Maryville vs Halls

RebFan101

After Halls took that ball and scored so easily I thought Maryville has in big trouble. What great adjustments Jim Gaylor made. Defense was awesome from the 1st quarter on.

I saw a lot of good things from the offense. Philip Juhlin looked really good except those 2 turnovers. I believe he will be a darn good quarterback. Buddy Jones and Thomas Shuler ran hard. A little smoke and mirrors play never hurts.

It is great to have a sophomore kicker who booms those kickoffs in the end zone.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen!!

Those who are spoiled, rarely realize they are spoiled.

Now to the game...

Ironman, Halls faded late. It could be heart or it could be that we are playing several both ways in 90 degree heat. But "Cry Babies." We are thin on depth just about everywhere.

I though #6 played hard. He had around 90 yards against a highly regarded defense plus another 80 on 3 KO returns. He had most of the yards to set up #3's TD. I like #3. He plays hard both ways when needed and he runs hard. But to assume that he would get 15 yards on every play if he got more carries is silly. That being said, I did expect to see a more of a rotation at RB to show the defense different looks. But I am not the coach.

I think everyone could see that Halls threw 1 screen pass in the entire first half. Maryville put 8 or 9 in the box and dared Halls to throw. Halls declined until desperation set in late. Halls better get used to seeing defenses do this.

Halls did not take advantage of the mistakes Maryville made. (And they made a few.) Lucky bounces all seemed to go Maryville's way. (tipped passes, fumbles) Maryville is vulnerable in some places. If they run the table, it will be GQ's best coaching job yet. That is not meant as a knock. They are still a good team. They played hard when they were down. Halls did appear to either get tired or give up when they finally got behind late.

I thought the Halls offense self destructed. The defensive stand someone mentioned earlier wasn't a strong defensive effort. It was 1st and 10 from the 15 and Halls fumbled twice and missed throwing to a wide open reciever before missing the field goal try.

Congrats Maryville. Maybe we will see you again in post season and have several players back who were out or limited tonight. I hope #4 just has a sprain and no break.

Whut a grait nite ov futbawl......Me, mommaSTARS, and tha pups saved our butter and agg munny this weak and eat at Littuns....Then we all piled in Nellie Belle and headed ovur tha ridge two Hauls....Big crowd and tha Hauls fans set up along side tha rode and haid a sign that sed "60 - 1".....

Hauls caim out strong.....Eye thought tha turnin' point in tha gaim wuz when Hauls had a 3rd down less than a yard around mid feeled and Mairvul got 'em fer a loss..... Frum thair on Mairvul seemed two git in geer....A little "smoke and mirrors"......and Hauls big linemen wuz weared out....mommaSTARS tradishunal Thursdee nite skillet cornbread and cold clumpy buttermilk kept tha boys in Red and Black runnin' till tha end.....

Nikey teem goes two "61 - 0".........Mairvul make sum strides tonite.....Played a lot of kids which will help in the fucher.....Hope #4 fer Hauls is o.k........

By tha way, sumbody on heer "crowed" about Mairvul fanz eatin' "crow pie" aftur tha Hauls victry..... Well yestirday mommaSTARS wint out and lopped tha head off a "crowin' rooster and we iz all eatin' Rooster Pot Pie fer Sunday dinnur aftur church tomorrow......

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ...... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Those who are spoiled, rarely realize they are spoiled.

Now to the game...

I think we were talking about the game. Did Halls even realize they were hosting a big game. Are they not capable of bringing in extra seating. What is so sacred about the track behind the visitors bench. When I could hear the PA guy, I got a kick out of him saying to the double (or triple) capacity crowd, "keep off the "H" on the hillside. Nice clock also. To say someone is spoiled indicates that something has been handed to them and this makes them soft. When you have a community that takes pride in it's entire school system and is willing to make sacrifices and put in hard work to make it the best that it can be (academics, athletics, arts, etc...) then they are not spoiled...

What is so sacred about the track behind the visitors bench. Nice clock also.

Red Rebulls eye heered maybee thay's got a cuvvy ov quail roostin' ovur thair behind tha Mairvul banch and tha Hauls Possum Sheruff didunt wont Mairvul fans flushin' 'em out.......

Next "time" eye go two Hauls eye'm takin tha kitchen clock off tha wall....goin' outside and cuttin' me a peace of dawg chain two maik me a necklace....and eye'll bee tha ofishull Mairvul clock keeper and tha redneck vershun ov Flavor Flav........ /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Red Rebulls eye heered maybee thay's got a cuvvy ov quail roostin' ovur thair behind tha Mairvul banch and tha Hauls Possum Sheruff didunt wont Mairvul fans flushin' 'em out.......

Next "time" eye go two Hauls eye'm takin tha kitchen clock off tha wall....goin' outside and cuttin' me a peace of dawg chain two maik me a necklace....and eye'll bee tha ofishull Mairvul clock keeper and tha redneck vershun ov Flavor Flav........ /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Mr Bars,

I heard that Maryville looked like the Tennessee Volunteers out there last night. Very dominate, have you reserved your Championship time share yet?

Interesting opinions coming in on this game. Halls self destructed more than Maryville's defense made a stand. Maryville is vulnerable. Bottom line Halls came out, dominated the frist quarter and had Maryville right where they wanted them at home and couldn't close the deal.

Maryville is vulnerable in places. But I believe this team is making strides and if they can stay healthy can make some noise in the playoffs. It is a rebuilding year of sorts and we have two of our toughest games to open the season. Some may not believe it but last years team had some vulnerabilities as well. All those wins were not simply because Maryville was dominate in every position. Some times just better coached.

Halls offense may have self destructed on that one drive but Maryville left a LOT of plays on the field. The first interception we had a guy wide open on a post and the Juhlin's arm got hit when he threw it. Maryville also should have had points just before half when a drive stalled out; Jordan was running free around the ten yard line and Young over threw it. But I saw Maryville improve on both sides of the ball as the game went on.

Halls ran about four or five plays the entire night. It looks good when you are dominating the line of scrimmage like they were early. But if you fall behind by a couple of tds late? Not so much. Depth may have indeed hurt them but Maryville adjusting to their run game and them having nothing else to bring to the table didn't help any.

Mr Bars,

I heard that Maryville looked like the Tennessee Volunteers out there last night. Very dominate, have you reserved your Championship time share yet?

Bldrunner eye sold mine this yeer two a Geoff in Oke Gridge.....He sed he new thair coach wood git hit werked out and tha WildCats were heeded two tha 'Boro......