

If I had put one more memorable play, it was going to be the '98 quarterfinal game at Huntingdon when Victor Kidd jumps offsides and scores the winning touchdown for Milan.

2005 "Lights Out" game between Jo Byrns and East Robertson in Cross Plains. Things were starting to go East Robertsons way as the halftime horn sounded. I don't remeber the halftime score but I know Jo Byrns was down. As the teams made off the field every light on the East Robertson Campus went out. After a lengthy wait it was determined that the to teams would come back Sat. night and play the second half. What a half it was. The game was tied 20-20 at the end of regulation. East scored and kicked the xtra point and then Jo Byrns scored and Coach Adkins called on his goal line offense. Colton Morris took the handoff and ran to the right side behind big Tremont Moody and Dusty Jackson. Morris just barely crossed the goal line. Jo Byrns wins 28-27. East and Jo Byrns both won their Regions that year. What a game!!

2005 "Lights Out" game between Jo Byrns and East Robertson in Cross Plains. Things were starting to go East Robertsons way as the halftime horn sounded. I don't remeber the halftime score but I know Jo Byrns was down. As the teams made off the field every light on the East Robertson Campus went out. After a lengthy wait it was determined that the to teams would come back Sat. night and play the second half. What a half it was. The game was tied 20-20 at the end of regulation. East scored and kicked the xtra point and then Jo Byrns scored and Coach Adkins called on his goal line offense. Colton Morris took the handoff and ran to the right side behind big Tremont Moody and Dusty Jackson. Morris just barely crossed the goal line. Jo Byrns wins 28-27. East and Jo Byrns both won their Regions that year. What a game!!