Maryville vs Halls

RebFan101

well how many do you think? cause its not gonna be more than the Alcoa maryville game , any year , that game pulls more than most State championship games

u still don't get it, do u?

At least allow the day of the game for the discussion to be about Halls, not Alcoa.

None of us could give a flip about Alcoa in this thread.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what its worth fans of both teams that may be out of the viewing area such as myself can download a video stream from the internet at http://www.truthradio.tv/. The cost is $20.00 or you can also listen for free at the same site. I called WBCR Truth Radio and they told me half of the proceeds go to Maryville High school because this is a Blount County station. They also have the Alcoa/Spring Hill contest as well. I am going to try it out. Once you start the process it warns you that the game has a fifteen minute delay so if you have friends at the game and you decide to do this then tell them not to call you every 5 minutes with updates. Anyway it is a great way for me to see the games because I live in the Nashville area. Hope this was helpful.

I'm callin' for "Shot Through the Heart" to be played 6 times and Maryville with a 24-14 victory.

Sol, I hope you are right. List your reasons why you think this. I am still trying to get a grip on how good Maryville is going to be and that is solely based on what I have been reading in papers and posts from those who follow the team closely year in year out. It seems to me this team through graduation and a few injuries may be rebuilding. You know I am a fan of the team but my realism is starting to settle into the fact that this team may not be the typical powerhouse we are used to but I hope I am wrong. I have not felt this way in a really long time. I am not spoiled or believe there will never be a time they do not lose but I guess I just would like a clearer picture of this years team and it hard to see from Nashville.

Sol, I hope you are right. List your reasons why you think this. I am still trying to get a grip on how good Maryville is going to be and that is solely based on what I have been reading in papers and posts from those who follow the team closely year in year out. It seems to me this team through graduation and a few injuries may be rebuilding. You know I am a fan of the team but my realism is starting to settle into the fact that this team may not be the typical powerhouse we are used to but I hope I am wrong. I have not felt this way in a really long time. I am not spoiled or believe there will never be a time they do not lose but I guess I just would like a clearer picture of this years team and it hard to see from Nashville.

Reasons -

1. Going with the gut (which has expanded to twice it's normal size after lunch today...whew!) /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

2. I just wanted to say Shot Through the Heart would be played 6 times. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

In all seriousness, I don't know. I've not seen them in person yet. Based on all I have hear of both teams, Halls has struggled to throw it so far, which for all I know may be a clever trick they are playing. I just don't see Halls winning if they are one dimensional.

But, I've been wrong before! Just hope I'm not this time.

Reasons -

1. Going with the gut (which has expanded to twice it's normal size after lunch today...whew!) /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

2. I just wanted to say Shot Through the Heart would be played 6 times. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

In all seriousness, I don't know. I've not seen them in person yet. Based on all I have hear of both teams, Halls has struggled to throw it so far, which for all I know may be a clever trick they are playing. I just don't see Halls winning if they are one dimensional.

But, I've been wrong before! Just hope I'm not this time.

Well I guess your in the same place I am and that means until they get on the field it does no good to speculate. I am like most people. I am anxious for the season and just want to know what is going on. I read an article in which GQ talked about this team having a learning curve. Maybe he just does not want to show his hand but it sounded as if he was playing down this teams ability. I was just curious. Thanks for responding

Well I guess your in the same place I am and that means until they get on the field it does no good to speculate. I am like most people. I am anxious for the season and just want to know what is going on. I read an article in which GQ talked about this team having a learning curve. Maybe he just does not want to show his hand but it sounded as if he was playing down this teams ability. I was just curious. Thanks for responding

One other reason -

While this teams hasn't dominated in the preseason as in years past, they held their own against some decent or better 5A competition.

It's almost unfair to say this team isn't as good as the prior few years because.....how many teams would be that good? No knock against this group of boys, but look at what you are comparing them to! You can still be a really good team and not quite be at the level of the prior years.

Barring turnovers (the great equalizer), I think this team will be ok tonight.

One other reason -

While this teams hasn't dominated in the preseason as in years past, they held their own against some decent or better 5A competition.

It's almost unfair to say this team isn't as good as the prior few years because.....how many teams would be that good? No knock against this group of boys, but look at what you are comparing them to! You can still be a really good team and not quite be at the level of the prior years.

Barring turnovers (the great equalizer), I think this team will be ok tonight.

True. It certainly not fair to compare them with the Burnette, Douglas, Maples.... and on and on. Those teams were blessed with great talent at the skill positions but we should allow this team to develope its own personality. Stars will continue to rise at this school and I look forward to see what they can do. Are you going to watch the game?