Class 5A: Region 7 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2008?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2008?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked with the head coach at Craigmont and he said that all players that tranferred in from other schools are completely eligible with the proper addresses and are currently enrolled in school. Looks like no repeat of what happened to Bolton last year.

It really depends on if the School they transferred from wants to make any noise. I don't think they will but it would intresting if they did because we would find out how good their new addresses are. Craigtmont will probably not get any dispute from the school they come from but it is a thin line to walk when taking transfers. Coaching staffs must be careful to check the status of transfers when putting them on the field especially if they transfer from a school on their schedule.

I have been assured by the head coach that ALL players that have transferred in are 100% eligible and have legitamate addresses. I don't expect this to be an issue at all this year. Back to the football side of things, I do think after solid scrimmage performances that Craigmont may compete for a playoff spot. They return all but one of their off. lineman from last year, and the replacement is a beast at 6'3" and 285. Also having a stout RB and one of the area's best WR doesn't hurt. But as I have said before, the defense will anchor this team this season.

I have been assured by the head coach that ALL players that have transferred in are 100% eligible and have legitamate addresses. I don't expect this to be an issue at all this year. Back to the football side of things, I do think after solid scrimmage performances that Craigmont may compete for a playoff spot. They return all but one of their off. lineman from last year, and the replacement is a beast at 6'3" and 285. Also having a stout RB and one of the area's best WR doesn't hurt. But as I have said before, the defense will anchor this team this season.

I hope Criagmont can field a solid team and be competitive this year in all their games, 7-5A needs another team to jump into the mix an be competitive. It is always said that 7-5A is a one or two team league and that 8-5A has all the top teams so i hope Craigmont steps up this year. Good Luck. I know Coach Welch and he was sure that his players were eligible as he went into the season. Players that want to play but are not able to at one school become desparate and do desparate things to get themsleves back on the field. I would hate to see the same fate happen to Craigmont that happened to Bolton last year. There are reasons for those kids leaving where they were and those reason should not be overlooked. The bolton kid had a valid address on paper but where did he really live?

Don't let your Craigmont Seniors experience the same fate as Boton's seniors to have a great season stripped from them. Simply want to inform and not see a repeat of last year.

Good Luck Chiefs and see ya early in the season

I hope Criagmont can field a solid team and be competitive this year in all their games, 7-5A needs another team to jump into the mix an be competitive. It is always said that 7-5A is a one or two team league and that 8-5A has all the top teams so i hope Craigmont steps up this year. Good Luck. I know Coach Welch and he was sure that his players were eligible as he went into the season. Players that want to play but are not able to at one school become desparate and do desparate things to get themsleves back on the field. I would hate to see the same fate happen to Craigmont that happened to Bolton last year. There are reasons for those kids leaving where they were and those reason should not be overlooked. The bolton kid had a valid address on paper but where did he really live?

Don't let your Craigmont Seniors experience the same fate as Boton's seniors to have a great season stripped from them. Simply want to inform and not see a repeat of last year.

Good Luck Chiefs and see ya early in the season

I knew the kid that did that to Bolton and I hate that it happend. He was one of my favorite kids and I never had problems with him. I had spoken to his parents some also and they seemed nice as well. I guess they just wanted their son to go to a better school environment and he went along with it. I am not justifying what they did because I felt very bad for Bolton's kids and I think the TSSAA should have let them play anyway because they really got punished for doing the right thing and turning themselves in which is a shame.

I knew the kid that did that to Bolton and I hate that it happend. He was one of my favorite kids and I never had problems with him. I had spoken to his parents some also and they seemed nice as well. I guess they just wanted their son to go to a better school environment and he went along with it. I am not justifying what they did because I felt very bad for Bolton's kids and I think the TSSAA should have let them play anyway because they really got punished for doing the right thing and turning themselves in which is a shame.

I hate that for Bolton and their players and their should be some changes in the rules to accomdate special situations but you will have plenty of people that will test the system no matter what rules you put into place. Football players should take note from the baseballers that have been moving all over shelby county to play for whatever school they want. They seem to have found the loop hole.

What do you know about Bolton's football team this year? Are they going to be good or what? It is hard to imagine that they would not be competitive considering their recent history in 7-5A.

I have heard the same about Craigmont. They have had the benefit of a couple of transfers that should help their program. I think that It could be very competitive for the 4th playoff spot in the district. The only team that I would consider a HUGE longshot to make the playoffs would be OVERTON.

On a seperate note:

Who is the PRE-SEASON Player of the Year in 7-5A??

Tysean Holmes Millington

I hate that for Bolton and their players and their should be some changes in the rules to accomdate special situations but you will have plenty of people that will test the system no matter what rules you put into place. Football players should take note from the baseballers that have been moving all over shelby county to play for whatever school they want. They seem to have found the loop hole.

What do you know about Bolton's football team this year? Are they going to be good or what? It is hard to imagine that they would not be competitive considering their recent history in 7-5A.

They will still be in the hunt for a playoff berth because they are a pretty sound football that is well coached. Supposedly they are real young with only three returning starters offensively. Young and inexperienced seems to be the norm so far. Bolton, Bartlett and Arlington all are young this year.

I 2nd the nomination for Tysean Holmes. Though Tyrell Garner (Millington) could be in the mix as well.

Rob, if Millington has a good year and finishes high you can bet it will be on the back of these two players.

They should be two of the best offensive players in the Region.