Sullivan South @ Science Hill

The Hill

DB is happy to have Crawford who was 6 0f 7 for 99 yards and busted a 50 yard run. The kid runs at least a 4.6 maybe better. Not trying to sound too confident but SH had the talent last year and got rocked by DB. This year DB has the complete package, expect a beat down, and quote me on it.

Bud, I saw you play last night and yes you are complete. Jamie was impressive as was the whole team. BUT...the Toppers have the most talent in place at once that I have seen since the '06 Indians and maybe further. The only reason they won't beat you...(if they don't) is organization. SS has it all at his disosal if he can manage it. Time will tell. Bud, you need to see these people play before you make a call.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will hold you to it Compusatman. I have not seen The Hill play. I wanted to be there but I went to the race. Congrats on the win! I am having a hard time thinking that SH has a better combo then Sensabaugh and Sylvester. I know they were loaded to the gills last year and choked like nothing we had ever seen. I will take your word on it though. I still say Gilligan is the worst coach ever though. Thanks for beating them tonight!

I will hold you to it Compusatman. I have not seen The Hill play. I wanted to be there but I went to the race. Congrats on the win! I am having a hard time thinking that SH has a better combo then Sensabaugh and Sylvester. I know they were loaded to the gills last year and choked like nothing we had ever seen. I will take your word on it though. I still say Gilligan is the worst coach ever though. Thanks for beating them tonight!

I cannot say they have a better combo than Jamie and Sly because they have been together for a while now and they have chemistry. That takes time and those two have "it". SHHS is raw but the potential is there. They have the unique opportunity to be called the real deal. Not yet, but the potential is there. If they were GC's boys...I could predict Gold Ball right now. But they are SS's boys. Their play.

On second thought, no disrespect to you compusatman, but I really have a hard time with Science Hill having the raw talent DB does this year. I think that these message boards turn up so much crud. TN High was supposed to beat us, in 2006 South was going to win, in 2007 before the season Science Hill was all of a sudden a state title contender with all the talent (which they had) and the new fancy Nashville coach. I am just going to go with the stance that has been in stone for years. TN High, South, Science Hill have all talked a big game about beating DB, but it just has not happened yet. Prove me wrong and I will eat crow at your table. But after TN high in 2008 and South in 2006, I don't believe any of it and that goes for Science Hill too. No trash talk intended here, just seems like all the other teams claim a so called tough game far too early. Science Hill will be destroyed, again in my opinion. Too many folks tell me I am wrong every year, but I am doing well so far.

Don't give me that gold ball stuff, you know I live in Nashville. The Hill would normally be a joke there.

Yup I'm back....I've been waiting to see the Toppers before I commented on them and after last night I want to believe that the program is heading in the right direction after what I saw last night. Looks like this sophmore class is the right mix with the Senior class while there are juniors who will be mad at their playing time in the future, will it be the near future. Ryan Mitchell is gonna be a force once Norris develops enough at qb so that Isacc can be moved to running back where he needs to be so that he can get the ball in more creative opportunities. Mitchell needs to be on the field- he displayed a second gear that I haven't seen in a Hilltopper uniform since 2005 when there was alot of speed on the field. Anyone that saw the kickoff return knows exactly what I mean. He looks good at rb but put him on the outside this year and Larry on the other side and fill in the slots and you can be scary. With Isacc at rb with Armando Canepa and you have an impressive running game. The defense played outstanding but I personally hate the technique of cornerbacks playing with ther backs to the ball on presnaps. They have alot of talent and the future looks bright but they have alot of kids that are still learning to play the game..I saw a lot of scared playing by some of the wideouts when it came time to make contact. I was impressed with what i saw on the field and I went to the game thinking that this would be the only game I would go watch this season. I will definitly be back.

