District 13AA

GCPioneer

From what i have heard that happened in 13AA today i would say that GC is the odds on favorite to win the state this year in AA. I think they will play Upperman for the title though...

I've been sworn to secrecy (sp?) but I would agree with devilfanatic from the news that I got today. If we are talking about the same thing of course.

I am going to go with this order (even if my insider info is correct or not)

1. Gibson Co

2. Westview

3. Obion Co

4. Dyersburg

5. Milan

6. Dyer Co

7. Crockett Co

To much stuff can happen though as we saw last year so no money being put down in Vegas by me just yet.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what i have heard that happened in 13AA today i would say that GC is the odds on favorite to win the state this year in AA. I think they will play Upperman for the title though...

Yes, GC definately will be going back to state this year, especially with the changes going to happen. We'll all talk tomorrow when the news comes out.

Well the news is out....And the news is this.....Aubrey Reedy of Obion Central,who will be a junior this upcoming season,is transferring to Gibson County to play basketball....Her parents are suppose to be moving into Gibson County which will mean Aubrey will be eligible to play for the Lady Pioneers this season instead of sitting out a year...

Well the news is out....And the news is this.....Aubrey Reedy of Obion Central,who will be a junior this upcoming season,is transferring to Gibson County to play basketball....Her parents are suppose to be moving into Gibson County which will mean Aubrey will be eligible to play for the Lady Pioneers this season instead of sitting out a year...

wow!!!!!! Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will start a whole wave of transfers. Who will be the next to transfer? Will Obion be and A team for next year due to enrollment? Did the Obion Coach say he would get even for team tampering? Did a team out of Jackson say they were going to raid Gibson?

Just Kidding!!!!!!!!!!! and you said 7A---7AA was out of control BUT now what is next?

Yes, someone brought me a paper home today for me to read. I didn't know about it until yesterday. PHargis, I'm glad you know every detail of the stroy besides the fact that it's a transfer. Maybe you should stick to the transfer thread if that's what you base everything on.

Yes, someone brought me a paper home today for me to read. I didn't know about it until yesterday. PHargis, I'm glad you know every detail of the stroy besides the fact that it's a transfer. Maybe you should stick to the transfer thread if that's what you base everything on.

Do you realize many of those in 7A-7AA are move and transfer also? By the way, it is the right way to do it. That is not the issue. But you are right the story is not all out. Maybe someone would like to share it like the good people in 7-7A have, not that i agree with doing it that way. While it is not so, I am sure, it looks as if 13AA might be stacking a team. The heading on the 7A-7AA says "And the strong get stronger". Hope the two Districts are not trying to outdo each other. The interesting part of all of this is the two principals of the schools have to agree with this and this poster believes something could not be wrong with the situation if that is the case. It is likely this is not a sports related move but because of job, better academics in the other school or a have to case due to an illness in a family or to take care of an elderly situation. All of these are legitimate situations and it is the real life not only in West Tennessee but in the Upper Cumberland also. While my post was in jest and sorry you took it otherwise, it only shows that everyone is taking these things too seriously in both Districts.

I have heard the reason of her leaving but it is not my business to explain it to the public. If it be for her and her parents to explain to everyone then they will. As for a team in 13AA getting stacked, it is from all home-grown area kids besides Aubrey if she comes to GC. Gibson Co. consists of Heather Butler (Medina), Heather Griffin (Rutherford), Erica Schlesinger (Medina), Brittney Garner (Dyer), Jeniqua Jennings (Dyer), Brittany Hickman (Spring Hill), Katie Pate (Rutherford), Autumn Hopper (Rutherford), there's a few more but I'm not sure on the names. (by the way, those schools i put in parenthesis are feeder schools to GC) We also have the strongest Freshman class coming into GC this year that include 3 girls that could probably suit up for any varsity girls team in rural West TN. Now while it may seem to you, on the other side of the state, that 13AA is stacking a team is pretty laughable. Maybe, it's just the fact we have good coaches in the feeder schools and then they get to GC and get to play for 2 of the best coaches in Tennessee, Kevin McMillan and David Russell. I'm sure Coach McMillan is not worried about competing against 7AA but competing for a state championship team whether it be a team from 7AA or a team such as Marshall Co.

