Maryville vs Halls

RebFan101

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"As for the game, I would say Maryville will win the game, Because of a talented coaching staff.. They always find a way to win".

I guess if Halls should win it would mean the halls players are better then? GQ is the man no question but having the tools to do a job never hurts. maryville has the tools to beat halls soundly. Someone above said halls 28 MHS 21. Halls won't score 28 vs. This Defence IMHO. Just watch.

GQ drives a "FERRARI" with one hellva pit crew to keep it from running out of gas! No program goes 60-0 without both great players and coaches! Good coaches (GQ) win with good players. Average coaches win some with good players. Obviously theres nothing average about maryville football! Did Halls return alot of players from last year and who host the game?

Halls just got taken out to the woodshed tonight by DB.

- After the first four series the score was 28-0. What's worse is DB had 250+ yards of offense in those four series, while Halls had -6.

-The good news is it could have been worse, the one time we held them was due to a holding call that brought the ball back fron inside the 20. Should have been 35-0. (DB scored on our offense)

- Although we had trouble moving the ball on DB's 1st and 2nd teams, we finally connected on a TD pass against their 3rd string.

- Does anyone question why I said Maryville wolud have no trouble with Halls now?

- I will make my prediction now, Maryville beats Halls by as many as they want to. It won't be by 100 because GQ has too much class, but it could be if he wanted to.

Maryville's 1st Team D dominated Oak Ridge's Offense. OR got something round 1 or 2 first downs in 30 plays. Maryville's O could use a little work though, but I'm sure GQ and co will have them ship shape come the 22nd. He didn't schedule OR, Farragut, and DB scrimmages for spits and giggles.

Maryville's 1st Team D dominated Oak Ridge's Offense. OR got something round 1 or 2 first downs in 30 plays.

Remember, one of those two first downs was after OR had a procedure penalty, refs did NOT mark off the yardage, and on the next play OR got about 6 yds for the first down. That was on a fourth down play. Play continued 'cause each team was getting ~10 plays per scrimmage.

JET

Remember, one of those two first downs was after OR had a procedure penalty, refs did NOT mark off the yardage, and on the next play OR got about 6 yds for the first down. That was on a fourth down play. Play continued 'cause each team was getting ~10 plays per scrimmage.

JET

Hey guys,

Maryville is the best HS team I have ever seen in the last 20 years. Look for another repeat this year.

I did not go to the scrimmage but from what I've been told, most of the mistakes were mental errors and NOT the result of kids being out of shape, too weak, or too slow. Thank goodness!

I will be at practice today and the scrimmage tomorrow against Catholic.

I have a feeling the problems will be fixed in time to give Maryville a run for their money and I'm especially glad we got the wake up call when we did.

IMO, DB manhandling us last Friday didn't mean much more than our shutting them out in the spring.

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Boy.....THIS sounds like an exciting matchup.......wonder who the winner will be...... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The question is.... will Maryville dress out or not for the game.....sounds like some JV experience time for Maryville to me.

On another note......since I saw the "Reasons Why to Hate Maryville" article and I now know Maryville makes $40K+ on the Alcoa game.........how about a game against Prattville or Cincy Moeller? That old statement you guys made about no money in the past doesn't add up. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />