Maryville vs Halls

RebFan101

7 - 7 with about 6 to go in the 3rd.

MHS made a defensive stand in their own red zone and Halls missed a field goal. The Rebels are on their best drive now on about the 15.

the clock's been out and it just came back on saying 6 minutes left in the 3rd. they've corrected that now and it's actually the start of the 4th.

Rebels score and convert the PAT. 14-7.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything went south for Halls after their missed field goal in the 3rd. Maryville absolutely wore them out after that, scoring touchdowns on 3 straight drives to make it 28-7. Maryville definitely looks more vulnerable this year, as opposed to other Maryville teams, but they played a very clean 2nd half, and they made some nice adjustments at halftime. Turner's injury definitely didn't help Halls, although the Devils were already down 21-7 in the middle of the 4th when he was unable to return at QB. Hopefully his injury isn't too serious.

The turning point of the game had to be the tipped pass that set Maryville up inside the 5 while leading 14-7 (Turner was also injured on that play).

- Congrats to the rebels - as usual you knocked the ---- out of us and made us feel ok about it.

My two cents:

- Halls acted like a bunch of babies - wanted to go home and cry to mama when things didn't go our way. I had no idea we had so many quitters on this team. I told you this team lacked toughness.

- I have seen every scrimmage, and how can anyone tell me that #6 is a better runner than #3. Gibson gets through the whole so much faster it's not even funny. One carry for about 15 yards (only TD). By the end it was obvious #6 was a Soph. and looking for a place to fall. That Freshman juking, dancing, running sideways doesn't get it on the Varsity level.

- Note - I think #6 will be a good back later, but as we learned tonight we will have to sacrifice ALOT this year to develop him. (Expect to lose to Central if no one else carries the ball like tonight).

- Coach Williams - I thought you did a GREAT job!! You had your team in position to win going into the fourth quarter. If you had "opened it up" like many fans were screaming, we would have gotten blown out early. Glad to see you are smart enough to stick with what we do well.

- Tip my hat to Mville and there fans, always a class act. It was obvius tonight that the Mville players wanted to win this game worse than the Halls players did.

- Couple of odd plays - fumble bounced up into a Mville lineman for additional 15 yards to set up 1st td, and ball bounce WAY off our safety for big gain to set up 3rd TD.

Congrats to Maryville, one of the first times I have actually gone to a game and watched. Halls came out with a wonderful defensive stand got the ball and drove it down the field. Then didnt do crap the rest, maryville adjusted and pretty much threw all over Halls. Looked like Halls laid down, looked pretty soft. To Dowdy halls back up looked pretty good even though neither Qbs had anytime to throw the ball, lucky they didnt because Halls receivers have stones for hands!