Dyersburg Trojan Coach

mrbigster

Haha, know the feeling. I played/graduated from HS with Paul at OCCHS. Played SS, not a pitcher. He would be the first to tell you that his fastball wouldn't break paper. He would be smart to tell you that Kim (his wife) is the athlete in the family!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well.....that just goes to show you "always watch what you say". I hope noone took offense to any of my comments above! Just making a joke about the coaches box. I could tell she knew the game and was a good coach.....but she was...kinda...coaching from EVERYWHERE.

To be honest, I don't remember a lot about Paul.....just the name......and eye-glasses (I think). Actually his name had come up over the years while talking to another guy from up that way that I used to coach the kids with (now that I think about it).

Got to watch a lot of ball this week. Any idea if that was Dyersburg's varsity? Schedule said so, yet it was really hard to tell all week, not knowing any of the teams.

P.S. If you graduated with Paul.....who I think was a year ahead of me (maybe wrong).....that would make you a year older than me............PLEASE CHANGE YOUR SCREEN NAME! : )

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jackeddie, why do you say no one from DC would take the job at Dyersurg? If I remember correctly the black assistant went from Dyer Co. to Dyersburg as an assistant did he not?

Which black assistant are you referring to..I thought they had two or at least one two years ago and a different one last year. One former assistant is going to Union City from what I've been told. Any word?

Which black assistant are you referring to..I thought they had two or at least one two years ago and a different one last year. One former assistant is going to Union City from what I've been told. Any word?

I talked to Preston Barbee,the Dyer Co coach Saturday night..He is going to Union City..I believe he said he was starting Monday or a couple days ago

Well.....that just goes to show you "always watch what you say". I hope noone took offense to any of my comments above! Just making a joke about the coaches box. I could tell she knew the game and was a good coach.....but she was...kinda...coaching from EVERYWHERE.

To be honest, I don't remember a lot about Paul.....just the name......and eye-glasses (I think). Actually his name had come up over the years while talking to another guy from up that way that I used to coach the kids with (now that I think about it).

Got to watch a lot of ball this week. Any idea if that was Dyersburg's varsity? Schedule said so, yet it was really hard to tell all week, not knowing any of the teams.

P.S. If you graduated with Paul.....who I think was a year ahead of me (maybe wrong).....that would make you a year older than me............PLEASE CHANGE YOUR SCREEN NAME! : )

Kim used to coach at Central years ago and then spent several seasons at Lake Co..Led Lake Co to the State tournament..Paul and Kim owned a store at Lake Co during this time..If I'm not mistaken..left Lake Co because of the health of one of her parents..Most Lake Co players and fans hated to see her leave and would welcome her back even now..

Does anyone know who Dyersburg will go after for this position? Doesnt Dyer County have three young assistants? Might be good to stay at home with anyone of those guys since they've been use to winning. They may could provide the program with stability and a winning tradition. Is this considered a good job?

It's been a couple of days, any word on who might be on their short list?

preston is from dyersburg, but i doubt he was ' helping' the dhs team last year. i talked to him at too mant dchs games lol he loves ball and was a great help to derrick during his first year. good luck to him at uc. he had a teaching position at northview , so i seriously doubt ANY things said that he aided dhs at all. this year, the only coach at dchs who might give the dhs post consideration would be clark. he is from clarksville and has no real ties to either school. i dont think hed go from talent to NO talent just to be a head coach, but stranger things have happened. mccord isnt going and beck played for him in high school. he isnt a back stabber and wont go. thats why i said no dc coaches would tak4e the job. to the point now. dhs is too hard to please. u have to win AND play the right kids. i know this is a point i make that gets me in trouble, but its a fair statement. good luck to dhs finding a new coach and ' tip it off'

