Trinity Christian @ USJ

Stockerd

Gadget, don't forget that your beloved Bo Hardegree played in 1A too! He was the "superstar" of West TN that went on to UT and did what? Ok, that's what I thought. Don't forget USJ used to be in 1A and haven't had a caliber player of Jabriel in quite some time.

Bo played at JCM. Not sure what Class they were then probably 4A. Bill played at USJ 2A.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TCA 27 USJ 21 Jabriel Washinton is not the only player capable of big plays for the Lions! Hagen Nelson, Austin Whitsitt, Josh Lenior. Joey Hanson and Dillon Yates can both catch the ball as possession kind of recievers and Alex Silvia is an animal at Linebacker!

I don't see this game being that close. TCA lost to much last year. USJ by at least 4 TDs

as for the comment on bo hardegree playing 1A, that was the dumbest thing i've heard in awhile. it shows your obvious ignorance on the subject of west tenn. football. and btw anything rivals says on any recruit thats not at least a junior is a totally illegitimate source of information because a school can't even send you anything but questionaires until the end of your junior year which mean absolutely nothing. not to mention the fact the actual recruits tell rivals what colleges are interested in them. they could say ever school in the nation was interested if they wanted to.

how does everyone think tca's unexperienced db's will handle the receiving core of usj?

Simply put, they won't. And if for some reason Trinity starts dropping linebackers to help out on the pass, the USJ veteran offensive line and backs will punish them for it. I'm feeling a bunch of big plays in this game for USJ.

I hope both teams play well and no one gets injured. I'm also proud of the fact that Trinity people aren't on here putting down USJ or any of their players. Good show of class! Jabriel will do well in everything he pursues. Apparently he won MVP at some National Combine in Memphis this past year, which put him on these colleges radar. I think they see him as more of a WR or LB in college, not a quarterback. Anyway, I guess haters will always hate, and it's usually by those who can't play.

Alright no more bashing, I'm now gonna be serious. I'm picking USJ in this one because of the inexperience of TCA. The only key player that is new for USJ is Jake Overbey at QB, and I'm pretty sure with his nearly fully senior O-line, and his veteran group of recievers, he'll do ok. As I said earlier, he's got help from two all-state caliber wideouts with Austin M. and Danny S., and his older brother Preston and the simply amazing Dusty Bright at TE and slot respectively.

Only question mark really for USJ is the D-line. Though, I think against a similarly sized and slower O-line from TCA, they get the checkmark on this one.

O..and by the way, you serious about Austin Whitsitt making big plays? Hah! As the poster stated above me, he'd be on third string right now if he were still at USJ, or backing up Jake Overbey at QB.

O, and GCpioneer, if by high caliber you mean overrated, then yes, we haven't had a high caliber player in awhile. I know of a few kids on the USJ team who have more athletic ability in them then Jabriel will have when he's their age. USJ just happens to get more than one athlete every decade, so we don't hype them up as much as Jabriel has been.

Someone that has 5 BCS OFFERS as a Sophomore definitely deserves some hype. You can call him overrated if you want but he's got something to back that hype up with unlike several people in this area.

I think this game will go down to the last snap with USJ winning a very close game. I'm just going by what I saw at the jamboree. Now about Jabriel Washington I most saw someone totally different last week, he didn't show me anything, he looked scared at QB. I'm not saying he's not going be the real deal in a couple of years which can very well happen with all these weak A teams in west TN.

I don't know what game you saw, but scared is one thing that kid ain't. Trust me I've seen alot of kids played scared but he ain't one of them.

As good as Washington may be I really doubt he's been offered by anyone yet. In fact if I'm not mistaken I don't believe an athlete can be actively recruited by a school until just before the start of his junior year. He can be invited to a combine and sent some letters but can't take any visits or be offered a scholarship. My basis for this thought is that I saw a letter UCLA sent to Moo Gilbert last year that said they were interested in him but couldn't "actively recruit" him until August 1 of his junior year per NCAA rule. As fot the game I thought TCA looked more impressive friday night than did USJ however that was just the jamboree.

As good as Washington may be I really doubt he's been offered by anyone yet. In fact if I'm not mistaken I don't believe an athlete can be actively recruited by a school until just before the start of his junior year. He can be invited to a combine and sent some letters but can't take any visits or be offered a scholarship. My basis for this thought is that I saw a letter UCLA sent to Moo Gilbert last year that said they were interested in him but couldn't "actively recruit" him until August 1 of his junior year per NCAA rule. As fot the game I thought TCA looked more impressive friday night than did USJ however that was just the jamboree.

I know for a fact he has been verbally offered by 5 BCS schools. Yes you are correct he cannot get anything in writing until Sept 1 of his Junior year but you can be verbally offered. He went to 2 different camps this summer and was told by both Tennessee and Georgia coaches that he was good enough to offer but they don't offer kids that early. People can take it's for what's it's worth but that's the facts of the matter.

how does everyone think tca's unexperienced db's will handle the receiving core of usj?

Well good question. No one knows for sure. But Washington #1 and Nelson #12 both started last year for the lions in the secondary. Actually Nelson is a Senior and has started all four years. So idk if unexperianced is the word to use. They have some young guys playing the other two spots. All four will mix it around in the game from safties to corners. I think they will do enough to win. but i think some of the biggest plays in the game will be made by the secondaaries of both teams. after all it is USJ and they love to throw the ball. and TCA will run alot of pass routs as an option for JW to run or throw. Just like both teams did in the jamboree.