Region 7-4A

Red Warrior

Sorry not on schedule on Coacht. I chnage and say you win first game Tiger.

Not a problem! Since we really don't scrimmage I think this game is a warm up that we generally believe we can win. We've played them for the past 2-3 years prior to Millington. Should be an interesting year and I hope the Red Fans can come to some concensus on the Henry County team. I know all of the kids across the region are working hard and getting better. High School football is not life or death and it should be a pride and entertainment thing for all of us that sit in the stands.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got tired of readin all the stupid stuff about the scrimmage so I did some research. First off the scrimmage was 2 weeks ago and I hope we improved sinse then. I got the scrimmage tape and I broke it down and studied the d line and the passing game. While our startin d line was in the game there was only 2 runs for over 5 yards. And the other decent runs they had were to the outside and the linebackers didn't get there til they gained about 8 yards. Martese and bomar broke through there blocks almost everytime. I think our line will be fine. We need to worry about our speed on defense. Now for our passin game. Marsalis was 3 for 7. One was a drop and 2 were reievers turnin the wrong way and confusin thereselves. We through 1 pass to skylar who I think is our best reciever and I thought he was last year too. Our other recievers need to wake up. And I would like to see us throw to Capps a lil more too.

Now I know ppl are gonna have there own idea of what they saw but I just watched it and that's what I saw.

Bravo, BRAVO!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Sounds alot more like what I saw. Maybe I was eating Baskin Robbins though when I came on CoachT to post my thoughts. That sensitivity issue clouded my thinking. Oh, wait a minute, I don't know what I am talking about at all. I forgot that I no nothing about football! Why am I even going to the Father Ryan scrimmage? I guess wingman and I can go enjoy some ice cream while we are in Nashville and maybe the prophet can sing us a sad song about Patriot Football...

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Realgame, the joke is on you. Anything but the truth. Well, you are not the all knowing expert - especially if you earlier stated that your main sport is basketball. And believe me, I nor anyone else that I know on this forum claim to be the expert (with the obvious exception of the Yanker /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ). So basically, everyone agrees that many aspects of our beloved team need some work. Yet you say that other people on here are sensitive if they don't agree with you absolutely 100%. That sounds like an issue you may want to deal with.

BigRedForLife - thanks for the directions. I have been asked many times over the last couple of days. Now I know. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You are ecactly correct my "young Cephus of a friend"...the YANKER is the expert of all experts!!!! Keep up the infighting in Henryland...you will crumble from within!!! I AM THE EXPERT YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are ecactly correct my "young Cephus of a friend"...the YANKER is the expert of all experts!!!! Keep up the infighting in Henryland...you will crumble from within!!! I AM THE EXPERT YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THe demise of JCM has began

My concerns are from day one, not just the scrimmage. I think we will obviuosly get better, but we aren't where we were last year at the same time. If you believe that we are then you need to attend a few practices.

I am sorry about the problems with your teeth. Go to the dentist, change toothpaste, and get more realistic about our teams strengths and weaknesses.

Is the real game related to the real mom? lots of similarities, not a lot of positives, very defensive, inferiority comlex,

maybe jsut someone who does not want the Patriots to be successful this year?

You say you call it like you see it, your info is way to general, be more specific with your criticism, is it the play calling, the pass blocking, the coaching, the recieving, the routes, teh players,

Because I see a totally different picture than you, I see a much improved reciever corp, the QB is the same with one more year of experience, the coaches are the same, the routes appear similar, what exactly are you referring too. You so not seem to care about callilng like you see so call it if you have seen it.

I got tired of readin all the stupid stuff about the scrimmage so I did some research. First off the scrimmage was 2 weeks ago and I hope we improved sinse then. I got the scrimmage tape and I broke it down and studied the d line and the passing game. While our startin d line was in the game there was only 2 runs for over 5 yards. And the other decent runs they had were to the outside and the linebackers didn't get there til they gained about 8 yards. Martese and bomar broke through there blocks almost everytime. I think our line will be fine. We need to worry about our speed on defense. Now for our passin game. Marsalis was 3 for 7. One was a drop and 2 were reievers turnin the wrong way and confusin thereselves. We through 1 pass to skylar who I think is our best reciever and I thought he was last year too. Our other recievers need to wake up. And I would like to see us throw to Capps a lil more too.

