Greatest team ever to play at Smith County Highschool?

Mr. Postman1

Yep buckshot...at that time you could do just that. All you had to do was be on the line in the field

of play. As I said...you had to tell the ref before the game you were going to run the play. It is good

the rule was changed.

Yep...Macon cheated to win that game. Deep down...you know that's true. It is ancient history. SC should have caught it earlier. That's not the 1st time that has happened.

MC didn't cheat to win the game. There will be no convincing you as there will be no convincing me. Sets went off before second quarter. Regarding sideline reciever, I know you are very knowledgable about HS football, but again I would need to read that in a rule book. Enough on that

I did go back and re read ...I still don't understand.... What comment??? Wrong side of the river was refering to MO$$ son who played for Gordonsville....MO$$ (a g-ville fan) sid wrong side of the river....Other than that ???????

There is no way I got that out of his comment. In my mind he was either talking about the current QB or Carter. Once again, I did not really care for CC, but I figured as centered as the town is around the football team, and the success of that particular team, I was suprised that he didn't get props on the T when he died or in this thread.

This is why coaches these days are VERY careful when deciding which headsets to buy. If the opposing team picks up on your frequency or vice/versa it could either be a very good thing or a very bad thing.

I've heard past stories of this occurring.

Twing Twang, bet you did not know that when the second round of the playoffs came to the hole in '85, the home coaches headsets were hardwired up to the pressbox. Again first hand experience is always better than second hand knowledge.

Good luck to SC!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MC didn't cheat to win the game. There will be no convincing you as there will be no convincing me. Sets went off before second quarter. Regarding sideline reciever, I know you are very knowledgable about HS football, but again I would need to read that in a rule book. Enough on that

There is no way I got that out of his comment. In my mind he was either talking about the current QB or Carter. Once again, I did not really care for CC, but I figured as centered as the town is around the football team, and the success of that particular team, I was suprised that he didn't get props on the T when he died or in this thread.

Twing Twang, bet you did not know that when the second round of the playoffs came to the hole in '85, the home coaches headsets were hardwired up to the pressbox. Again first hand experience is always better than second hand knowledge.

Good luck to SC!

Actually...my friend...I did know that. Wouldn't you have done the same? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Thanks for the well wishes. Same to MC. Hope all have good injury free games.

The best all around player to hail from smith county did not even play ar schs. Mr. Brad Cowan was great on defense and offense. Brad was Mr. Football during a time when only one was chosen per classification, only 3 Mr. Football awards in the whole state. And lets not forget that he played during a time when you had a more difficult playoff schedule because you had to play the private powerhouses. I believe Gville had to play MUS both years. They lost one and won the other in the state title game. For any of you that have not seen the campus at MUS it is better than most D1 colleges. The tuition is more than that of UT. It is the premier all boys high school in this part of the country not state but country.

*Gordonsville actually played ECS not MUS. Still a very good private school.

Keep in mind, and you spoke of him earlier on this page, Dirkson won the 2A Mr. Football when there were only 3 classifications as well. True, he did not play defense, but as far as running back...Mr. Brad Cowan, as you refer to him as, wasn't even in the same class as Mr. Scott Dirkson. IMO the best I've seen to ever come out of Smith Co.

Keep in mind, and you spoke of him earlier on this page, Dirkson won the 2A Mr. Football when there were only 3 classifications as well. True, he did not play defense, but as far as running back...Mr. Brad Cowan, as you refer to him as, wasn't even in the same class as Mr. Scott Dirkson. IMO the best I've seen to ever come out of Smith Co.

Both were great players.

No, your definitely a wannabe owl. No doubt about it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

nope, only lost to the owls once in high school.

Why would I want to be one.

I do, however, think highly of a lot of owl fans, as I have worked and played ball with and for many of them.

And, I have a cousin on the coaching staff.

So, why would I not root for them when they're not playing gville, especially when they play the eagles. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />