Best RB/FB in Blount Co.

Tom142

ML,

Is the older McCoy kid completely out of the picture as far as rb is concerned? He's awfully fast too.

In my opinion Cody McCoy is at the right spot. He is one heck of an outside linebacker. No one will get outside on Maryville with him in the lineup. McCoy is a 4.5 guy. McCoy is pound for pound the toughest kid on that team.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have heard the same about cermack. i also have a feeling that this year yall just might be under estimating heritage. from what i saw at the big man challenge of champions at powell they have quite the good offensive line for the first time since 2000. my pick is cermack leading rusher in the county

I hear cermack has gotten offers from vandy and georgia. anyone know anything bout any of the other rb's in the county

I do believe Cermack is a sophmore this season and players can not be offered until september 1st of their junior year, so no cermack has not been offered by Georgia or Vanderbilt. He probably would not feel comfortable at UGA any way, they win games and that would be very hard for him to adjust to.

Garner will lead the county in rushing this season based soley on quantity of carries, last year I believe he had double the carries of Hodge at Alcoa. Toney will lead the county in YPC and TD's but I do see Darrel Waren being a solid red zone threat for the Tornadoes. Cermack will touch the ball on 75% of heritages snaps due to this he will be the third leading rusher. Maryville's backs due to split carries will be 4th and 5th in rushing but Im not sure who will lead the Rebels.

Cermak will be a junior this upcoming year. and yeah it might be different for him. but being on the other side of things isn't neccesarily a bad thing. I mean atleast when he gets to college he knows how to fight through the tough times and to never give up. Unlike some players who go through there prep years without losing a game. there's no telling how they would react to losing. It also means he's probably level headed . unlike tyler maples who went into UT with a big head. But from what i hear the vols showed him his place on the totem pole.

yea cermak is a junior at heritage this year, and whether he has been offered a scholarship or not he is being recruited. i do agree the rockytopzack that being at heritage has tought him to fight through adversity. which would help him earn at starting spot at a university, and lets not forget he is just as good on defense if not better than he is on the offensive side of the ball.

Cermak will be a junior this upcoming year. and yeah it might be different for him. but being on the other side of things isn't neccesarily a bad thing. I mean atleast when he gets to college he knows how to fight through the tough times and to never give up. Unlike some players who go through there prep years without losing a game. there's no telling how they would react to losing. It also means he's probably level headed . unlike tyler maples who went into UT with a big head. But from what i hear the vols showed him his place on the totem pole.

Thay's gettin' a awfull lot of practuss fightin' thru tha tuff times at Hairatige......Sumtimes peeull jest git used two losin' .....

yea but lets look at losing streaks on a bigger level. in the 80's LSU couldnt pay to win a game. since they are 2 time national champs and a power house in D-1. now back to high school. heritage has had 3 or 4 mediocore seasons. since the 80's. dont you think its there turn. to turn everything around

yea but lets look at losing streaks on a bigger level. in the 80's LSU couldnt pay to win a game. since they are 2 time national champs and a power house in D-1. now back to high school. heritage has had 3 or 4 mediocore seasons. since the 80's. dont you think its there turn. to turn everything around

uuuhhh no

i have heard the same about cermack. i also have a feeling that this year yall just might be under estimating heritage. from what i saw at the big man challenge of champions at powell they have quite the good offensive line for the first time since 2000. my pick is cermack leading rusher in the county

There is no record of UGA even recruiting Cermak much less giving him an offer. Hes not listed as one of the guys georgia is even contacting. While I dont doubt that Cermak is a fine player and will have a good season for heritage, the day Mark Richt has to come to Heritage to get a RB is the day UGA is no longer competing for an SEC title.

There is no record of UGA even recruiting Cermak much less giving him an offer. Hes not listed as one of the guys georgia is even contacting. While I dont doubt that Cermak is a fine player and will have a good season for heritage, the day Mark Richt has to come to Heritage to get a RB is the day UGA is no longer competing for an SEC title.

well i was never sure about uga thing, but i do know for a fact cermak has made a couple trips out to nashville for vists to vandy's campus. along with camps and he was invited to some kind of event that they hold for the top TN prospects. not sure what it is though