Millington Vs Munford... M&M Bowl 2008....

Rob_M

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a former cougar and I think Millington will win another in this series. I wish there was a M and M bowl when I played.

What do you know about this years Cougar team? I know that you are replacing a 4 year starter at QB. That's gotta be a tough chore. I have nothing but respect for Coach Randall's coaching ability. I am sure the Cougars will be well prepared.

What do you know about this years Cougar team? I know that you are replacing a 4 year starter at QB. That's gotta be a tough chore. I have nothing but respect for Coach Randall's coaching ability. I am sure the Cougars will be well prepared.

I heard they were supposed to be solid on defense. Supposedly have some size at linebacker and on the d-line. Offensively I think they have some decent skill guys, but o-line will be young. You are right Randall will have them ready.

I heard they were supposed to be solid on defense. Supposedly have some size at linebacker and on the d-line. Offensively I think they have some decent skill guys, but o-line will be young. You are right Randall will have them ready.

Playing at home is always a big advatage for the Cougars as well. It is never an easy place to play. The Titpton County folks really support the Munford Program. There have been plenty of down years over the last five or six years, but the fans still show up and support the Cougars.

Who is Deondre Purdy?

Problems abound for the Cougars. Whether the coaching staff can overcome them is something we'll have to wait and see. The Purty kid transferred due to the death of his guardian and has moved to Knoxville to be with the only family he has left. Big hit for the already thin Cougars. Millington has another fine football team that very well could make a deep run in the playoffs. One has to think that if Munford were to pull this out, it would have to be considered an "upset of dynamic proportions." But...you know, somebody goes down every Friday, Saturday and Sunday that wasn't supposed to. Should either be over soon, or if not, could get interesting.

Problems abound for the Cougars. Whether the coaching staff can overcome them is something we'll have to wait and see. The Purty kid transferred due to the death of his guardian and has moved to Knoxville to be with the only family he has left. Big hit for the already thin Cougars. Millington has another fine football team that very well could make a deep run in the playoffs. One has to think that if Munford were to pull this out, it would have to be considered an "upset of dynamic proportions." But...you know, somebody goes down every Friday, Saturday and Sunday that wasn't supposed to. Should either be over soon, or if not, could get interesting.

You know the recent years that this game was close, turnovers and special teams played a big part and contributed to Munfords success. Millington always struggles getting started and if they turn the ball over or give up big special teams plays then it could make the game more interesting. I know nothing about Munford this year but i hear they don't have any playmakers on their team and are also struggling with numbers. I still believe Millington will win but it always seems to be closer than what people expect especially when one team is suppose to have a down year. Go Trojans!

You know the recent years that this game was close, turnovers and special teams played a big part and contributed to Munfords success. Millington always struggles getting started and if they turn the ball over or give up big special teams plays then it could make the game more interesting. I know nothing about Munford this year but i hear they don't have any playmakers on their team and are also struggling with numbers. I still believe Millington will win but it always seems to be closer than what people expect especially when one team is suppose to have a down year. Go Trojans!

Young (meaning inexperienced) line, quarterback and other skill positions in conjunction with injuries/transfers (due to death in family) makes this one a tough, tough game for the Cougars. Not sure if it will be close after the opening kick off but agree with WT, if they stay close then it could get interesting... Millington should run away with it but the Munford kids will certainly put up a fight.