Huntingdon at Milan

theplayer

I am originally from Henry County and I remember when Milan used to absolutely obliterate us. I wish HC and Milan played now. I think it would be a great game decided in the last few minutes. Milan has a ton of well-coached athletes. Coach Morris and his staff do an excellent job.

a matchup this year would be huge. The gate would be out of sight!!! You guys might be a little too much for us but you never know. I know I was shocked last year when Westview stunned you guys but those things don't happen every game. We are better than last year but i know you guys are too.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a matchup this year would be huge. The gate would be out of sight!!! You guys might be a little too much for us but you never know. I know I was shocked last year when Westview stunned you guys but those things don't happen every game. We are better than last year but i know you guys are too.

Not "us" anymore. I still root for HC whenever they play, but I live in Milan now and love the place. I am a Bulldog fan first and foremost now. Coach Morris and his guys have been more than nice to me. I could not ask for a better role model for an aspiring coach myself.

I am glad there are some people in Huntingdon who saw the game for what it was! Your coach not being one of them! Anyone read the paper? "That one call pretty much took the wind out of our sails" "I will be mailing a tape" Milan had 2 tds called back in the SAME drive but steppped up and overcame the penalties. Sometimes you play a team that is better than you are but i guess blaming everything else is just easier than admitting you got beat by a better team. No one call was amounted to 30 points!!

Totally agree...Swenson never acknowleged Milan was the better team..he blamed the loss on a "missed" penalty. Like that "missed" call would have made a difference in a 26 point Mlan victory.

Totally agree...Swenson never acknowleged Milan was the better team..he blamed the loss on a "missed" penalty. Like that "missed" call would have made a difference in a 26 point Mlan victory.

Swenson has obviously rubbed off on his players...one said in the jax sun "Milan didn't beat us, we gave it to them????? Huntingdon was ready to go home after halftime.

First I'd like to say I'm a big fan of Milan football and their tradition and fan support.

But you good folks from Milan need to "Let It BE". What else did Swenson say? Was that all he said to the reporter or just what the reporter wrote?

Could he have said Milan had a good team but that play took the wind out of our sails? Or overall the game was officiated really well but that play was called wrong and he could prove it by sending it to the refs.. Just because you read it it the Sun doesn't mean it was said in that way or that context. Could Hatch have said Milan is one tough team full of talented players, but we beat ourselves.. too. I can't believe that's "ALL" that Coach Swenson said either.. It doesn't matter what WE think on CoachT.

Last year when we beat Milan you would have thought that Morris should have been fired listening to some Milan fans. Personally I would never tell my team we got beat by a better team or outcoached either. You leave them something to hold on to till the next game. I don't think Coach Swenson lost any sleep about what he told the Sun on Friday night but laid awake wondering who on the team could tackle...

OK then, what if the Sun reporter wrote exactly what Swenson said, and all he said is what the reporter wrote. Have you ever said something and wished it had never came out of your mouth. Or sent an e-mail and as soon as you hit send you wish you could take it back.. Come on folks.

I am a beliver that Milan has one strong club this year but you haven't done much yet. You are setting yourself up for a hard fall or you've got a short memory... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Good luck to you the rest of the year... Just Let it be...

P.S. In 1950 Huntingdon beat Milan 72-14.. Too bad we didn't have CoachT then...

First I'd like to say I'm a big fan of Milan football and their tradition and fan support.

But you good folks from Milan need to "Let It BE". What else did Swenson say? Was that all he said to the reporter or just what the reporter wrote?

Could he have said Milan had a good team but that play took the wind out of our sails? Or overall the game was officiated really well but that play was called wrong and he could prove it by sending it to the refs.. Just because you read it it the Sun doesn't mean it was said in that way or that context. Could Hatch have said Milan is one tough team full of talented players, but we beat ourselves.. too. I can't believe that's "ALL" that Coach Swenson said either.. It doesn't matter what WE think on CoachT.

Last year when we beat Milan you would have thought that Morris should have been fired listening to some Milan fans. Personally I would never tell my team we got beat by a better team or outcoached either. You leave them something to hold on to till the next game. I don't think Coach Swenson lost any sleep about what he told the Sun on Friday night but laid awake wondering who on the team could tackle...

OK then, what if the Sun reporter wrote exactly what Swenson said, and all he said is what the reporter wrote. Have you ever said something and wished it had never came out of your mouth. Or sent an e-mail and as soon as you hit send you wish you could take it back.. Come on folks.

I am a beliver that Milan has one strong club this year but you haven't done much yet. You are setting yourself up for a hard fall or you've got a short memory... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

P.S. In 1950 Huntingdon beat Milan 72-14.. Too bad we didn't have CoachT then...

great post if only more people thought like that i personally thought the better team won but all of us know that when these 2 teams meat its never the way it should be on paper we split in 2004 and yall had the better team by far i thought for sure we would get blown out both times some people just cant get that much of a grip on reality i guess

great post if only more people thought like that i personally thought the better team won but all of us know that when these 2 teams meat its never the way it should be on paper we split in 2004 and yall had the better team by far i thought for sure we would get blown out both times some people just cant get that much of a grip on reality i guess

I've known coach since he moved here and i'll promise you haitis would freeze over before he would let his players think a team is better than them. And he sure as heck wouldn't quote it to the jackson sun. You guys must be liberals. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You're right. He can say what he wants to he wants, and how he wants. Just remember he said to a print media. Nothing wrong with that except it implies that he feels like his team should have won. Again nothing wrong with. I hope he doesn't think there is anything wrong with the dawgs being a little upset the next time the stangs meet up with the dawgs. All he did was give the dawgs more inspiration for next time, not that we needed it, but man it will make next time a lot more fun to watch. On behalf of the rest of the Milan faithful thanks to Swenson and QB.

I dont usually respond to these type of posts, but could someone tell me if they can remember a huntingdon post with as little class as this person when we beat milan consistantly over the last four years. We know we got beat by a better team. Im sure your team and coaches dont have this kind of mentality. I hope not, because if they do, look for some upsets as season goes on. Good luck to Milan rest of season, hope to see you again in the playoffs.

i only reply to the manner at which the post i am replying too. The guy had no class in trying to talk down the dawgs so i just thought id throw it in his face. No harm to the stangs fan i thought it was a great game at first. Just giving the dawgs the applause they deserve after that game. Goodluck to the Stangs