The Battle of the Boro

voodoochild

Exactly why I admire the guy so much. He is a man of his word doing his job b/c he loves the players. Anyone else would have bailed from there after all the harshness from the fans and back-stabbing of some of the former coaches.

No offense, but Coach A knew what he was doing when he took this job. The situation is very much like Florida was after Spurrier left, the coach that replaces a legend is usually in an impossible situation.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense, but Coach A knew what he was doing when he took this job. The situation is very much like Florida was after Spurrier left, the coach that replaces a legend is usually in an impossible situation.

You are right....he knew and was willing to accept the grief that comes along with it. Just saying he is his own man and will not be ruled by boosters with deep pockets. I admire that. I am proud of how many players have graduated from there on time and been college-bound. It shows he cares and I sure wish the Clone could have been coached by A.

You are right....he knew and was willing to accept the grief that comes along with it. Just saying he is his own man and will not be ruled by boosters with deep pockets. I admire that. I am proud of how many players have graduated from there on time and been college-bound. It shows he cares and I sure wish the Clone could have been coached by A.

Folks think I throw Coach A under the bus should read some of the comments to the online article. I am a Saint to Coach A compared to one of them.

Like Mr Nolan was quoted as saying that Coach A is a players coach. He honestly cares about the players and their welfare both on and off the field. Only problem I have is that we do need to pass at least ONCE a half! He can call it a WingT or a modified one or even Fred for all I care. I would just like to see more passing to open up the lanes for the running game.

I have no issues with coach A and i dont know that anyone does my only issue is the offense I do disagree with LOD i thought we passed enough last year to be effecitive we just didnt CATCH it enough to be respected

I also DISAGREE about the talent level being down yes i know THIS year the line is gonna be weaker its not everyday you have 5 OL get a scholarship to play at the next level...but overall there is plenty of talent to achieve the goals that want to be achieved at RIVERDALE case in point the eventual state champions each of the past 2 years was beaten by us so the TALENT IS THERE and it is still there this year!!!

GO WARRIORS

TAKE OAKLAND DOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

ITS GAME TIME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no issues with coach A and i dont know that anyone does my only issue is the offense I do disagree with LOD i thought we passed enough last year to be effecitive we just didnt CATCH it enough to be respected

I also DISAGREE about the talent level being down yes i know THIS year the line is gonna be weaker its not everyday you have 5 OL get a scholarship to play at the next level...but overall there is plenty of talent to achieve the goals that want to be achieved at RIVERDALE case in point the eventual state champions each of the past 2 years was beaten by us so the TALENT IS THERE and it is still there this year!!!

GO WARRIORS

TAKE OAKLAND DOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

ITS GAME TIME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach A is a class act! Go Coach A and GO WARRIORS!

For BOTH teams, the one big thing I noticed in last nights Ravenwood vs Goodpature game was the amount of cramps affecting BOTH teams. Thusly it will be very similar for BOTH teams tonight. Both teams need to hydrate as much as possible today so they will be ready for tonight. For those who do not recognize the big words it means drink, drink, drink today! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> And NOT Cokes!

"For those who do not recognize the big words it means drink, drink, drink today! And NOT Cokes!"

You crack me up "Lostolddad" but you are right on it this time. Especially those skill players with 3-5% body fat. They cramp up quick if they are not hydrated. Us big old OL/DL don't have as much an issue with cramping. It happens but not as much. Maybe were are just smarted and prepare better for games. Or maybe we're just fat.

Congratulations Oakland! If anyone was gonna break the streak I am glad it was y'all.

Y'all wanted it more tonight and it showed.

Coach McDaniel and his staff has Oakland WELL prepared for this season. I hope y'alls QB does just have a sprain and not something serious.

Y'alls backup QB did well also.

Rumor has it that this was the biggest crowd ever for the BOB and I can believe it.

Who will be the first one on this board to start bashing Coach A??? Well let me be the first one to stand up for the man. The fact is two good football teams played tonight, and unfortunately one of them had to lose. Dont be surprised if these two teams finish 1 2 in the region and meet again in the playoffs. So for all you Riverdale fans that want to clean house in week 0, just take a deep breathe and back away from the edge. Both of these teams will win alot of games this year and meet again when it counts.

Congratulations to Coach Mac and his staff, they deserved it tonight. The challenge now will be getting those kids back down to earth Monday and start looking towards they next opponent. But something tells me Coach Mac will get their attention Monday afternoon.

Last thing, and Im going to bed... Did somebody forget to notify Blackman and LaVergne that tonights game was NOT a baseball game? Were they hitting ground rule doubles over there? 5 to 3? Are you serious? Thats kind of embarrassing! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />