Oneida

goosevol

I wouldn't say cruise, Oneida does have a good team with alot of experience but like you posted Harriman is a very talented squad as is Midway. Any other team on their schedule has the ability to win on any given night. I like Oneida's chances this year but their gonna have to show up every night, ain't nobody gonna give them anything.

Doesn't sound like much has changed from last year, good Def, but still struggling with the Off. The war cry might just be exactly that a cry.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry everyone I'm still not convinced about Oneida. A good coach will be able to tell 75% of the plays as they line up. They did have a very good defense, and that is because of their d-line they are extremely strong and smart and will defianetly keep offenses in check. Clay County was banged up pretty bad at the scrimmage they had atleast two boys not dressed out and two that got hurt during the scrimmage with low numbers it will catch up to them. Now they can defianetly compete with the best in the state but I doubt they would win but I would pay to watch it. Good luck to all three teams who played in the scrimmage. And as for Oneida I hope you prove me wrong.

I'm sorry everyone I'm still not convinced about Oneida. A good coach will be able to tell 75% of the plays as they line up. They did have a very good defense, and that is because of their d-line they are extremely strong and smart and will defianetly keep offenses in check. Clay County was banged up pretty bad at the scrimmage they had atleast two boys not dressed out and two that got hurt during the scrimmage with low numbers it will catch up to them. Now they can defianetly compete with the best in the state but I doubt they would win but I would pay to watch it. Good luck to all three teams who played in the scrimmage. And as for Oneida I hope you prove me wrong.

What you just said is that 3 out of every 4 plays should be a loss of yardage or turnover if a coach is "good" on defense. I'm sorry but i dont know of any team, ever, that can guarantee a loss of yardage or turnover on even an entire drive, let alone one set of ten yards.

I can see your point. The 1st offense comes out and throws an interception! The 2nd offense comes out and fumbles! If this was my only point of reference for the Indians, I would feel the same way as you. Most of the Oneida fans watched this same offense throw up 4 scores in 10 minutes on a decent Oliver Springs team during the spring. The O will be back in Oneida this year.

The biggest problem with Oneida is all the "hype". If Oneida stays focused on what matters they will be very succesful this year! If they loose focus, the Indians could easily loose 6 games this season.

I hate to hear that about Clay Co. Those are some scrapy, hard nosed kids. Not much breathing room in the brutal Reg 4. I hope they can recover and do well.

Just to let you know, Oneida had the brown boy, and the Davis boy out and the Qb Just came back off a knee injury now that's enough with the excuses, It was the first scrimmages for the teams, This why don't we wait till the year is over before we start beating up on 14 thru 17 year old kids. Your about to make me forget my Pride Class and Character, Coach L. teaches this to the kids to bad the Adults have not already learned this lesson

Just to let you know, Oneida had the brown boy, and the Davis boy out and the Qb Just came back off a knee injury now that's enough with the excuses, It was the first scrimmages for the teams, This why don't we wait till the year is over before we start beating up on 14 thru 17 year old kids. Your about to make me forget my Pride Class and Character, Coach L. teaches this to the kids to bad the Adults have not already learned this lesson

Scrimmages...oh yea thats what decides how far you go....As if.

To the "tribe" don't pay attention to this garbage. Do your talking (P C C) on the field.

Cleatless this response is to 4afanatic, def not YOU!!

Doesn't sound like much has changed from last year, good Def, but still struggling with the Off. The war cry might just be exactly that a cry.

Wow, can you believe this guy. Already got it all figured out after the first scrimmage, and a three way at that. Muledog, best of luck to your pirates this year & here's hoping it will be an injury free season for everyone.

I am sorry for jumping to conclusion, but you have the same group of kids and off coordinator, and usually if nothing changes you have the same result. You boys up on that rock need to realize sometimes you got what you got and no amount of wishful thinking is going to give you that super star on off, Big ole farm boys are big ole farm boys, not track stars. You boys we be ok in your region.

I am sorry for jumping to conclusion, but you have the same group of kids and off coordinator, and usually if nothing changes you have the same result. You boys up on that rock need to realize sometimes you got what you got and no amount of wishful thinking is going to give you that super star on off, Big ole farm boys are big ole farm boys, not track stars. You boys we be ok in your region.

finally someone gets it . I agree with muledog. Oneida seems to do a hole lot of braging about nothing. Oneida has a medium tallented team at best. oneida will do good to make the playoffs this year. I havent seen them play but from what I here same old team same old story about what could have been. If you think livingston and clay county put it on you, wait and see what coalfield does. the sting only hurts for a little while!!!!!!!!

Now they will do very well in their region and will probably get 1st or second seed but they're not going to come close to a championship. I promise you all. Now this is just my opinion that's what coacht is all about so don't everyone call me an idiot and jump down my throat again for my opinion. I'll respect yours/ you respect mine.

Now they will do very well in their region and will probably get 1st or second seed but they're not going to come close to a championship. I promise you all. Now this is just my opinion that's what coacht is all about so don't everyone call me an idiot and jump down my throat again for my opinion. I'll respect yours/ you respect mine.

Nothing wrong with a good healthy debate or a difference of opinion.

Please let everyone in Watertown know that Oneida is just a big ole Orange and White cupcake! Nothing to be worried about.