Bassham to Cascade

chuckm

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first heard that MTMC's coach had been hired for Cascade, I knew there was a cold day somewhere. After giving it some thought for the past week, I feel this may be an excellent choice. If he brings with him the same enthusiam and skills he displayed at MTMC, Cascade should still have success on the field.

True Cascae does not have the pool like Murfreesboro to pull from, but Chris has built an excellent program and the players that are coming up through the ranks are excellent.

If I am willing to give Bassham a chance, something I thought I would never say, everyone should.

I think it was a good hire. Without a doubt one of the best out there to get for a Bedford County School. Unfortunately the pay scale in our county makes it hard to recruit top tier coaching. I've heard we missed out on a couple of quality softball coaches for that reason.

Cascade lost a huge talented class, but like BJ said, they have a lot coming back including 9A pitcher of the year Josh Brown. I'd be surprised if this in nothing more than a 1 or 2 year stepping stone for the new coach.

I think it was a good hire. Without a doubt one of the best out there to get for a Bedford County School. Unfortunately the pay scale in our county makes it hard to recruit top tier coaching. I've heard we missed out on a couple of quality softball coaches for that reason.

Cascade lost a huge talented class, but like BJ said, they have a lot coming back including 9A pitcher of the year Josh Brown. I'd be surprised if this in nothing more than a 1 or 2 year stepping stone for the new coach.

stepping stone to what isnt that MTCS was suppose to be so he is leaving there...i wonder what type of pay structure he is getting there more or less or the same...kind of a lateral move to me...did he put in for the blackman job or any other job that has come up?...I do think it was a good hire for cascade he is a good coach but i am puzzled as to why make this move

stepping stone to what isnt that MTCS was suppose to be so he is leaving there...i wonder what type of pay structure he is getting there more or less or the same...kind of a lateral move to me...did he put in for the blackman job or any other job that has come up?...I do think it was a good hire for cascade he is a good coach but i am puzzled as to why make this move

Only thing I can guess is he felt he had a better chance to win district and region championships at Cascade. They still have a huge amount of talent there. We were pitching about 9 different kids last year. Obviously some were seniors, but several were not. I suspect he'd like to get one or two district championships under on his resume to look more appealing to larger schools. Again, that's only a guess. I can't even imagine that leaving a Rutherford county school system pay scale for a Bedford County one, was his reasoning. I don't think there is any way the two compare so I'm pretty sure it wasn't for a pay raise.

I may be wrong and he may of just fell in love with the location and school. It is pretty country around Wartrace and it is a wonderful place to raise a family. That may be higher on his priority list than what was mentioned. Principal Sharon Edwards and Vice Principal David Parker are very good to work with from a Coaching standpoint. I can tell you that personally!

Only thing I can guess is he felt he had a better chance to win district and region championships at Cascade. They still have a huge amount of talent there. We were pitching about 9 different kids last year. Obviously some were seniors, but several were not. I suspect he'd like to get one or two district championships under on his resume to look more appealing to larger schools. Again, that's only a guess. I can't even imagine that leaving a Rutherford county school system pay scale for a Bedford County one, was his reasoning. I don't think there is any way the two compare so I'm pretty sure it wasn't for a pay raise.

I may be wrong and he may of just fell in love with the location and school. It is pretty country around Wartrace and it is a wonderful place to raise a family. That may be higher on his priority list than what was mentioned. Principal Sharon Edwards and Vice Principal David Parker are very good to work with from a Coaching standpoint. I can tell you that personally!

while MTCS is in rutherford county it is a PRIVATE school so i do not know that pay scale over there but shadowens did leave smyrna for MTCS...please dont think i think cascade isnt that great in fact i think it would be a great area to coach its a great community out there and you have great support from the community i enjoy seeing a game out there ive only been about 2 or 3 times but i do enjoy it

Rutherford Cty school systems is correct...but as has been stated MTCS is a private school so they create their own salary levels. To put this as nicely as I can, most teachers at MTCS are not driving around town in BMW's. It was a great opportunity for Bassham and his family. I consider it a pleasure to have played for him and coached with him. In no way is this reasoning to do with unhappiness, he just simply found a program that is pretty comparable to where he is leaving with more financial comfort. He will be missed and we wish him the best(except for 3-4 games a year in our rivalry lol)

I imagine that there are a few reasons that factored in the decision. The first would be that small privates like MTCS historically pay rather low in comparison to public schools - especially what he could receive in the Murfreesboro proper area. The second reason may be the slight uncomfortableness (is that a word? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ) that he may be feeling with his Dad leaving the nest from MTCS. Coach Bash Jr. pre-dated Bash Sr., but it is still a little awkward with family coming and going in whatever capacity at the school. I can't fault the guy at all for a fresh start at a decent program with better pay. Although, I do agree that the move does seem quite lateral from a "level" perspective.

I imagine that there are a few reasons that factored in the decision. The first would be that small privates like MTCS historically pay rather low in comparison to public schools - especially what he could receive in the Murfreesboro proper area. The second reason may be the slight uncomfortableness (is that a word? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ) that he may be feeling with his Dad leaving the nest from MTCS. Coach Bash Jr. pre-dated Bash Sr., but it is still a little awkward with family coming and going in whatever capacity at the school. I can't fault the guy at all for a fresh start at a decent program with better pay. Although, I do agree that the move does seem quite lateral from a "level" perspective.

will he be able to convince Comstock to stay on as his assistant?