Maryville vs Halls

RebFan101

no not that guy that is coach webster the new ad, he was doin his job....but the guy i am talkin about is the reserved seating for the people who have to buy a card or somethin...he harrassed anybody that came within two rows of it.

No. I enforced the rules and we ended up selling a few more cards to folks who were trying to sneak into the section others paid for. I also asked folks sitting in the aisles to move so older folks would not trip over them going up and down the stairs and so that people who were needing to use the aisle during the game could do so quickly and not block the view of others. It's all about respect for others. We'll see how you do working the job at the next home game. You may attaned any stadium club meeting and volunteer. My late father always told me, you can be part of the problem or part of the solution. Complaining on an internet message board is not part of the solution.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like i said earlier the Rebels go down and go down hard this friday to Alcoa! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

could be ... but it will not be by you out of breath , hands on your hips in 8min devils now will it. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Devilfanatic, I didn't know you were a "Red" Devil fanatic over there in Gainesboro with over 3,000 posts, few if any of which have been on a Halls thread, but that Greyrider is a genius and a legend in his own mind, so welcome aboard!!

i am not sayin i want a seat, he would not let an older man who has trouble gettin up stairs into the section without seeing the card first when the person behind them had his card and was showing it to him.

he was also being a smart @$$ to anyone who would listen, or atleast while i was near to hear him.

This is untrue.

Very early on an older man approached me and I asked to see his card; at which time his daughter/daughter in law (not sure which). Ms Raby, raised her voice from behind him and insisted I let the older man sit down as he had a heart problem. I had no idea this was the case until she told me so and I immediately allowed him to pass without seeing his card. In fact, I never asked to see it. I never harrassed him and I tried my best to use a sense of humor to lighten the mood. I quickly realized how thankless the job is and tried to use a sense of humor the rest of the night.

Next time, you run the gate.

NO ONE was harrassed in any way shape or form.

If anything, I would expect folks to have their cards out in advance so there would be no problem asking for them. Does anyone realize that despite the section being roped off with a sign at the stairs that says "RESERVED SEATING" that about 1 in 3 people try to get in without having paid? Had that job not been done folks would have been on here moaning and complaing about paying for something others got for free; and rightfully so. Also, the older folks, who pay to sit there in a little more relative peace and quiet would have been inundated by the section being packed with a bunch of rowdies to include some Maryville fans.

I will close out my discussion of this issue (and false accusations) by saying, it's easy to get on an internet message board in relative anonimity and complain about things. It takes a lot more to volunteer to work all week leading up to the game to ensure others have a decent game experience. I did this with two of my sons playing on the team and not getting to enjoy the game like those who I felt I was serving by doing this thankless job. I'll be taking a day off form work tommorrow to go and get lockers for our boys up at Carson Newman. Lockers I procured for the program saving us about $30,000.

Do not complain unless you're willing to do the job yourself or use your name.

My name is Bill Steinke and I'll be glad to discuss this further with anyone in person. I love our boys and I love the program. I do not appreciate folks who do nothing but watch the game and complain. I do not appreciate folks who bad mouth coaches or players. Most of all, I do not appreciate dumping on folks who volunteer. There's always a list of things that need doing for the program. Pleae attend the next stadium club meeting and raise your hand. Until then take your complaints elsewhere. Thanks.

Back to the game.

Our boys played well for 3 quarters. Losing Tyler Turner hurt.

I think we'll be ready for Sevier County on Friday.

I think we were talking about the game. Did Halls even realize they were hosting a big game. Are they not capable of bringing in extra seating. What is so sacred about the track behind the visitors bench. When I could hear the PA guy, I got a kick out of him saying to the double (or triple) capacity crowd, "keep off the "H" on the hillside. Nice clock also. To say someone is spoiled indicates that something has been handed to them and this makes them soft. When you have a community that takes pride in it's entire school system and is willing to make sacrifices and put in hard work to make it the best that it can be (academics, athletics, arts, etc...) then they are not spoiled...

I'm sorry that you didn't feel the red carpet was rolled out for you. I realize that you are "Maryville" and feel that you need to be treated better than any other team when you play away....but, I don't think that any school should make major and costly improvements or additions for a game that is played at home only every other year. Did it occur to you that the reason people were being asked to "keep off the H" was due to safety concerns? (it's very slippery) Also, keeping people from standing directly behind the visitors bench was out of respect for the Maryville players. They did open open a larger section of the track for people to stand at the fence, just not the area directly behind the players. Halls did what they could to accommodate this huge crowd. They opened the gates at 4:30 - 3 HOURS before game time. Most people knew in advance that there was going to be a huge crowd for this game and showed up well in advance of kick off to get a seat. It's ignorant to say that Halls didn't realize they were hosting a big game. To imply that there is no pride in the community or lack of willingness to make sacrifices is just plain arrogant. Perhaps you could learn a few lessons in graciousness and diplomacy from your Head Coach.

I'm sorry that you didn't feel the red carpet was rolled out for you. I realize that you are "Maryville" and feel that you need to be treated better than any other team when you play away....but, I don't think that any school should make major and costly improvements or additions for a game that is played at home only every other year. Did it occur to you that the reason people were being asked to "keep off the H" was due to safety concerns? (it's very slippery) Also, keeping people from standing directly behind the visitors bench was out of respect for the Maryville players. They did open open a larger section of the track for people to stand at the fence, just not the area directly behind the players. Halls did what they could to accommodate this huge crowd. They opened the gates at 4:30 - 3 HOURS before game time. Most people knew in advance that there was going to be a huge crowd for this game and showed up well in advance of kick off to get a seat. It's ignorant to say that Halls didn't realize they were hosting a big game. To imply that there is no pride in the community or lack of willingness to make sacrifices is just plain arrogant. Perhaps you could learn a few lessons in graciousness and diplomacy from your Head Coach.

Halls did a fine job as the host. Large crowds once or twice a year are difficult to accomadate for any shcool and to spend a lot of money for one or two events per year does not make sense in todays economy.

Devilfanatic, I didn't know you were a "Red" Devil fanatic over there in Gainesboro with over 3,000 posts, few if any of which have been on a Halls thread, but that Greyrider is a genius and a legend in his own mind, so welcome aboard!!

as a matter of fact this is true! thank you for the compliment. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Amen!