Maryville vs Halls

RebFan101

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One last post then it's time for me to move on -

Should've, could've, would've, might've - Consider this:

- after 1st Int. we got a first down, then - 1st down we had a HUGE hole to the right that was not seen, RB danced back to the left for no gain. 2nd down got nine (I thought spot was poor), third down missed one block while we had another big hole(credit Mville defender) - no points

- after 2nd Int. we had got it to first and ten at the 14 yd line - 1st down FB (Burton) for 5, 2nd down was to FB again (HUGE hole), but fumbled snap and ball never got in his hands. 3rd down complete pass leaves us 2 or 3 yards short missed FG from the 7.

- at this point we had 152 yards of total offense, MVille had 157 (including 40+ yards on trick play TD - beautifully executed)

- after that : Maryville 80 yard TD march, converting on several big 3rd down play. (I thought #20's second effort on third down at about the twenty was the play of the game - great effort) Score Mville 14 Halls 7.

- After the bounce off our DB (#4) was caught for a 55 yard gain, our sails had no wind. No way ball would have been caught without the high tip. (#4 was also our starting QB)

In short, after we fumbled on the snap that might've scored a TD (Again, look at tape - big hole) - Halls total offense (-2 yards), Mville +205. That my friends is why they are the champs. Good luck to Mville the rest of the way. Sorry we couldn't give you more of a game.

no not that guy that is coach webster the new ad, he was doin his job....but the guy i am talkin about is the reserved seating for the people who have to buy a card or somethin...he harrassed anybody that came within two rows of it.

I sat near the gate to the "Devils Den" & I did not hear any harrassing.

The "gate keeper" has a thankless job to do.

He did "his job" & he did it well.

The Devils Den is a reseved seating section that Halls patrons pay extra for.

This money goes to support the team.

Why should the booster club let in dead-beats when others did pay & do support the team.

Pay your $, like other Devils Den patrons if you want a reseved seat.

HB76

Yep, think so, jonesy. Everything he said is true and you are challenged (in more ways than one) to dispute anything he said. Well, I'm waiting.... Tick tock.... Que theme to Jeopardy.... Buzzer sounds.... Didn't think so.... You slink away in abject failure.

Jonsey dis...he was referring to the reasons why Halls would win and they did not...you really put me in my place didn't you?

I agree with you that guy was power hungry he finally gave up and left .Why did they try to keep the maryville fans off the field it `s not like their going to hurt the field that is how we show our support after the game we let the visitors on the field so I see no problem with it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

consider the source

Halls played a great 9 min. their big guys were done late in the fourth and everytime they were on the ropes there was a tv time out to give them some rest. TYLER TURNER is their bread and butter at qb , Coach J is nuts for playing him both ways. Maryville sputtered on offense but what Isaw in the 2nd half was jellin' and growin' this REBEL TEAM maybe vulnerable in spots , we usually are somewhere, but this will be fixed. Leaders were born friday night much confidence was gained , the REBEL TEAM to be seen hereafter will be nothing like what was seen early on. All teams are different and some find themselves early and some late. GO REBELS!!!!!

Halls played a great 9 min. their big guys were done late in the fourth and everytime they were on the ropes there was a tv time out to give them some rest. TYLER TURNER is their bread and butter at qb , Coach J is nuts for playing him both ways. Maryville sputtered on offense but what Isaw in the 2nd half was jellin' and growin' this REBEL TEAM maybe vulnerable in spots , we usually are somewhere, but this will be fixed. Leaders were born friday night much confidence was gained , the REBEL TEAM to be seen hereafter will be nothing like what was seen early on. All teams are different and some find themselves early and some late. GO REBELS!!!!!

Like i said earlier the Rebels go down and go down hard this friday to Alcoa! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Like i said earlier the Rebels go down and go down hard this friday to Alcoa! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

could be ... but it will not be by you out of breath , hands on your hips in 8min devils now will it. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

good game to both teams, hope to a speedy recovery for tyler.

p.s. who ever that is at the gate to the "red devil zone" or whatever it is called needs to get off his high horse and realize that he has no reason to be on a power trip and needs to start respecting people.

There was NO power trip.

Have you ever volunteered to work that entrance and insist that people pay for their access? Do you realize how many folks think they are "entitled" to make an excuse and waltz their way into an area other poeple pay to sit in? No one wants yhat job, but I did it because I was asked to do it. You confuse being on a "power trip" with doing your (volunteer job) with a sense of humor.

By the way, this volunteering was after having volunteered since 2:00 pm that same day doing anything and everything that was needed to include mopping the floors in the concession stand and taking out garbage; after having stayed late the two nights before painting the end zones. Going to Carson Newman tomorrow to pick up lockers for the boys. What have you done lately?

You're welocme to do that same job at the next home game. In fact, you're welocme to come to the stadium club meeting and volunteer, since you obviously know how to improve things.

You're welcome to join us at any or all of the above activities.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Next!

I agree with you that guy was power hungry he finally gave up and left .Why did they try to keep the maryville fans off the field it `s not like their going to hurt the field that is how we show our support after the game we let the visitors on the field so I see no problem with it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That guy was me. Bill Steinke. I'd be glad to discuss this with you face to face at the next game. I was not on any kind of power trip. I was asked to do that job. A job NOBODY wants to do, and did it. I did not give up, fella. I was told to do that job until the middle of the thord quarter, then go and watch my two sons play.

You are also invited to do the same job at the next home game.

Again, no power trip.