Bowl Games

rollredroll

Here are the Lipscomb results noted from the Mustangfanpage.

1970 Lions Bowl (Watertown) White House 24 Lipscomb 13

1974 Lions Bowl (Watertown) Celina 26 Lipscomb 20

1975 Bear Booster Bowl (Mt. Juliet) Lipscomb 38 Hohenwald 14

1980 Boyce Smith Bowl (Springfield?) Lipscomb 14 Celina 13

1982 Lions Bowl (?) Trousdale County 8 Lipscomb 7

1983 Industrial Bowl (?) Lipscomb 24 Macon County 0

1984 Butter Bowl (?) Lipscomb 33 FRA 13

1989 Civitan Bowl (?) Lipscomb 10 Union City 0

1992 Walking Horse Bowl (Shelbyville?) Grundy County 17 Lipscomb 0

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White House bowl games

1966 Natchez Trace Bowl vs Mt, Pleasant W 14-0

1969 Industrial Bowl vs Carthage L 34-12

1970 Lions Bowl vs David Lipscomb W 22-13

1971 Crockett Bowl vs Spring Hill W 14-6

1974 Blanket Bowl vs Joelton W 21-0

1982 Boyce Smith Bowl vs Montgomery Central W 20-14

White House freshmen played Marshall County freshmen in the Walking Horse Bowl in 2001

How could an MBA man have left out the pre playoff Clinic Bowl? I'll send the scores I have either tonight or tomorrow.

Please send me what you have; I have put the MBA ones up there tonight. Thanks.

Question to anyone: Should the Clinic Bowls at the beginning of the season ('05 - Byrnes/MBA, '06 - Lipscomb/Goodpasture, '07 - Franklin/Hillsboro) count? Yes, they are Clinic Bowls, but there's something about their occurring at the beginning of the season that makes me unsure as to whether or not they should be included.

154 bowl games are currently listed. Thanks to everyone for their submissions, either on this site or by e-mail.

I know there are many more out there.

I remember going to one in West Tennessee in 1993. I went with a teacher from Davidson Academy, and I believe it was at Trenton (maybe against Peabody?). Anyone know about that one?

The one and only St. Mary's Classic Bowl was held on Nov. 16, 1991 at Fulton High School in Knoxville. Claiborne Co. defeated Wartburg Central in the game 26-7. It was hoped that Fulton would play in the game, but they finished their 9 game schedule at 5-4, 1 win shy of Bowl eligibility. An effort was made to have the game in 1992, but 2 teams could not be found.

Another note...

The Knoxville Optimist Bowl was East Tennessee's premier bowl game in the 50s and 60s. The game replaced the traditional matchup between Knoxville High and Central on Thanksgiving afternoon at Evans-Collins field. The Optimist Bowl pitted the KIL champion against the top team from East Tennessee.

Please send me what you have; I have put the MBA ones up there tonight. Thanks.

Question to anyone: Should the Clinic Bowls at the beginning of the season ('05 - Byrnes/MBA, '06 - Lipscomb/Goodpasture, '07 - Franklin/Hillsboro) count? Yes, they are Clinic Bowls, but there's something about their occurring at the beginning of the season that makes me unsure as to whether or not they should be included.

Clinic Bowl

'67 MBA 20 Stratford 0

'68 MBA 35 Gallatin 7

'69 Pearl 6 Maplewood 0 (May have been 7)

'70 MBA 26 Two Rivers 3