Oakland Football 2008

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to a BA parent on Saturday and they had 2 Offensive players who were on vacation and 4 defensive players that were out. Great job Oakland, but BA was down some players. I would love to see you all play them when the entire team is there. Great job on the win anyway. The BA parent said their entire team was shocked!

There were several starters not participating. However, the main thing that we talked about was the Oakland intensity level being much stronger than ours and great Oakland execution and poor BA execution. We went through the motions and Oakland played like a hungry team that wanted to win. If BA wanted a chance to beat Oakland, even with the missing players, they would have to step it up several notches. I think Oakland is heading for a great year.

Great analysis, USA1. I think you hit the nail on the head. We are hungry and eager to prove ourselves. BA expected to come in and roll all over us doing half-speed, and got shocked. A great lesson for both teams if you ask me. Us, we can play with anyone. BA- you have to play 100% every game.

I do agree, and not to take anything away from Oakland, but BA was missing some starters, and just finished 2 weeks of very physical 2-a-days... hats off to Oakland for the way they played

I bought my first Oakland t-shirt at the BA scrimmage. It really looks strange hanging in the closet with all the Riverdale ones.

Biggest weak spot i saw at the scrimmage was punting (for BA as well), other than that i thought the Patriots were VERY impressive.

I think its time for a major wardrobe change, as well as a new name for ya /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I bought my first Oakland t-shirt at the BA scrimmage. It really looks strange hanging in the closet with all the Riverdale ones.

Biggest weak spot i saw at the scrimmage was punting (for BA as well), other than that i thought the Patriots were VERY impressive.

Simple cure for that is score a TD EVERY time and you don't have to worry about punting!

I also have a LARGE wardrobe that is taking up space in a box that is going to the attic. Going to hang on to the hoodies though as they USED to come in handy in December. Hopefully they will again SOMEDAY! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

hahahahah....sounds great to me, man. Maybe I will hook you up with some of mine. I have tons of shirts, hats and sweatshirts. But you can't have any of my state champ gear. Of course you have some of that yourself anyway.

I heard that the one lined down against McAdoo was the Notre Dame prospect. Anyway, I agree that the weak point is a punter. Any thoughts?

I think the 1 problem I have with the formats throughout these scrimmages is that Oakland really never works on their kicking. Yes, its a small part of the game, but chances are Oakland is going to be in alot of close games this year where field positions is going to be a very crucial part of the game. From what I can tell, the Placekicking has been pretty good, but the punting is far from reliable. If Oakland can shore up weakness in that area and give the defense more field to work with, it will def help keep the score down.