Lady Rebel hoop progam takes a hit with Reedy relocation

By MIKE HUTCHENS, Messenger Sports Editor

Posted: Wednesday, July 9, 2008 6:46 pm

What Chuck Reedy says is best for his family is anything but that for the Obion Central girls’ basketball program.

The Reedy family — including third-daughter Aubrey — will be relocating to Gibson County soon, taking with them a rising star on the Lady Rebel hoop team to District 13AA rival GCHS.

The loss of the 5-11 two-year starter is considered a major blow to a Central club that won 52 games over those two seasons in a rugged league that regularly produces state-ranked teams and title contenders.

In addition to weakening the Lady Rebel future prospects, the Reedy family’s imminent move also is sure to strengthen a Gibson County program that returns several players from last year’s Class 2A state tournament team.

Reedy averaged 10.2 points and four rebounds per-game while shooting 55 percent from the field and 82 percent from the free throw line during her sophomore season.

She is currently playing on a 15-and-under AAU team in Cincinnati where her mates include three or more of her future Gibson County companions.

Provided that the Reedy family establishes a legitimate residence in the county — something they claim is in the works at this time — and all transfer requirements with the TSSAA are met, Aubrey will be eligible to practice and play for the Lady Pioneers immediately.

She will play at GCHS for head coach Kevin McMillan, whose staff consists of his wife, Paige, a former Gibson County star herself, as well as rural West Tennessee coaching legend David Russell.

Chuck Reedy said the decision for his family to change addresses and school systems for the third of his four basketball-playing daughters was not an easy one — but the best nonetheless.

“It’s just what’s right for us right now as a family,” the elder Reedy told The Messenger on Tuesday. “It’s not an easy one, but it’s the best one when you look at the big picture.

“Overall, I just think that the personal vision that I have for the Obion Central girls’ basketball program as a native of this county is a lot different from the vision of the people who are making some of the decisions and who are not from here. It’s certainly no reflection on Coach (Eddie) Suiter or the current Lady Rebel basketball program.”

Reedy was quick to squelch the natural recruiting allegations in the decision-making process, adamant in that there had been no inappropriate contact by anyone from Gibson County High School with he or Aubrey.

“This is not a case where either myself or Aubrey has been talked to or encouraged to make this move by anybody from Gibson County,” he claimed. “We’ve not been approached by any coach or any administrator. It’s just a decision I’ve made that’s in Aubrey’s and our family’s best interest. You always want the best for your children, and I think this is it.

“Gibson County is the best fit for us. We know people from there, and I know the program has great tradition and their kids have an outstanding work ethic. The coaches are demanding, but everybody is on the same page and pulls in the same direction.”

For his part, Suiter lamented the loss of his promising post player, but had nothing but kind words for her father, who was a fixture in the program’s landscape in various unpaid capacities since his graduation from OCCHS in 1983.

“I appreciate all that Chuck has done for our program, be it as a booster, a bus driver, a sounding board, or the many other things he’s done for us since I’ve been here,” Suiter said. “He and his family have been a big part of our program.

“I hate to see him make this decision and go, and of course, I hate to see Aubrey go — especially to a team in our district.”

Chuck Reedy, a 24-year employee of Goodyear, has indeed been a staunch supporter of the Lady Rebel hoop fortunes in a variety of roles over the years from coaching lower level and AAU teams, to driving the team bus and helping out with the high school program.

His wife, Maria, (Hogg) is also an OCCHS graduate, and that side of the family has long been involved in the Central athletic scene.

Oldest daughter Abby was a Central graduate and The Messenger Prep Player of the Year in her senior campaign in 2006, while No. 2 sibling Gentry was a 1,000-point scorer in a career that ended last year.

Tori, the youngest of the basketball-playing Reedy girls, will be an eighth grader at Hillcrest this fall.

Maybe, or maybe not.

Her father said ideally, Tori will finish her middle school education and playing days in Obion County before then moving to GCHS.

Depending on his conversations regarding the transfer with Gibson County and TSSAA officials, that could indeed change, Chuck Reedy claimed.

Sports editor Mike Hutchens can be contacted by e-mail at mhutch@ucmessenger.com.

Printer-friendly format

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you know someone else who would like to see this?

Your Email:

Their Email:

Comment:

(Will be included with e-mail)