Now I know ppl are gonna have there own idea of what they saw but I just watched it and that's what I saw.

We will have to beat teams MUCH better than Humboldt!

As a loyal Patriot fan, I was at the scrimmage and the biggest concern that I had was the centers inability to snap the ball to the QB. This was the one thing that looked bad to me. The defense looked adequate, not sure how good Humbolts offense is. The passing game that has been under the microscope on this forum seemed disrupted by the QB having to bend down and chase the snaps. If my memeory serves me correctly, the QB dropped back a couple of times and did not throw the ball, I do not know why, but that could be looked at as a good thing. I dont want a QB to force things. Like many others have said, we need improvments across the board.

I agree. That is problem area number three. If we are to stay in the shotgun we better find a center who can snap the ball.

Bravo, BRAVO!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Sounds alot more like what I saw. Maybe I was eating Baskin Robbins though when I came on CoachT to post my thoughts. That sensitivity issue clouded my thinking. Oh, wait a minute, I don't know what I am talking about at all. I forgot that I no nothing about football! Why am I even going to the Father Ryan scrimmage? I guess wingman and I can go enjoy some ice cream while we are in Nashville and maybe the prophet can sing us a sad song about Patriot Football...

Some of our fans are ridiculous. Many are too sensitive and too soft. I hope our coaches and players don't get the same way.

THe demise of JCM has began

Is the real game related to the real mom?

You need to stick to going back and forth with "the gameful one"...he or she is about your speed. I take that back...he/she is MUCH smarter than you should ever hope to be...and far less crude!!! I AM THE INCREDIBLE YANKER!!!!!

We will have to beat teams MUCH better than Humboldt!

I agree. That is problem area number three. If we are to stay in the shotgun we better find a center who can snap the ball.

I know this but if it was a real game and the coaches wasn't tryin to see how deep we are I think we would have won by 35 or 40.

Oh yeah I didn't notice it durin the game but mac probably had close to 90 yards rushin. And the run by dominique was one of his top 3 runs since he has been at the high school.

Broken record! Move on with the sensitivity thing it is old!

I'll tell you what the broken record is. It's all of these fans and their pitiful reactions to the truth. We are going to have a ggod team, maybe a great team. But these people on here can't handle anyone pointing out weaknesses. You are talking to the wrong guy about what's getting old. And if you do mean to talk to me about it, then its falling on deaf ears. Our fans need to grow up and get tougher.

You need to stick to going back and forth with "the gameful one"...he or she is about your speed. I take that back...he/she is MUCH smarter than you should ever hope to be...and far less crude!!! I AM THE INCREDIBLE YANKER!!!!!

Yanker - I think we will need to stay out of this one, I'm not sure who from HC is right or wrong or sensitive or not sensitive or at practice or not at practice or an expert or not an expert or Stevie Wonder or Marvin Gay (oops, I don't think he was mentioned)... shoot I can't keep up.

Let an outsider tell you that HC is darn good, won the region last year, will likely win the region this year and has a shot to make it at least as far in the playoffs last year... at this point. When things get settled on the field then we will be able to tell where there may be a weakness, strength or other wise. Injuries will be the most important part and will make or break a season.

Last I heard, you don't have to win every game by a lot of points just win enough to take home the gold. Good luck and don't be so hard on each other. Heck, the region must be bad since HC posters have to pick on each other... Maybe that's another good sign for Big Red?????? By the way, I am not promoting picking a fight with the rest of us just thought I would mention the obvious.

This whole thing is being blown out of proportion. HC was able to still perform at a decent level after only 4 days in pads, and Dominique and Marsalis didn't even have the bulk of the carries. Our passing game will be fine. Some may forget that running is the bigger priority with our offense anyway. Just handle success right - Maryville's struggled in their scrimmages (or so i've heard) and yet i'm sure that they're happy with the team, and i almost guarantee that they'll be in the state finals again. Just sit back and relax - Football Season's here.