2A State Champs?

Milan2010

LOL! I've said time and time again that Milan is capable of going to state. Both teams still have to win their games in order to get there! Alcoa CAN get beat (believe it or not) and upset as can Milan. I just hope both teams make it to get my wish because (no matter what anyone says, Milan or Alcoa fan), I know Milan can play with Alcoa this year. They may not win it but I'm still set on them be able to play with Alcoa. I saw Alcoa last year and I know what Milan has this year. Milan can match Alcoa athlete for athlete.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! I've said time and time again that Milan is capable of going to state. Both teams still have to win their games in order to get there! Alcoa CAN get beat (believe it or not) and upset as can Milan. I just hope both teams make it to get my wish because (no matter what anyone says, Milan or Alcoa fan), I know Milan can play with Alcoa this year. They may not win it but I'm still set on them be able to play with Alcoa. I saw Alcoa last year and I know what Milan has this year. Milan can match Alcoa athlete for athlete.

NO they cannot, put the koolaid down. Milan can't even matchup with the Nashville private schools.And I would like to add that this WILL be the last yr Alcoa wins a 2a state championship.

Milan would have to be WAYYY better this year than last to beat Aloca, and Alcoa would have to be worse.

I believe Milan lost to Peabody last year, who got killed by Goodpasture, who got beat by Alcoa.

Sorry, I don't know any specifics about Milan, but common sense and results say Alcoa is on the way to another title.

Milan would have to be WAYYY better this year than last to beat Aloca, and Alcoa would have to be worse.

I believe Milan lost to Peabody last year, who got killed by Goodpasture, who got beat by Alcoa.

Sorry, I don't know any specifics about Milan, but common sense and results say Alcoa is on the way to another title.

Alcoa is keeping their fingers crossed hoping Milan will be on the "menu" this year /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

or 4a

Alcoa will be a 3A team under the "Z-Plan" yes HOWEVER it is also true that 3A under the new alignment is pretty much going to be consisted of what we now know as 2A under the current plan.

1A & 2A (Z-Plan) = 1A (Current Plan)

Playoff field is reduced to 24 teams for each class.

3A (Z-Plan) = 2A (Current Plan)

4A (Z-Plan) = 3A (Current Plan)

5A (Z-Plan) = 4A (Current Plan)

6A (Z-Plan) = 5A (Current Plan)

Now you will have your occasional teams that jump or drop in class but pretty much this is the formula that will take you to the right place once the playoffs start every year under the "Z-Plan".

QUESTIONS???????????????????

I've got an idea! Alcoa has a hard time getting teams to play them. They've reached out to teams in Middle and West Tennessee (Booker T., Whitehouse, Spring Hill). See if you can get the folks in Milan to put the Tornadoes on the schedule. Maybe a week zero game in Nashville! A little East meets West tune-up for the season. Settle this before it gets to the play-offs. Hey, didn't Milan lose to Peabody- who was destroyed by Goodpasture- who Alcoa annihilated?

I understand what youre saying about trying to get a week 0 game between these two and settle this, it would be a great tune up, and maybe a possible rematch in the state game. the only problem i have with this statement is when you say your team would beat that team because this team smashed them. Some teams stack up better against different opponents. The speed of a game could be outrageously fast one game, and could slow down to a long drawn out matchup the next. You cant look at it the way you stated it, you have to look at the matchups from game to game. Good idea for the tune-up game tho!

Milan may have good athletes, but they aint matching up athlete to athlete with alcoa. How many D1's has Milan ever produced?? Alcoa will have 3 starting in the SEC this year. 2 at UK and 1 at UT