Preseason Coaches Polls: 1A-2A-3A

Smith Co. is a very quality football program. Maynord & Co. do a great job over there. Murphy Fair does have Carthage ties but there's no doubt that the Owls don't need his approval to be considered among the elite in 2A.

Swenson turned Hickman Co. into a very good football team. They were horrible before he came to Centerville and installed some excitement into the fall sport at HCHS. Hopefully that will continue for the Bulldogs for the years to come. The toll of East Hickman coming into existance is eventually going to play an impact.

Hickman Co. vs Smith Co. would be a very entertaining matchup this season. It will never happen but it would be a nice matchup of quality 2A teams nonetheless. I don't think either side would just beat up on the other in a game that would be a "blowout". It would be a tight battle that went to the wire IMO.

What turned Hickman County into a good football team was being able to split into two schools and keep all the athletes that made up a 4A school in the same 2A school. They have one more year til they are a mediocre 2A team, or since they are realigning 3A.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCA looked terrible in the spring. They are not a top 10 team right now.

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

DCA always looks bad in the spring!!! As far as knowing where Hickman County is??? Who cares!!! Need to change the name to Hickman County Hicks!!! LOL

What turned Hickman County into a good football team was being able to split into two schools and keep all the athletes that made up a 4A school in the same 2A school. They have one more year til they are a mediocre 2A team, or since they are realigning 3A.

Funny, I remember being on here last year at this time and if I'm not mistaken they were picked to finish third in that region with those mighty 4A athletes they had. Murphy hit it on the head. They lost half their team to east, now they kept a few junior who wanted to stay and finish it out at centerville (who wouldn't) but last year at this time there weren't many people giving them a chinamans chance in heiti's of being a good 2A team. MY MY MY....how things change. I don't think most people know what that program went through and those that do would certainly tell you those kids came a long way. They were so bad they couldn't beat a mediocre 2A team when they were 4A. Don't try to undermine what those young men have achieved. You have no idea about that situation.

GP, Rockwood, Loudon, Humboldt, and Sweetwater are all teams that Hickman could beat any day of the week.

I wonder how much do you know about these teams? You also say could beat, just about all teams could and will get beat. I'm not saying Hickman won't finish in the top 15 this year, maybe even top ten. I don't know much about them this year, yet. Do you know about these teams that Hickman could beat any day of the week? Haven't looked at GP yet, but in Sweetwater,Loudon, Rockwood, in addition to you probably not being real familar with these teams, they come from the strongest region in 2a for much of the last 15 years.

It's to early, it will all playout in the wash. If Hickman deserves it they will be there. It's alot more fun and rewarding anyways, if you earn it and prove people wrong at the sametime!

Ask Alcoa who scored the most points against them in the playoffs last year. Gatlinburg Pittman can play ball, should be in Top 10.

Ask Alcoa who scored the most points against them in the playoffs last year. Gatlinburg Pittman can play ball, should be in Top 10.

There was just that little problem of giving up 59 points...though. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> How many of those

points were scored on their starters?

You have absolutely NO CLUE what your talking about!!! LOL Hickman County plays nobodys in the season anyways!!! You come and play in our region or even on this side of Nashville and you my be able to see what competitive football looks like!!! York returns 95% of there starters that went undefeated last year in regular season. Smith County is always in the top 10 of 2A and even 3A for a few years. And wasn't it Lewis County that beat Hickman in the season last year. Yeah Yeah Yeah I know you beat them in the playoffs. But they still beat you also!!! Your right about Hickman not being in the same league as the Yorks and Smith Countys, Hickman is in a lower league!!! Go Bulldogs!!! LOL Yeah Right!!!

It's been a while since i've said this but glover you are absolutely right