Class 3A: Region 3 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2008?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2008?

Howard only lost buster and ricks the other guys are returning. If you have a team full of all stars it means nothing to the hustlin tigers. The point is that Hudson the second half but thats all old news the tigers are bigger stronger and faster than last year and they return that monsterous 0 line that was only sophmores last year and they add spead with Banks and Brandon Shropshire along with the power of Eric McCollough. Not to mention who is going to defend Quick #3. and we have other weapons. Not to mention Jackson did nothing against Howard because his athleticism is nothing to the hustlintigers because all of our players are fast. Be on the lookout for those Hustlintigers this year you are gonna be surprised and just hope that you guys dont slip without Jackson and hope that you have the athletes this year when we air the ball out

alright t-mac. please accept that mcminn central was a better football team than howard last year. central beat howard head to head...and like jwcardin said, central was penilized more!!!! so stop with the "can't get a fair game in englewood" thing! you want an unfair game go to meigs county(by the way central won that game too) you go on and on about how much howard has improved. you think central has just stayed the same? "if you have a team full of all stars it means nothing to the hustlin tigers." it also means nothing to the chargers who howard has or how much "stronger" the tigers will be. you talk about jackson being ineffective in that game....what did hudson do? yeah he had a few good runs, but when it came clutch time he was on the sidelines. meanwhile jackson was leading his team downfield to score the WINNING touchdown. those huge lineman and all-world freshman linebacker you talk up all the time couldn't stop watson, walker and that offensive line of the chargers.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:

alright t-mac. please accept that mcminn central was a better football team than howard last year.  central beat howard head to head...and like jwcardin said, central was penilized more!!!! so stop with the "can't get a fair game in englewood" thing!  you want an unfair game go to meigs county(by the way central won that game too) you go on and on about how much howard has improved.  you think central has just stayed the same?  "if you have a team full of all stars it means nothing to the hustlin tigers."  it also means nothing to the chargers who howard has or how much "stronger" the tigers will be.  you talk about jackson being ineffective in that game....what did hudson do?  yeah he had a few good runs, but when it came clutch time he was on the sidelines.  meanwhile  jackson was leading his team downfield to score the WINNING touchdown.  those huge lineman and all-world freshman linebacker you talk up all the time couldn't stop watson, walker and that offensive line of the chargers.

Nobody is talking about polk co. Are they losing that much from last year? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

well T-Mac... i believe they were doing a great job of moving the ball until they lost Hudson.. but welcome to football... i could say the same about Central vs. Greenbriar.. they lost Ryan Slack early in the first quarter i believe.. which was central's mr. everything... but its a new season... Howard will have their chance to win this year and we'll see if they take it.. last year's over.. central won 21-20.. and no amount of reflecting on it will change the score so lets look forward to round two this year.. i know i sure am...

well T-Mac... i believe they were doing a great job of moving the ball until they lost Hudson.. but welcome to football... i could say the same about Central vs. Greenbriar.. they lost Ryan Slack early in the first quarter i believe.. which was central's mr. everything... but its a new season... Howard will have their chance to win this year and we'll see if they take it.. last year's over.. central won 21-20.. and no amount of reflecting on it will change the score so lets look forward to round two this year.. i know i sure am...

Finally someone who was at the game who has some sense! Hudson basically did what he wanted to do untill he reaggravated his shoulder injury which honestly he shouldnt have been playing. You are right that is apart of football and we should have made the adjustments. But this year will be better for the tigers who for years have been playing without weight equipment but thanks to sands we have a facility that will rival the private schools /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> So lookout and dont count you eggs before they hatch. Ah yeah slack lead the team down the field. Good ball player. Where is he going?

Finally someone who was at the game who has some sense! Hudson basically did what he wanted to do untill he reaggravated his shoulder injury which honestly he shouldnt have been playing. You are right that is apart of football and we should have made the adjustments. But this year will be better for the tigers who for years have been playing without weight equipment but thanks to sands we have a facility that will rival the private schools /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> So lookout and dont count you eggs before they hatch. Ah yeah slack lead the team down the field. Good ball player. Where is he going?

I believe him & Barnett went to Cumberland.

:Nobody is talking about polk co. Are they losing that much from last year? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I believe they lost 15 seniors.. Alot of key players, they are going to be young, but you can never count them out they are well coached.

I think Central takes the region. Well balanced and good depth on both sides of the ball. Hard to find a weakness. The 2nd place team will more than likely be Howard. They do have weakness'. Best RB in the region is gone now and t-mac I know they have tallent to replace him but not near the caliber player he was. The Howard defense I think last year had some holes in it as well. They were a young team last year and I'm sure some of this has been addressed. Should be an interresting year to say the least. Now for my sleeper pick. IMO you can't count out Notre Dame. Hard nosed bunch of kids with a good coach. Seemed they only got better as the year went on last year. Thats my top three and I think you will have a battle for the 4th playoff spot.

Howard will be good especially on the line. They have alot of talent. I think it was a hard fought game between Central and Howard last year that the ref's almost let get out of hand, but Hudson didn't go out until the 4th and Central was penalized more. I was most impressed that night with the play of Ricks. He's a great 2 sport athlete no doubt.

Saying that, here is my argument for Centrtal. They return all but 6 including Jackson and all state 1st team DE Stiles. From what I hear, Meigs best player (Rayle) has transfereed to Central. He has alot of potential at QB and an awesome DB. Also, one of McMinn County's best players (D.J. King) transfered in. He is a beast playing opposite end of Stiles. I feel Central this year shuts everyone down. Especially the way the 2 spring scrimmages went. Their 2 biggest hurdle are with Loudon game 1 and with the uncertainty at QB, and Howard for all the marbles in Chat-town. Region 3 this year wins 2 in the playoffs (I'm being optimistic) with Central going to round 3. Central definately should have beaten Greenbrier they just played to tight.

Alright, I'm ready T-Mac. Let me have it.

You are forgettin about Centrals o-line this year they only lost one player off of it. So it should be a battle in the trenches against howard but i dont think they will be able to do much against it considering they have Ben Boggess, B.L. Cass, and all-state kyle long. They are all 6-1 250 and up

You are forgettin about Centrals o-line this year they only lost one player off of it. So it should be a battle in the trenches against howard but i dont think they will be able to do much against it considering they have Ben Boggess, B.L. Cass, and all-state kyle long. They are all 6-1 250 and up

I'm a Central fan, and yes they did only lose #68 off the O-line, but B.L. Cass won't measure 6' 1" unless he's playing on stilts. I doubt any of them top 250 either.

t-mac, some time ago we had an "interesting" exchange about Howard, and although we didn't agree on much, I must say you were right. I commented that Howard's offense was organized chaos and they proved me wrong. They have some good schemes and good athletes to execute them. My hat is off to the Hustlin' Tigers and I commend you t-mac on your passionate support of Howard football. Wish you and the Hustlin' Tigers the best this year.