Sullivan South @ Science Hill

The Hill

Just to add to my previous post... South is no slouch and this years team could easily contend for a playoff spot in YOUR Conference! So it's not like Mitchell was going up against a slacker defense. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys in DB have to get your head out of the clouds with your CS expectations. If Coach Smith uses Ryan Mitchell even sparingly in his offense, nobody will even remember Chris's name after this year. Ryan is also a sophomore and only touched the ball maybe 6 times (5-80 rushing), one went for a 56 yard TD and then you add the spectacular kickoff return that was one person away from taken it to the house. I've seen both (CS twice) ;and he is BETTER...deal with it. As far as the two teams compare to each other...all you have to do is take a look at the rosters on paper....It don't take rocket science. They have 20+ player over 220 pounds. They have a TE that is 6'4" 230 with great feet, the problem is they did not use him at all...so you don't know if he can even catch. Believe me with a good coach they could remove all starters and still match DB (and any other team in the area) with size and talent. But the bottom line is that SS will never be able to put a game plan together to beat a GC coached team end of story!!! Switch coaches and DB would have a loosing season and SH would be 5A State Champions. JMO

Just a note...SH has at least three backs that would challenge CS for the starting position if they were at DB...and that's not an exaggeration. No one can ever question the fact that I have never said that DB wasn't a good team, but I have and I still do question your depth (in size and talent). Point and case... you had to take your starting WR and move him to RB when Chris got hurt...I rest my case. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Yeah and it looked like GC knew what he was doing too didn't it. When your backup can rush for 167 yards in 3 quarters, believe me, you have depth!

Yeah and it looked like GC knew what he was doing too didn't it. When your backup can rush for 167 yards in 3 quarters, believe me, you have depth!

No... when your starting WR stays on the field as your starting WR and your second string (thats two deep in one position without pulling from another) goes 5-80 and 1 TD...thats called depth!! When you move your starting WR which is also your starting FS to replace your starting RB... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ??? What is it with you people... what part of depth do you not understand!! Maybe this will clear it up " depth is the strength of a team in terms of the number and quality of its substitute players" /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> . Depth is not taking one player and using him all over the field for everything!!

No... when your starting WR stays on the field as your starting WR and your second string (thats two deep in one position without pulling from another) goes 5-80 and 1 TD...thats called depth!! When you move your starting WR which is also your starting FS to replace your starting RB... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ??? What is it with you people... what part of depth do you not understand!! Maybe this will clear it up " depth is the strength of a team in terms of the number and quality of its substitute players" /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> . Depth is not taking one player and using him all over the field for everything!!

Hey Cap, RM reminded me of Curt running back KOffs and PRTurns. Only better. He stopped and waited for the traffic to clear and to find a lane then he hit Hyperspace. His Daddy told me he was the fastest player on the team 2 weeks ago. He wasn't lying. Don't worry, you'll never convince these people of anything until they see it in person. They lost CS (which by the way, I didn't think was all that but hey it was the first time I've seen him play...I'll give him one more look before I make a conclusion.) so imagine if they lost JS...God forbid. Who is on the depth chart then?

All I can say is, we'll cross that bridge when it's necessary. Depth, or no depth. We can hypothesis all day. It only matters on the field.

And too, in all honesty, unless your close to DB's program, you really can't tell whether we have depth or not. If you went by playing time in games (and some scrimmages, Cap), GC does seem to like to play his starters both ways more than most 5A schools would seem too. Now, I might tend to agree with you that SH has more depth, but honestly I haven't seen any more than 16-18 players play for DB so far, on any side of the ball or special teams. In that case I'll say, we'll see.

All I can say is, we'll cross that bridge when it's necessary. Depth, or no depth. We can hypothesis all day. It only matters on the field.

And too, in all honesty, unless your close to DB's program, you really can't tell whether we have depth or not. If you went by playing time in games (and some scrimmages, Cap), GC does seem to like to play his starters both ways more than most 5A schools would seem too. Now, I might tend to agree with you that SH has more depth, but honestly I haven't seen any more than 16-18 players play for DB so far, on any side of the ball or special teams. In that case I'll say, we'll see.

I will agree that neither Jamie nor Sly is accident prone historically. So hypothetically you can bank on that.

You won"t see much more than 16 to 20 different players played at SS all year. South has a ton of depth and no one understands why it is never used. Same players all the time no matter if they are getting the job done or not its hard to believe those coaches over there can't see that. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Graham believes in having his 11 best players on the field at a time. He's won a lot more games than Coach Stubbs with that philosophy whether you agree with it or not!

Cap,

If the Tribe blasted your Vikings with "the lack of depth" they supoosedly have, I wonder what would have happened if they had they had more depth. Would they have put up 60? Every year we hear about SH has the same if not better athletes than DB. Here's the thing, it hasn't proven itself on the field.

You guys in DB have to get your head out of the clouds with your CS expectations. If Coach Smith uses Ryan Mitchell even sparingly in his offense, nobody will even remember Chris's name after this year. Ryan is also a sophomore and only touched the ball maybe 6 times (5-80 rushing), one went for a 56 yard TD and then you add the spectacular kickoff return that was one person away from taken it to the house. I've seen both (CS twice) ;and he is BETTER...deal with it. As far as the two teams compare to each other...all you have to do is take a look at the rosters on paper....It don't take rocket science. They have 20+ player over 220 pounds. They have a TE that is 6'4" 230 with great feet, the problem is they did not use him at all...so you don't know if he can even catch. Believe me with a good coach they could remove all starters and still match DB (and any other team in the area) with size and talent. But the bottom line is that SS will never be able to put a game plan together to beat a GC coached team end of story!!! Switch coaches and DB would have a loosing season and SH would be 5A State Champions. JMO

Just a note...SH has at least three backs that would challenge CS for the starting position if they were at DB...and that's not an exaggeration. No one can ever question the fact that I have never said that DB wasn't a good team, but I have and I still do question your depth (in size and talent). Point and case... you had to take your starting WR and move him to RB when Chris got hurt...I rest my case. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

thats some funny stuff right there /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />