Maryville vs Halls

RebFan101

Starz Heard through the Grapevine storm already hit Hauls field it started raining last week and has not stopped. Its a funny thing No rain in August for entire state but in Hauls. I was told that 20 orange fays line the track and being emptied daily however they were just brought in to have enough BR for our beloved Maryville Caravan. All we need now is the rain and the sprinklers to start Thursday morning. Should be as thick as momma Starz Gravy!

DABOYZ eye reemindur how hit can rain inn Hauls.....Dry at tha sesshun stand....Wet on the feeled.... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ....And no mattur how thick the mud and momma's gravy iz.....None of hit iz azz thick azz mommaSTARS hirself........ /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />.....If 'un ewe ont me two eye 'll git momma two leeve her knew Nikey trout waiders fer you 'uns....

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Linebackers are quick, but don't look to have the stopping power of last year's linebacking corp.

ooldrebel ewe must be oold or our linebackers haiv shrinked cents last yeer.....Cents thay are tha saim 3 who started last yeer...... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

ooldrebel ewe must be oold or our linebackers haiv shrinked cents last yeer.....Cents thay are tha saim 3 who started last yeer...... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I am definitely old and my eyesight ain't what it used to be. But, i remember seeing a big Douglas fella back there somewhat. Just callin it like I see it. Hope I am wrong.

I don't know if I was ever a punk or a thug....I do have a profile though....

APB these kids now haiv fancy stuff.....When 'st we used two paint tha AlanWick underpass eye wood ware my old batman tea-shirt, cut-off genes, mammaw's stockins ovur my face, and my PF Flyers fer faster get-a-ways...... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I am definitely old and my eyesight ain't what it used to be. But, i remember seeing a big Douglas fella back there somewhat. Just callin it like I see it. Hope I am wrong.

Douglas played LB 'er one gaim...agin Alcouh.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

OK, so, YOU and FBE think Alcoa has players that "act" like punks and thugs. Got it!

Key word for me is "had" (NOT "have") several years ago....

Several of my son's (he's a Rebel) BEST friends are Chase James, Logan Sharp, Micah Dando, et al, and many others. I know a lot of these kids personally and I've seen these kids play (and many others from Alcoa for years). I have NEVER seen such actions from any current members of Alcoa teams. Gary Rankin & his staff are nothing but class acts!!! Over the years, MHS has had it's share of "acting" like punks too (but rarely under GQ)!

I apologize to Halls folks. I thru with AHS on this tread....back to Halls vs MHS.

- I got to see the tail end of practice, and noticed the injury bug has hit hard. 3 returning defensive starters out (33 starts between them), along with our top 5 potential replacers to Dayton (Johnson, Gresham, Bright, Zabouski, Babcock). Since we use a 1 WR set most of the time, that leaves us with #6 on the depth chart. Oouch!!

- I know Gresham, Babcock and Zabouski are done, but what about Bright and Johnson. BJ looked like there was no way he could play by Friday.

- I hope we are ready to get physical - most players I talked to said that Mville was the most physical team they play year in and year out. I know Mville likes to downplay that role, but that helps explain why they are so good.

Have only seen Halls from what was on the news about them. They have alot of experience coming back. Did, however, go to the jamboree last Friday. This is a much smaller Maryville team than I have seen in many years. The Linebackers are quick, but don't look to have the stopping power of last year's linebacking corp. Surprisingly, Seymour was able to gain yardage up the middle a couple of times in their first offensive series. I look for GQ and the boys to right the ship pretty quickly. Good luck mighty REBS!

Same 3 linebackers as last year. With the exception of the special package that was put in for Douglas, well until he was hurt. They are small. They are quick. And always seem to find the ball. LB's are just fine. As the safeties pick up experience this D will be just fine. People you are going to have to learn this is a different team. They are not going to avg 30-40 pts a game. The team will win and lose with Defense. Last time I checked as long as you score 1 more than the other team, you win. And scoring on this 1st team D is not going to be easy. Look for many close games, and most will have less than 20 points scored. Trust the coachs and the players to be ready each and every game.

one last thing forget the scrimages, do you think Coach wants to tip hand? The seanson starts Friday with Halls. That is the most important game. After that game they can deal with Alcoa because then it will be the most important game.

OK, so, YOU and FBE think Alcoa has players that "act" like punks and thugs. Got it!

I also said; "I also think Coach Rankin, a great coach and fine man has brought more class and discipline to the program but lets see it the 29th. On the field and in the stands".

If my kid acted like a thug you would not get a chance to cheer him on before I yanked a knot in his tail. Class in needed everywhere and call other posters names does not show it. I said all I will say here about this for now.

The Halls game could set the tone for the season for the Rebels. Like every team playing Friday night getting a good win helps encourage a team that has questions to be answered. Maryville has got off to a slow start before and GQ has some work to do as do the players trying to earn the starting spot. The rebels have already lost one senior lineman and now starting senior quarterback Aaron Chamberlain for three weeks. Maryville needs a few un-sungs to step it up if they want to keep the streak alive.

It was suppose to start raining tonight and rain right through Saturday. But today’s forecast has nothing but clear skies and Friday will have about 60% humidity. I hope that every kid gets water logged prior to kick off to avoid cramps. The field should be in great shape for the run game. A Halls strong point as reported.

If Halls can get 150 yards through the air vs. the Rebs, they could upset the rebels. If they don't they will be #61.