Maryville vs Halls

RebFan101

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more...and I've been a Rebel all my life. There are many problems to fix in the next few days or Halls (and then Alcoa) will be celebrating a lot.

I guess what was concerning for me was some these posts are from Rebel Nation and they have been to these scrimmages and have witnessed first hand the intensity of play. Some of these posts are from very loyal Rebel fans and have been known to be protective of the program and when I read doubt about the teams intensity it causes me to raise an eyebrow. I will remain positive they can turn it around because we all know this coaching staff will not accept this kind of effort. These guys can not rely on the skill position talent of the past which they have been blessed with year in and year out. Great effort and team play within the coaching staff's system will bring success and then maybe stars will begin to rise. I see no All-americans and Mr Footballs on this squad but maybe it is because I do not know enough yet about this team and please forgive me if I sound negative because like I said I will keep the faith and see what happens. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think we (Halls) may have a chance to compete (A SMALL CHANCE). My two cents:

1) We can't complete more passes to Maryville than we do to ourselves.

2) We need to avoid 2nd & ten or more (limit penalties and incomplete passes on 1st).

3) We must be ready to get SMACKED in the mouth - if we smack back we have a chance.

4) Limit pass attempts to quick releases - we won't be able to block Smith and co. for long. If we have fewer than 10 plays called as passes we have a chance. Otherwise it will get ugly.

5) BE PATIENT!! It could be a lower scoring, field position type game.

Consider:

- Does Maryville ever use an onside kick to start the game or trick plays during the game?

- Did DB beat Halls by 5 TD's, and lose to Mville by 3 TD's

- Could this game get UGLY quick with some turnovers or sacks?

I hope Halls comes out ready to play PHYSICAL. I think that is our only chance. Last point, the team that runs the ball more effectively and limits the turnovers will win. Most of the time that is Maryville.

Alcoa fans, are you calling the rebels out already? Wait until their tune-up game with Halls is over. It sound like most people are saying the streak will end next week at Alcoa - I wonder how that makes the Maryville players feel when told they can't compete with Alcoa this year?

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think we (Halls) may have a chance to compete (A SMALL CHANCE). My two cents:

1) We can't complete more passes to Maryville than we do to ourselves.

2) We need to avoid 2nd & ten or more (limit penalties and incomplete passes on 1st).

3) We must be ready to get SMACKED in the mouth - if we smack back we have a chance.

4) Limit pass attempts to quick releases - we won't be able to block Smith and co. for long. If we have fewer than 10 plays called as passes we have a chance. Otherwise it will get ugly.

5) BE PATIENT!! It could be a lower scoring, field position type game.

Consider:

- Does Maryville ever use an onside kick to start the game or trick plays during the game?

- Did DB beat Halls by 5 TD's, and lose to Mville by 3 TD's

- Could this game get UGLY quick with some turnovers or sacks?

I hope Halls comes out ready to play PHYSICAL. I think that is our only chance. Last point, the team that runs the ball more effectively and limits the turnovers will win. Most of the time that is Maryville.

Alcoa fans, are you calling the rebels out already? Wait until their tune-up game with Halls is over. It sound like most people are saying the streak will end next week at Alcoa - I wonder how that makes the Maryville players feel when told they can't compete with Alcoa this year?

You always have a chance to compete because competing is based on effort. Chance of winning is differant all together. This Halls team has improved and you have a Julian coaching them so there is winning in the lineage and a restored pride so yes you do have a chance to win. C'mon its high school football. William Blount lost to Maryville last year by the slimest of margins. I listened to that game in Nashville and had 3 heart attacks. The streak was almost stopped. If Maryville is going to have a chance to keep it going they need to make a statement this Friday.

I wonder how that makes the Maryville players feel when told they can't compete with Alcoa this year?

They (including the coaches) heard the same thing in 2005. They didn't take to it real well.

It is alwys good to have those quotes to post in the locker room. Michael Phelps heard all week that he would not get eight gold medals and the French would "smash the Americans" in the relay and he said they posted that stuff and it really motivated him to prove everybody wrong. I hope somebody from another team or writer says something stupid. It is a great motivational tool. Think about it every year you will read a story about how a quote was posted in a locker room and it caused an underdog to upset a heavily favored team. Anybody remember January 1st 1986.

Tenn 35

Miami 7

According to the Daily Times in the May 20, 2006 edition, "Enrollment trends reported Friday show 1,526 students, with 446 being tuition students. There's not always space for the tuition students, who come from outside Alcoa city limits." My comment - This more like 30% not 10%.

In the November 29, 2006 edition, the Daily Times reported, "The school (Alcoa city) charges $400 per student and has 459 tuition students." My comment - So, the number of tuition students had actually gone up for the 2006 - 2007 school year.

Granted these numbers may have changed slightly in the last 18 months and the numbers reflect the whole school system, not just the high school. However, to say "less than 10%" at the high school is entirely inaccurate!

his 10% was referring to Alcoa Highschool , your higher % is referring to the whole school system , add in 2 more schools and ya , thats gonna change

According to the Daily Times in the May 20, 2006 edition, "Enrollment trends reported Friday show 1,526 students, with 446 being tuition students. There's not always space for the tuition students, who come from outside Alcoa city limits." My comment - This more like 30% not 10%.

In the November 29, 2006 edition, the Daily Times reported, "The school (Alcoa city) charges $400 per student and has 459 tuition students." My comment - So, the number of tuition students had actually gone up for the 2006 - 2007 school year.

Granted these numbers may have changed slightly in the last 18 months and the numbers reflect the whole school system, not just the high school. However, to say "less than 10%" at the high school is entirely inaccurate!

his 10% was referring to Alcoa Highschool , your higher % is referring to the whole school system , add in 2 more schools and ya , thats gonna change

It is alwys good to have those quotes to post in the locker room. Michael Phelps heard all week that he would not get eight gold medals and the French would "smash the Americans" in the relay and he said they posted that stuff and it really motivated him to prove everybody wrong. I hope somebody from another team or writer says something stupid. It is a great motivational tool. Think about it every year you will read a story about how a quote was posted in a locker room and it caused an underdog to upset a heavily favored team. Anybody remember January 1st 1986.

Tenn 35

Miami 7

Yawn.......... /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> Your stur'n your own pot....................I've read all the post on Alcoa and Maryville, no one but you is play'n the "poor Maryville's the underdog" card.

i believe that would be 2000? halls is maryville's last region loss if you want to know, but lets be honest, when was the last time anyone beat maryville. so are you going to go onto every thread and talk about something completely irrelavent beacause nobody has beat maryville lately?

im pretty sure thats incorrect , maryvilles last two losses period were in 2000 and they were to Alcoa and Morristown West , i may be wrong , but im pretty sure thats right