South was impressive but there has definitly been a huge drop that Fletcher did more to make up for in this game. I love to watch that kid play. He runs the ball with authority and has deceptive speed. He should be their workhorse. It was different watching this game because South was trying to do the things that they have been doing (especially in the air) and the results that I was expecting never materialized. Several batted balls, a few dropped passes didn't help an impressive debut by Davenport but reports of his greatness has been greatly exaggerateed. I thought Phillips was a D-1 athlete but not a qb and I hope I'm proven wrong butI know Davenport is not a D-1 qb like he has been reported to be. He is a very fine qb and would help any team in the area outside of D-B and maybe TN High, who I think ,have the qbs that they need. From what I've seen last year and this year those may be the 3 best signal callers in the area with Crawford being the one I would want. South is such a well coached team and does everything excellent fundamentally which allows them to get the most of their players. They play hard and have kids that seem to love contact. Very well played game, I kept waiting for them to make the plays to break the game open but the reason for that is now residing in Madison.

I was impressed with Science Hill's resilince and they answered almost everytime they needed to and the kids have a great enthusiasim. Hopefully success will come soon to give them shot in the arm. The game calling was effective and kept the defense fresh even though it did become reptitive on the offense side but you dance with who you brought. I can't say how impressed I was because I was fearing the worst but now am more open to believe that they are heading in the right direction. The losing streak is 7...that's the bottom line.

ps- Bud everyone has more talent than South and DB after south beats them according to some...DB is loaded this year and everyone in this area is going to be hard pressed to stay within 14 all season.

Cap...I'm officially disassociated from South threads but I can't not tell these people about the Toppers. What a team. They have it all...just like last year...but more. Four savage RB's, a Soph White boy QB who will be the talk of the NET not to mention he is a lefty...and then they have Kinley. Last year Kinley was an also ran...BUT...this year...well suffice to say they have the most speed I have seen in years. Look out DB! And that D. I'm sorry, they have it all and line to boot. If SS is any kind of coach at all they are deep playoff contenders. DB, you have compeition for the conference.

South's D almost choked but held when it mattered. The O sputtered but Bradley is on. His WR's need time. It will come. Satch, tell him not to get discouraged he will get there. And when he does it will be sweet. Bradley and the Dr. will quickly get a chemistry and it will be devastating.

Cap, you know you will have your hands full with the Toppers.

Good luck to the Toppers 'cause you played some major football tonight. My hat is off to you!

Go...Rebel Nation! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

There is a world outside of Colonial Heights. Stop trying to talk up the Rebels. You have another pass this year if you can get past Tennessee High as Mo. West appears to be way down again. So everybody in the world knows their season ends when they go up against Maryville in the playoffs. And the Maryville game will not be deep in the playoffs for you. Also while you were in the land of the "Man Cave" last night Jefferson Co. destroyed Greenville, which proves what I've always preached. You can never gauge a team by their performance in a scrimmage. So yes DB will have competition in the conference. From Jefferson Co. Bearden, and Sevier Co. who beat a very good William Blount team last night.

There is a world outside of Colonial Heights. Stop trying to talk up the Rebels. You have another pass this year if you can get past Tennessee High as Mo. West appears to be way down again. So everybody in the world knows their season ends when they go up against Maryville in the playoffs. And the Maryville game will not be deep in the playoffs for you. Also while you were in the land of the "Man Cave" last night Jefferson Co. destroyed Greenville, which proves what I've always preached. You can never gauge a team by their performance in a scrimmage. So yes DB will have competition in the conference. From Jefferson Co. Bearden, and Sevier Co. who beat a very good William Blount team last night.

Waco...have another cup of coffee. I was talking about the Toppers. SS=Scott Smith.

I went to the game last night SH looks like a team looking for idenity and it could go 2 ways they find it and continue to improve or the players lose confidence and go thru the motions for the rest of the season. #15 looked good ran hard , toppers did not stay in their lanes and they paid for it. South looked like a well coached team that played to their potential and like they have played together since middle school. SH looked like a team that has potential but no chemistry yet. Even though Bud was not at the game I think his assesment is pretty close to right on. The young QB at SH looks promising still raw. Threw up a wounded duck and some how completed on their last drive, not sure how that one did not get intercepted it hung up there forever.

Both teams played well last night. Science Hill is much

improved, and everyone needs to have patience with

this team. The line was tough up front against South,

and the Hilltoppers have plenty of weapons. They

executed much better than last year. They should

feel very good about their performance.

