TSSAA FOOTBALL CLASSIFICATIONS

Verb58

So do you play all district teams regardless of you are 5A or 6A? Or do you just play the teams that would be in 5A or 6A?

Sorry, hadn't done my research on this one.

This looks.............something. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

http://www.tssaa.org/boardminutes.pdf

See pages 5 and 6.

it sounds like you are not the only one who hasn't done the research

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes you play all the teams in your district then if you makes the playoffs you are put in to the proper class based on school size

by the way ELA this is what Franklin COunty district will probably be

Franklin County

Lincolin County

Coffee County

Tullahoma

Shelbyville

Columbia

Larwenceberg

Playoff Breakdown

6A teams

Franklin County

Lincolin County

Coffee County

Columbia

5A teams

Tullahoma

Shelbyville

Larwence County

Same District 8A AA that is in place for basketball,Baseball softball and Soccer and might i add in basketball this has become one of the tougher districts in middle tennessee good competion year in and year out

Chattanooga District AAA

Bradley Central

Cleveland

McMinn Co.

Ooltewah

Soddy Daisy

Red Bank

Rhea Co.

Walker Valley

Play-off Breakdown

5A

Cleveland

McMinn Co.

Red Bank

Rhea Co.

6A

Bradley Central

Ooltewah

Soddy Daisy

Walker Valley

Who gets the automatic 5A bid will definitely earn it.

The Tennessean has a break down of how the districts would look if they used current numbers.

I was close on the Sumner Co. Teams with Hendersonville, Beech, Gallatin, Portland and Station Camp as well as Mt. Juliet and Lebanon.

I think it's a good start as to where expectations can be. They even broke teams down to 5A and 6A.

ok i am not very smart because i DO NOT understand this playoff structure....let me ask this i see a few districts have several 6A schools while they have maybe 2 5A schools is it just me or is this a disadvantge or do they get and auotmatic birth?...

I really liked the old system and i think OVERALL it worked no system you get will fully help everyone and this one i think this will really hurt some teams and not even give them a chance to make the post season because they are playing school that have a bigger enrollment...if someone can put this in a little better english for me i would appreciate it

They can change, the enrollments will be taken 20 days-I believe-into the school year this fall. I doubt anything will change too much. The way they seemed to have gotten these together pretty quickly makes me think there could be two-year classifications instead of four without a lot of problems.

Chattanooga District AAA

Bradley Central

Cleveland

McMinn Co.

Ooltewah

Soddy Daisy

Red Bank

Rhea Co.

Walker Valley

Play-off Breakdown

5A

Cleveland

McMinn Co.

Red Bank

Rhea Co.

6A

Bradley Central

Ooltewah

Soddy Daisy

Walker Valley

Who gets the automatic 5A bid will definitely earn it.

I'm probably wrong but I thought the top two teams in each district, regardless of postseason breakdown, earned the automatic bids. In this district, for example, it could be Bradley and Ooltewah.