Oakland Football 2008

Word I have is he goes to Dr. Johns on Monday for x-rays, but he thinks it's just a sprain. Should be able to go Friday I think, but it's a non region game so who knows they might hold him out if it's questionable.

Thought it was a sprain from the way they were treating him, but I wasnt completely sure. Honestly, I feel pretty comfortable with Christian running things, no need to rush him back

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fantastic game. I am so upset that I could not be there. I'm working out of the country for most of football season, and am already missing it. Thanks to WGNS for the internet broadcast, so at least I got to hear about it real time. Now someone convince them to cover more Oakland games and I'll be all set.

It's only one game, but it sets a higher expectation. I'm sure there will be a lot of talk about how Riverdal beat themselves with the turnovers, but it goes right back to Coah McDaniel's statement in the paper earlier this week, paraphrased, "We won't do anything fancy, but we will do the basics well." They did the basics well, including blocking, tackling and taking care of the ball.

Now I just need to figure out if Coffee county has a radio broadcast that is on the net for next Friday.

Tchau, Tchau from Brazil.

You can listen at www.fantasyeadio.com

its good to hear you say that because thats really what they are..........a team... not a group of individuals who worry about themselves instead of the goal at hand.....they all play for each other and play to win.....everyone believes in the person right next to them and that is the most important and impressive part.......the past few years ppl didnt believe in each other or who they were playing for......now everyone has the same mindset and cares for one another......ive been around those guys and they really are a family now.....its been preached for years now its come to formality

playing as a TEAM has been how RIVERDALE has done all their winning we have had a few good back and lineman but mostly playing together as a UNIT...

I wonder what is up with that i understand time with family but his timing is VERY surprising to me one month into the year and all of a sudden he resigns?..there is more to it than meets the eye isnt it

Maybe. I am sure he has his reasons, I dont think there is any reason for him to be forced out at Oakland............

Maybe. I am sure he has his reasons, I dont think there is any reason for him to be forced out at Oakland............

I wasnt meaning him being forced out i think the paper actually covered it...oakland is still on the no child left behind watch list as and it is added pressure and stress on him and for being on it for 3 years i think he just had enough...i believe he gave the real reason in the article