Maryville vs Halls

RebFan101

APB and BC Sports Fan. More importantly BC great numbers! I actually thought I saw on a website last year that Alcoa had over 500. But obviously you are more up to date than I on the actual breakdowns. And no nerve struck APB, I just had not had any coffee yet. I know you can likely relate.

I know most Maryville fans in the know don't think you guys winning any given year would be all that miraculous. A team who's own coach says they will likely have six backs they are rotating on a regular basis and ten linemen who are going to play should and could play with any team in the state. And there is the rub. Alcoa year in and year out has the athletes to play with Maryville and yes some years win, but many of their fans infer that should they win it would be unforgivable embarassment for Maryville. I just don't find that accurate or fair to either group of kids. If Alcoa were a "run of the mill" 2A team? Sure, but we all know that isn't the case.

This isn't a Hatfields/McCoys thing to me. My nephew went to Alcoa and I have known many of their players over the years and ran into Logan Love just Saturday night and caught up with him a bit. And your 5A references are well taken, albeit in a "Nixon Joke" sort of way we have heard it so often. But as Rare Earth said years ago; "Get Ready Cause Here It Comes". Your dominance of 2A has no end in sight and eventually the "experts" on these boards will be calling for you to move up regardless of your enrollment because of the competition in 2A. No one would care if Maryville had 5,000 students if they had not won a State Title in the past ten years.

I honestly don't know what kind of team we have this year. We will find out on Friday. Either way we'll show up on the 29th and see how it goes. Good luck to you guys this season; not that you need it.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't you hate it when the fourth graders would bum one of your Luckies??

But they always had a lighter.....strange.

APB tha rich kids allways got lighters in thair Christmas stockin'......Eye wuz poor and eye only got a box of stick kitchen matches...... /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Watching three scrimmages and a Jamboree, it is clear to me that the Rebels have shown very little intensity. While there is much talent among the seniors, if these seniors don't get it together, leadership wise, it will be a long year. Unless enthusiasm and intensity shows up Friday, I predict the Red Devils will put an end to the streak. It's not personal toward any of them individually, but these seniors run the risk of not only being known for the end of the streak, but also be known as the team that ended the dominance of the 4A division. Regardless who is at fault, the lack of leadership seems glaring to me. I hope they prove me wrong!

Watching three scrimmages and a Jamboree, it is clear to me that the Rebels have shown very little intensity. While there is much talent among the seniors, if these seniors don't get it together, leadership wise, it will be a long year. Unless enthusiasm and intensity shows up Friday, I predict the Red Devils will put an end to the streak. It's not personal toward any of them individually, but these seniors run the risk of not only being known for the end of the streak, but also be known as the team that ended the dominance of the 4A division. Regardless who is at fault, the lack of leadership seems glaring to me. I hope they prove me wrong!

Today is Monday.

The Game is Friday.

Let the sandbagging begin!

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Better focus on game one now though, it will be a good one Halls looks strong and the Rebs are out to show they are still "the man" Woooooooo!

See you in two weeks.

APB whut ere ewe sayin' showin' Slick Rick in that maroon and silver robe????....... One Ronald Wright.... #1 Hillbilly and King ov Kingsport iz...wuz...and fer evur will be tha Man!!!!...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It is not my place to come on here and be negative about teenage kids playing the game of football. I am a former graduate and I no longer live in Maryville but follow the program closely and come home on occasion to catch a game so I am no expert on the inner workings of Rebel football anymore. I think we should wait till Friday to make judgements about this year's edition of Rebel football. Their play Friday by all admissions from the coaches to everyone who is involved with the program would admit was not up to par. I personally think Maryville will be challenged more this year than in years past and some of the people on here can not wait for them to lose a game. Whatever happens it has been a great run and I will keep the faith.

Oldrebel2 eye agree......Thay haiv been flatter than my little kin-dee-garden gurlfriend wuz..... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Maryville will play like a "machine".......uh no, made that a "Swiss watch" against Alcoa. Always do.........

I can understand why you would think that. I am one that believes until you are beat then a team is #1 but I been reading some of these posts and I think there is cause for concern from a Maryville point of view but like I said earlier next Friday will give a better gauge of where all the teams are.