ensworth

overseascoach

It appears that since someone gave some factual information that this thread has become very quiet. Yeah I'd say that the ones saying "prove it" have the proof because they have shut up. Good luck to the kid.

I'm not really sure how providing every identifying detail about this young man's difficult life except his name proves any allegation; I can't imagine having all of this placed on a public board does him any good at all.

If you think you have evidence, take it to the TSSAA. If you have further replies to me, send them to my email.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole story reminds me somewhat of Michael Oher, who played for Briarcrest and is now at Ole Miss, and a 1st team pre season All-America.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/24/magazine...?pagewanted=all

Makes you really stop and think about the whole issue in a different light.

Great articles--I see very few similarities--except the size and speed of the athlete. I guess maybe you feel that our "athlete in question" needed to be saved from poverty and the streets. He is a great kid--few problems--smart--backed by a tight community--was flourishing. Maybe we just feel he's being exploited--I think the point is --would Ensworth have been interested in him were he not of such great size and ability. I truly hope he does well--I know what an education from Ensworth is worth--I wish him the best

Great articles--I see very few similarities--except the size and speed of the athlete. I guess maybe you feel that our "athlete in question" needed to be saved from poverty and the streets. He is a great kid--few problems--smart--backed by a tight community--was flourishing. Maybe we just feel he's being exploited--I think the point is --would Ensworth have been interested in him were he not of such great size and ability. I truly hope he does well--I know what an education from Ensworth is worth--I wish him the best

Yeah...I understand the situations are different. Just the story about not having a family around reminded me a little of the Oher deal. My real point is that there are times when being "recruited" to a school, or taken care of in a manner that may not be 100% according to TSSAA rules may be in the best interest of the kid. It's just something interesting to think about. Not everything is always black and white.

I too wish the young man well.

that is a great question - would ensworh be interested in him were he not of such great size and ability.... Would Ensworth do this if he was the captain of the "glee club"??? Look i am happy for the kid and wish him the best but....................

that is a great question - would ensworh be interested in him were he not of such great size and ability.... Would Ensworth do this if he was the captain of the "glee club"??? Look i am happy for the kid and wish him the best but....................

Actually, Ensworth would be interested if he was captain of the glee club as would MBA. Both Ensworth and MBA look for well rounded students.