Grace Christian/Knox Central Scrimmage

THEDIDDLER

Clinton cost these boys a year of football, which was wrong to do to a kid, but they paid their dues and they came out on top in every way..... It was a combination of religion and morals, but I will say that you shouldn't ever doubt what (or who) is in one's heart... Oh, it's all positive and it's wonderful and it's being enjoyed by the players and their families more than you will ever know. Just proud to be a Grace Ram!!

Just as I said "not tryin to anger you..." I agree. These are out standing young men. Your last line is still angry and on the defense. Sorry if you have taken what was said so negatively.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GraceRamFan @ Aug 12 2008 - 03:44 PM)

Okay...whatever...now it's just getting funny........if that's how you want to cover the loss...the players and coaches know and that's all that matters...Thank God in Heaven that they left Clinton...best life move those boys could have ever made! A great choice! Go Rams

Best life move? Really?

I've been following this post today, and I think it's great that Grace beat Central. I'm happy for their players and their coaching staff. So what if some of the kids are from Clinton? Most of those kids played for Grace head coach, Randy McKamey when they were in middle school. He's a great coach, and he has a great staff. I could understand how kids who already know him would want to play for him. However, I do think it's ridiculous to say that switching from Clinton to Grace is the best life move they could make. Yes, Clinton is down. It seems like they're getting better under Andy Shattuck, but it is tough to rebuild something that was so decimated by the last coaching staff....

I'm sorry, I got off on a Clinton tangent.... Anyway, congratulations to Grace on their well-played scrimmage. Hopefully grace and onieda will meet in the playoffs and settle this ridiculous argument

I'm not sure who GraceRamFan is but I think what GraceRamFan may be saying is moving from a public school to a well established christian school is a better move overall in so many ways. I moved both my children a little over 4 years ago from a public school to GCA. My son played football and basketball through his high school years and he graduated in May 2008. My daughter is in 7th grade. They can tell you as well as myself what a great life change it is and was. Where else can you get an excellent more one on one academic education as well as a christian education? Where else can you pray and bring your bible to school? The atmosphere is so much better. As a parent I do not have to worry about drugs and alcohol being passed around in school. Don't worry about terrible language in the hallways, locker rooms and fieldhouse from other students, teachers and coaches like my children heard in public schools. I do not have any fears anymore like I did when my children attended their public school over 4 years ago and before. Many more negatives to name, not enough time.

Yes, I know good christian students go to public schools and have no problems. I have friends that are in that situation but they (the parents) do tell me that they worry when their children enter the doors of their public school. They say it is still all the above negative stuff I listed and just continues to get worse and most wish they could do as we did.......and some have.

Anyway, all the above may be what GraceRamFan was trying to say.

GRACE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY - LEAD, BUILD, EQUIP. BUILDING CHAMPIONS FOR CHRIST.

Yall are makin me sick with all these reasons the kids chose GCA.

1 out of 150 kids MIGHT choose to go there for religous reasons

10 out of 150 sets of parents choose it for their child for religous reasons

50% of your students are there simply because their parents are afraid of the public school system in general.

The other 50 % is there simply to play sports!

Hampton also has a couple of transfers, they came to play football on a sucessful team. They were not recruited, one wasn't elligabale in NC and they moved to Hampton ,The other wasn't happy with the other school, He moved also. It is a very rare thing to get 2 transfers in 1 year. Most kids play for their own school. We have churches all over creation up here, if they choose, they can attend the one of their choice. Shoot they'll let just about anyone attend.

Yall are makin me sick with all these reasons the kids chose GCA.

1 out of 150 kids MIGHT choose to go there for religous reasons

10 out of 150 sets of parents choose it for their child for religous reasons

50% of your students are there simply because their parents are afraid of the public school system in general.

The other 50 % is there simply to play sports!

oldeagle,

I realize that you are an expert on the psychology of students that attend private schools and their families but let me remind you of something. Grace, for however good they have gotten at sports in the last couple of years, is still at the bottom of private school athletics in Knoxville. However, Grace Baptist Church, their affiliate, is one of the largest churches in the area membership wise. I would wager that 60% of the kids that go to Grace also go to that church. If I was going to send my kids to a private school for sports, id send them to Webb, Catholic or CAK. If I was going to send my kids to a private school for religious reasons, I may just give a good look at Grace, who is affiliated with a strong church and small ratios for good one on one opportunities with teachers. Using your "50% are scared of public school, 50% play sports" logic, they better be the best at every sport AND have the top academic scores from across the country. You're kidding yourself oldeagle if you honestly believe what you said in the post i am replying to.

I'm sorry, I got off on a Clinton tangent.... Anyway, congratulations to Grace on their well-played scrimmage. Hopefully grace and onieda will meet in the playoffs and settle this ridiculous argument[/i]

I haven't read all the posts, but if there is any argument about who is better out of Onieda and Grace, I'd like to put in a couple cents. I like Grace, enjoyed the drive over there to watch the scrimmage when the other Grace played them, great people...

but if Onieda is as good as they keep talking about (I've read posts about them saying they could compete against SP, last year's champion) then there is no way Grace can compete with Onieda. Again, I know nothing about Onieda, but there is a TON of talk on other boards about how great this team is supposed to be. IF that is true, I'm sorry Grace, but on paper Onieda wins it. I say on paper because anything is possible, but after seeing you in first scrimmage, I don't think you can compete with the big boys. Grace Chatt beat you pretty bad in scrimmage and SP beat them by somewhere in the range of 50 points last year. If Onieda thinks they are compareable to them, my guess is Onieda wins.

Sorry, I just felt like talking more FOOTBALL then the complaining about transfers everyone is talking about. Good luck to y'all in Knoxville this year!

I'm sorry, I got off on a Clinton tangent.... Anyway, congratulations to Grace on their well-played scrimmage. Hopefully grace and onieda will meet in the playoffs and settle this ridiculous argument[/i]

I haven't read all the posts, but if there is any argument about who is better out of Onieda and Grace, I'd like to put in a couple cents. I like Grace, enjoyed the drive over there to watch the scrimmage when the other Grace played them, great people...

but if Onieda is as good as they keep talking about (I've read posts about them saying they could compete against SP, last year's champion) then there is no way Grace can compete with Onieda. Again, I know nothing about Onieda, but there is a TON of talk on other boards about how great this team is supposed to be. IF that is true, I'm sorry Grace, but on paper Onieda wins it. I say on paper because anything is possible, but after seeing you in first scrimmage, I don't think you can compete with the big boys. Grace Chatt beat you pretty bad in scrimmage and SP beat them by somewhere in the range of 50 points last year. If Onieda thinks they are compareable to them, my guess is Onieda wins.

Sorry, I just felt like talking more FOOTBALL then the complaining about transfers everyone is talking about. Good luck to y'all in Knoxville this year!

I dont even know how Onieda got included in this conversation if we do play them it would be in a playoff situation then one of us would win Im sure LOL

Alot of teams say and said they could hang with SP but getting on the field with them is a different story,plus you cant go by scrimmage's 1st down's keep alot of teams in game's unlike that 10 play stuff.