preston is from dyersburg, but i doubt he was ' helping' the dhs team last year. i talked to him at too mant dchs games lol he loves ball and was a great help to derrick during his first year. good luck to him at uc. he had a teaching position at northview , so i seriously doubt ANY things said that he aided dhs at all. this year, the only coach at dchs who might give the dhs post consideration would be clark. he is from clarksville and has no real ties to either school. i dont think hed go from talent to NO talent just to be a head coach, but stranger things have happened. mccord isnt going and beck played for him in high school. he isnt a back stabber and wont go. thats why i said no dc coaches would tak4e the job. to the point now. dhs is too hard to please. u have to win AND play the right kids. i know this is a point i make that gets me in trouble, but its a fair statement. good luck to dhs finding a new coach and ' tip it off'

well that is what a coach is for to win isnt it so there wouldnt be a point of having a coach that just loses and ur saying dyersburg doesnt have any talent

The new Dyersburg coach is Kim Decker. This could be very interesting, the AD at Tennessee State, Theresa Phillips, coached the men's team a few years ago. Are there any other female coaches coaching boys' basketball teams in the state? I know the Lake County middle school boys' team has been well coached by a woman.

The new Dyersburg coach is Kim Decker. This could be very interesting, the AD at Tennessee State, Theresa Phillips, coached the men's team a few years ago. Are there any other female coaches coaching boys' basketball teams in the state? I know the Lake County middle school boys' team has been well coached by a woman.

I predict that Kim will do very well in this position. Good luck to her this year.

What "RIGHT KIDS" are you speaking of?....Last time I checked there were no "PILL HILL KIDS" playing Basketball....Who was playing basketball for Dyersburg last year? Blake Davis and Logan Parker and both were OCHS transplants....Don't see where they were the "RIGHT KIDS"...Counce doesn't play that BS...That is why he wins...Never hear that about the girls basketball team...The reason Real left was ALL THE BASKETBALL TALENT is going to Dyer County....Everybody wants to play for a WINNER and McCord is the man eveybody wants to play for in roundball...Just like Counce in football...Adam Renshaw is a fine man.. as is Darren Bowling...But go to a practice of theirs and then go watch a JAMES COUNCE PRACTICE....NO COMPARISON....Three Oaks has ALOT of talent and Northview had ALOT of talent and just about all of it was from DYERSBURG....So If you had a chance to go to Covington or Haywood which both had openings or stay at Dyersburg which is losing talent to Dyer County then that is a no brainer...When Blake and that bunch of kids went to Dyer County and had the success they had ...THERE WENT THE TALENT...just like anybody that wants a FUTURE in football will play for James Counce... Dyer County is a NEW SCHOOL and the enrollment is going up...Probably looking at 4A in football and 3A in basketball in 2009.... Good Luck to Kim Decker...I remember when she was Kim Whipple....played at Lambuth... She and Paul have a son who is a really good athlete...

What "RIGHT KIDS" are you speaking of?....Last time I checked there were no "PILL HILL KIDS" playing Basketball....Who was playing basketball for Dyersburg last year? Blake Davis and Logan Parker and both were OCHS transplants....Don't see where they were the "RIGHT KIDS"...Counce doesn't play that BS...That is why he wins...Never hear that about the girls basketball team...The reason Real left was ALL THE BASKETBALL TALENT is going to Dyer County....Everybody wants to play for a WINNER and McCord is the man eveybody wants to play for in roundball...Just like Counce in football...Adam Renshaw is a fine man.. as is Darren Bowling...But go to a practice of theirs and then go watch a JAMES COUNCE PRACTICE....NO COMPARISON....Three Oaks has ALOT of talent and Northview had ALOT of talent and just about all of it was from DYERSBURG....So If you had a chance to go to Covington or Haywood which both had openings or stay at Dyersburg which is losing talent to Dyer County then that is a no brainer...When Blake and that bunch of kids went to Dyer County and had the success they had ...THERE WENT THE TALENT...just like anybody that wants a FUTURE in football will play for James Counce... Dyer County is a NEW SCHOOL and the enrollment is going up...Probably looking at 4A in football and 3A in basketball in 2009.... Good Luck to Kim Decker...I remember when she was Kim Whipple....played at Lambuth... She and Paul have a son who is a really good athlete...