Let's get this out of the way: Curt Phillips may have

been a once-in-a lifetime player. He was a remarkable

high school quarterback and competitor. South cannot

do some of the same things they did last year because

Curt Phillips is irreplacable. And for the record, he is

a D1 quarterback. Many D1 coaches believe he is a

D1 quarterback. He is a D1 quarterback at Wisconsin.

Time will prove that he will be a starter in the Big Ten.

Anyone posting on here ever played for a Big Ten or

D1 football team?

I keep giving the example that Tennessee won the national

title after Peyton Manning graduated. Top to bottom, South

is a strong team. They are coached well and prepared.

Fletcher is probably sore today, but he played like a

champion last night. Everyone on the team made a postive

contribution. South has to play better at every position except

the obvious one to win all their regular season games. The

Rebels appear to be capable of doing that this season.

Next year when South, Science Hill, and DB will all be playing

each other will be very interesting. It is high school football,

and it is the kids' game. Let them enjoy it.

Volman the jury is in on South!! They have officially found a new horse. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> He is a mini GIANT that goes by the name of Taylor Fletcher and he is a beast with NO FEAR!!! Very impressed with his performance tonight. I don??™t know the official stats but he had to have close to 200 yards tonight. In my opinion South isn??™t as effective through the air as they were last year but their offensive scheme with the DB reads and the timing routs is going to present a problem for anybody to defend. The passing attack is good enough that you have to respect it??¦and then there is Fletcher. Just when you think you have them figured out they hit you with a heavy does of the mini GIANT /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ! The Hilltoppers are loaded with speed, size, and athleticism??¦If they only had a coach. Kenly is a fierce competitor, but 20+ (what appeared to be designed) QB sneaks (probably in the first half alone) would be deemed excessive even if your name was Curt Phillips??¦especially with all the horses in the stable that Science Hill has. I??™m not a coach but there has to be a way to get more of these studs involved in the offense. Great show by both teams.

Cap, thanks for the kind words. I feel we could actually be better than we were last year. Time will tell. And the Hill fan that was down on Davenport, please don't judge him on one game. He played good last night but he can/will be much better. Wait and see. Fletch is the man. I think the Hill can have a good season and make the playoffs. A lot of it will depend on their next game. The lugs will be tightened or the wheels will come off. We'll see. Comp, don't disassociate yourself with the South threads. Screw the few that were saying what they were saying. I enjoy your insight and look forward to it. Come back and give me something to read! Cap, we look forward to the showdown!

Cap...I'm officially disassociated from South threads but I can't not tell these people about the Toppers. What a team. They have it all...just like last year...but more. Four savage RB's, a Soph White boy QB who will be the talk of the NET not to mention he is a lefty...and then they have Kinley. Last year Kinley was an also ran...BUT...this year...well suffice to say they have the most speed I have seen in years. Look out DB! And that D. I'm sorry, they have it all and line to boot. If SS is any kind of coach at all they are deep playoff contenders. DB, you have compeition for the conference.

South's D almost choked but held when it mattered. The O sputtered but Bradley is on. His WR's need time. It will come. Satch, tell him not to get discouraged he will get there. And when he does it will be sweet. Bradley and the Dr. will quickly get a chemistry and it will be devastating.

Cap, you know you will have your hands full with the Toppers.

Good luck to the Toppers 'cause you played some major football tonight. My hat is off to you!

Go...Rebel Nation! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

COMP, YOU HAVE LOST YOUR MIND. FROM WHAT I SAW LAST NIGHT, TENN HIGH CAN PLAY WITH SH AND SS. WITH ALL DO RESPECT, SOUTH SHOULD HAVE LOST THE GAME LAST NIGHT. A MISSED FIELD GOAL,MISSED EXTRA POINT AND PROBABLY THE WORST PLAY CALLING I HAVE SEEN WAS THE DOWNFALL FOR SH. SH HAS MORE SPEED AND BETTER ATHELETS THAN SOUTH AND MAYBE DB,BUT THEIR COACH WILL CONTINUE TO GET THEM BEAT.GILLIGAN'S DAYS ARE NUMBERED IN J.C. ANYWAY, CONGRATS TO SS AND THE WN LAST NIGHT.