Greenback High School

TnTies

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

due to the increase in the size of the team coach kil may try moving some guys around so no one has to play on both sides of the ball. i hope he does anyways that way our guys dont get tired as quick. GO CHEROKEES

You may have the numbers but I doubt enough talent depth exists to keep at least 5 or 6 guys guys from playing both ways.

You may have the numbers but I doubt enough talent depth exists to keep at least 5 or 6 guys guys from playing both ways.

maj you may be right about that however that would probably be a statement one could use for most if not all 1a schools and probably for most high schools in general. I've followed Maryville since I graduated in the early 80's and they have been very dominte as of late but they have always had 3-4 go both ways.

maj you may be right about that however that would probably be a statement one could use for most if not all 1a schools and probably for most high schools in general. I've followed Maryville since I graduated in the early 80's and they have been very dominte as of late but they have always had 3-4 go both ways.

I agree, life in 1a means many play both ways. I'm sure some of the kids like the action of playing both sides, though on those 85 degree nights with 100% humidity having some extra players who can get a two way kid a breather is a good thing. I'm looking for big improvements in Greenback this year. The extra bodies will certainly help.

I hope we do. The coaches, parents, players, fans, and community deserve a good season. They are putting a lot of effort into their team hopefully it will pay off. I dont know where we could find the helmet design for greenback but we may be able to get a picture of it and post it on here. ill see what i can do if no one else can find it on the net

I hope we do. The coaches, parents, players, fans, and community deserve a good season. They are putting a lot of effort into their team hopefully it will pay off. I dont know where we could find the helmet design for greenback but we may be able to get a picture of it and post it on here. ill see what i can do if no one else can find it on the net

Greenback has a ton of tradition. I'll be happy to see them doing better. They will be the hard charger in Reg. 2 this year. I think a lot of teams will be fighting just to stay on the field with the Cherokess this year.

There is a thread on here that tells you how to submit a picture of the helmet. I think it is listed as Tennessee Football Helmets. It was started by Bill#49. If you can't find that, go to the site High School Football Database and click on helmet project on the left. The guy that is putting the helmets on said he can use a digital picture of a helmet as long as the logo (if any) is clear.

• 2 weeks later...

vogt and bunkie will go both ways as will garner and glenn most likey, and the linmen will probabley play both sides as well. my senior year was the 1-9 year and glad to see the boys winning more games and getting the greenback tradition alive and well again. but to answer an earlier question about the backup qb, what i have been told vogt is the backup since mccloud moved to o-line. if that is wrong someone correct me, and i hope to watch the boys on the fridays i am home, they may be a year or two from getting bck to where we once were but the playoffs seem within reach this year. go kees