Maryville vs Halls

RebFan101

As for my prediction Friday night... Halls!

Soundz like a guod perdickshun DA.....If 'un Fay tha storm orr Fay tha big arnge porty potty iz dumped on Hauls feeled.....Hauls could win bye moore than tha 6 orr 7 td's eye perdicked earlier.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no trouble responding with what I believe to be factual.

This thread was about the Halls-Maryville game. It was some of Alcoa's fans who were hijacking the thread and talking about things other than that football game. I have seen it before were some with little class talk real loud about Alcoa until after the Maryville game. 14-1 is a great season and I would take it too like ole’ Fulmer would too.

Call me a moron or a loser if you like I just consider the source then take comfort in knowing the truth of things, as I believe they are. Good day.

Nope, It was your post that went Alcoa and off topic!

"The Halls game should be a good one and the Rebels need it to get the intensity going. Halls could win but I would lay a paycheck that the rebels will still win the region and be waiting in the play-offs for a re-match. GQ and company will get it going. In 2000 GQ's team went 0-4 and many were laughing at the Rebels until the first week in Dec. when a team from Memphis East was going to destroy the rebels, but that game was never close.

Some might point to Alcoa as being some type of equal, but that is silly as well. 2A other than Good pasture and Alcoa is a cake walk these days. Alcoa gets tuition students just as Maryville does and many of the D1 prospects transferred in from Knoxville. The vast majority have not even been able to qualify academically to play D1, but they got a championship at 2A! I don't know of any D1 kid from Maryville that could not qualify academically for D1. Maybe there are a few, but Alcoa has had far more D1 Prospects than MHS has. Ether transfer or home grown. Thus far BW is the only one who has impacted his D1 team and we still don’t know if he will be cleared by the NCAA to play for the Vols. There is little to no competition in 2A and even if Alcoa should win this year, they are no where close to the stature or class of Maryville Football. When was the last time Alcoa lost or won by less than 3 points to a 2A team? Maryville has had several close games to prove their metal vs. 5a and 4A. Most years the Rebels embarrass Alcoa. Losing is not embarrassing but getting thrashed when the press, internet and fans build their team up only to leave the home stands early with mouths hanging open. If Alcoa should beat Maryville by 30 points this year you won't see the MHS fans going home early. Most years you can't get a seat for this game until the end of the 2nd QTR on the Alcoa side. I think the over-all record is something like 54-21.

I once pulled for Alcoa. My sons had friends over there and lined up against several of them for some real slobber knockers, but when Reid went over and beat another HS team of kids by something like 85 points mainly just to run his numbers up, I lost all of my respect for the program. I saw players with no class act like a bunch of punks taunting, pointing and talking trash while most of their fans cheered those thugs on like they did something. I am sorry for being hard but I don't apologies for how I feel about how the game should be played and how kids should act when they have been blessed to represent their community by playing a sport. Winning is great but having class in winning or losing is bigger than any trophy.

I also think Coach Rankin, a great coach and fine man has brought more class and discipline to the program but lets see it the 29th. On the field and in the stands. Because by all hype again this year Alcoa should beat Maryville and then promote the thought they are the best in all classes. But winning in East TN 2A is nothing like winning in East TN 3A, 4A or 5A because there is a great deal of parity and competition at those levels. Heck I think there are tighter games at 1A as well. I base this on win loss records and point spreads. "

How would you like someone calling your son a Punk and a thug? Your are the most classless poster I have EVER seen on this site. Period.

Soundz like a guod perdickshun DA.....If 'un Fay tha storm orr Fay tha big arnge porty potty iz dumped on Hauls feeled.....Hauls could win bye moore than tha 6 orr 7 td's eye perdicked earlier.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Starz Heard through the Grapevine storm already hit Hauls field it started raining last week and has not stopped. Its a funny thing No rain in August for entire state but in Hauls. I was told that 20 orange fays line the track and being emptied daily however they were just brought in to have enough BR for our beloved Maryville Caravan. All we need now is the rain and the sprinklers to start Thursday morning. Should be as thick as momma Starz Gravy!

Not sure if I agree with your math. No 60-0 team, No Dynasty, No Golden RINGSSSSSSS, No Rivals listing, No ESPN or USA Today listings. I would have to say Maryville is the best in the STATE and you have the hardware to back it up. At Hauls we are just trying to find enough people that want to play ball so that they can just lose to Maryville each year and pull for ya at the Boro.

If you dont mind you think you could talk to GQ and get him to leave some of our BOYZ some Nike shoz after the game.

I dunno BC, I've yet to see a kid under the age of 17 in and around the Hall Community that didn't look like an absolute total athlete.

As for the game itself this week......

The one interesting point that has been brought up is the one versus multi-dimensional offensive attack.

If I recall correctly, most Halls fans were talking about the lack of a passing attack nearly all season last year. All I know is that they brough their A-game to Maryville last year and were able to throw the ball quite well. I truthfully do not know if they were able to another game or not, but they were able to stretch the field and open up the run game. Had the passing game not been there, Maryville would have won that game 20+ points and everyone knows it.

That said, if they are able to throw the ball well again this year and loosen up the Maryville D, Halls has a good chance to win this game. If they cannot and make it a one dimensional running game, the only way Halls has a chance is by Maryville beating themselves. That has not happened may times at all under a GQ-coached team.

Halls lost their most prolific receiver last year and so they must find a good go to guy this year. Unfortunately, receivers just don't grow on trees at Halls not like runningbacks.

The two touchdowns Dayton scored against Maryville were unbelievable and supercharged the game I can't see that happening this year. But I can see a close game and Halls can win just running the football.

Maryville doesn't seem like they can complete a pass. Quarterback gets too much pressure, or makes a bad throw, or the receiver just drops it. A lot of things in the passing game need to be corrected.

They should be able to run the ball, if the line blocks. Got a lot of smaller, fast, shifty runners. Would love to have a bigger back to counter the smaller ones, but just don't have that luxury.

Maryville's defense has gotten a lot of turnovers in scrimmages. Not sure if this is due to it being a scrimmage or if they just anticipate passes well. If Halls is forced to throw then you might see some Pick 6s for Maryville. This might be the only way Maryville wins.

Not sure how big Halls is, but Maryville has some pretty big kids. If Maryville tackles well then the defensive line can be successful. Its very hard to hold back Smitty and crew.

I think it really comes down to which team wants it more. Does Maryville want to make it 61 in a row or does Halls want to stop it at 60? Who wants it more and who is willing to step up and take the W? This game has me nervous, but then again most the games that have me nervous have seen Maryville win big time (its the ones I relax in that we do poorly...). Still, I think our team is having a down year. I am just not sure how much of a down year it really is.

He didn't call anyone a punk or thug. He said they were "acting" like one. Huge difference....at least for me. You're the one who is name calling.

their fans cheered those thugs on like they did something.

ummm yes sir OldRebel2, he called them thugs right there. By saying their fans cheered on those "thugs" on like they did something............ So yes he did call them thugs, and yes I'm for Alcoa, I'm on this thread because like most I want to see whats being said about the upcoming Halls/Maryville game no other reason (at least for me). So with that said, I'm out of here................

Have only seen Halls from what was on the news about them. They have alot of experience coming back. Did, however, go to the jamboree last Friday. This is a much smaller Maryville team than I have seen in many years. The Linebackers are quick, but don't look to have the stopping power of last year's linebacking corp. Surprisingly, Seymour was able to gain yardage up the middle a couple of times in their first offensive series. I look for GQ and the boys to right the ship pretty quickly. Good luck mighty REBS!