District 13AA

GCPioneer

Good luck to all....But, I am now ready to play it out. Talk, talk, talk...I am ready for some bball, And its only JULY!!!

Besides folks better not forget about McMinn Central, Stone Memorial, Sequatchie(sp) County.. This is going to a great year for AA basketball statewide, mark it down.

This poster knows you are right. Sequatchie(sp) has already shown up on this posters watch screen BUT am not sure the competition they play. The W-L record is pretty impressive. AA looks very strong.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuck Reedy said the decision for his family to change addresses and school systems for the third of his four basketball-playing daughters was not an easy one — but the best nonetheless.

“It’s just what’s right for us right now as a family,” the elder Reedy told The Messenger on Tuesday. “It’s not an easy one, but it’s the best one when you look at the big picture.

“Overall, I just think that the personal vision that I have for the Obion Central girls’ basketball program as a native of this county is a lot different from the vision of the people who are making some of the decisions and who are not from here. It’s certainly no reflection on Coach (Eddie) Suiter or the current Lady Rebel basketball program.”

Reedy was quick to squelch the natural recruiting allegations in the decision-making process, adamant in that there had been no inappropriate contact by anyone from Gibson County High School with he or Aubrey.

“This is not a case where either myself or Aubrey has been talked to or encouraged to make this move by anybody from Gibson County,” he claimed. “We’ve not been approached by any coach or any administrator. It’s just a decision I’ve made that’s in Aubrey’s and our family’s best interest. You always want the best for your children, and I think this is it.

“Gibson County is the best fit for us. We know people from there, and I know the program has great tradition and their kids have an outstanding work ethic. The coaches are demanding, but everybody is on the same page and pulls in the same direction.”

This newspaper article, if correct, explains the situation concerning Chuck Ready and if followed thru is legal in every way. How simular the situation is from two Tennessee Districts in different parts of the State. Both DID involve athletics, both did not involve contact with adminsitration but did involve playing AAU with players of Gibson County and found some compatibility there it is fair to say. And was attracted by Coaching and Gibson County's record and a demanding work ethic and everyone pulling in the same direction. Consistancy. There has got to be a lesson in there somehow. This poster will let you pull it out.

After reading all of these posts, they are very enlightening. What is obvious is this District race is a work in progress and after looking at what happened last year, a few games made the difference in the outcomes and no one was ever out of the race thru region. Reading these, the same thing will probably happen this year. Chemistry will deal as much with the outcome as anything else and while Gibson got a good player, they also have some evidently good tall players that contributed last year that the coaching staff will have to deal with. This might not be an advantge or disadvantage but a nonevent. There is no question this district is very strong and partisonship shades the posts at times. Someone posted AA will be very strong. That is probably so but Westview had only 650 students in 2007. Could this school be dropped to A with that many students? It would not be good if it was since you the fans really enjoy this whole senario and the competition both on and off the court. Thats what makes high school sports so great especially with AA schools in smaller towns. This poster sure hopes that Ronnie Carter and the TSSAA tries to maintain as much of this as they can as it is part of the culture and the way of life in many of the towns in Tennessee from Mountain City to Union City. The rest of AA are looking at these posts and developing their plans and the Battle of AA in the Boro will be likely one of the best ever. Your race, it looks, will go down to the wire.

There is no question this district is very strong and partisonship shades the posts at times. Someone posted AA will be very strong. That is probably so but Westview had only 650 students in 2007. Could this school be dropped to A with that many students?

2006 numbers were about 625 for Westview. That puts them in the middle of AA.

Westview is loaded but Heavy wont admit it. He told me at a camp that Bradford would kill Westview but Westview did the killing. Westview looked really good to me. They have some young girls who will contribute this year. Everyone knows about Amber and Grace Ann, they are clearly the #2 team now in the district.

I think Westview makes it to the 'boro this year. GC and Westview will represent well!

I hate to see Aubrey leave but her dad could have left 4 years ago. He alone has ran enough good players away from that program that they would have had a gold ball. He talks about his vision of the program who cares, that what's been wrong with Obion Central for the last few years too many parents involved. The Union City Daily Messenger must be hard up for story lines when a student transferring is front page news.

I agree completely..only in Obion County will a STUDENT/athlete's transfer hit the papers AND it's not like this is the first time such has happened in the last few years. Here's another news flash too...until someone or some people in that county stand up & acknowledge the issues then address them, this won't be the last. Reedy's a good kid by all accounts & wish her nothing but the best. She's going into a great system, great coaching staff & should warrant even greater results....

ucoc, it's big time news in the world of sports when a player such as Aubrey transfers from one school to a district rival school. With me being from Gibson Co., I got someone that was in Union City to buy me a UC Messenger just so I could read the article on Aubrey. It's big time news in sports.