Class 5A: Region 7 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2008?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2008?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth I would look at the Region this way preseason

1. Millington

2. Bartlett

3. Ridgeway

4. Bolton

5. Central

6. Cordova

7. Craigmont

8. Arlington

9. Overton

That looks like a pretty good preseason pick. Im just not real sure with ridgeway. With everything going on over there, there is an awful lot of distractions.

That looks like a pretty good preseason pick. Im just not real sure with ridgeway. With everything going on over there, there is an awful lot of distractions.

You are right about Distractions and Ridgeway. But, I think based on returning talent combined with an obvious step up in coaching makes Ridgeway a playoff team. Joe Lee Dunn did a diservice to those kids at Ridgeway last year. His team was the least prepared team on a weekly basis. Sad really. He had no intention of being there long term.

If the distractions aT Ridgeway are too much, Don't be too surprised if Central makes a real run at making the playoffs. I was as impressed with their skill guys as team that Millington played in the regular season last year. They are getting better year by year under the current coaching staff.

For what it's worth I would look at the Region this way preseason

1. Millington

2. Bartlett

3. Ridgeway

4. Bolton

5. Central

6. Cordova

7. Craigmont

8. Arlington

9. Overton

I heard Craigmont looked good in a scrimmage against Fairley and heard they also beat White Station 3 to 1. They could be a darkhorse for one of those spots also.

I heard Craigmont looked good in a scrimmage against Fairley and heard they also beat White Station 3 to 1. They could be a darkhorse for one of those spots also.

I have heard the same about Craigmont. They have had the benefit of a couple of transfers that should help their program. I think that It could be very competitive for the 4th playoff spot in the district. The only team that I would consider a HUGE longshot to make the playoffs would be OVERTON.

On a seperate note:

Who is the PRE-SEASON Player of the Year in 7-5A??

I have a feeling that Craigmont will surprise a few folks and make a run at the final playoff spot. The OL has improved every week, and the depth at RB is absolutely insane. Not just a bunch of RB's, solid RB's. But the anchor for this team may be the defense. An outstanding defensive line to go with a ball-hawking senior safety in Jeremy Turner may be what carries this team. I think this is how the playoffs turn out:

1. Millington - Until someone takes them out, theyve still gotta be the favorite.

2. Bartlett - A well-coached team with alot of good talent.

3. Bolton - They seem to be in it every year, minus last year with the player situation.

4. Craigmont - I really believe this team can take the last playoff spot. A much better team than last year's squad. Last year had tons of athletes, but team chemistry was very low. This year is much different. The chemistry of this team is incredible.

5. Cordova - They could jump Craigmont for #4 if the cards fall right.

6. Central - They may catch a few teams by surprise this year, much like they did to Craigmont at the end of last year.

7. Ridgeway - I'm not buying into them being competitive. They escaped with alot of games last year that they probably should have lost.

8. Arlington - Though they made the playoffs last year, they lost ALOT of players and lost a coach or two. Very undersized team for 5A.

9. Overton - What is there to say about Overton? They just have not shown any signs of life in a while.

I have heard the same about Craigmont. They have had the benefit of a couple of transfers that should help their program. I think that It could be very competitive for the 4th playoff spot in the district. The only team that I would consider a HUGE longshot to make the playoffs would be OVERTON.

On a seperate note:

Who is the PRE-SEASON Player of the Year in 7-5A??

Keenan Madden RB Bartlett