Sullivan South @ Science Hill

The Hill

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest footballfan100

does anyone know why bobby taylor didnt play friday night vs science hill? is he hurt? i thought south had several running backs, and why one back had 31 carries if they had several backs?

Just wondering..........were you looking in a mirror when you typed up this garbage ?

You have some serious issues. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

DB is the main topic of every South thread. Can you read?

Lord take me now! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Jack says SOMEONE ELSE has serious issues! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

does anyone know why bobby taylor didnt play friday night vs science hill? is he hurt? i thought south had several running backs, and why one back had 31 carries if they had several backs?

I am in no place to talk but I heard a Taylor rumor and I won't say what it is, but it doesn't look like he will be playing this year. Best wishes to him.

Oh really......Who replaced Slyvester at WR ? Who caught a 45yrd. TD pass against your Vikings? What part of Mo-Ron don't you understand?

I understand the meaning of the word mor-ron perfectly well??¦in fact its spelled W-a-C-o-J-a-C-o!!!! By the way the 45 yard TD was scored by sophomore WR Derrick Steele listed at 5??™6??? 140 lb. Derrick was listed as the starter on the opposite side of Justin but was replaced by senior WR (transfer) Ashlon Adams 6??™4??? 190 lb by game time. Boy that was a shocker /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ??¦ I bet the Viking coaching staff didn??™t see that one coming. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I wonder how many carries CS had on average in '07? I'm sure someone knows that stat. How many backup RB's were waiting in the wings for DB last year? In basketball when you are hot you're hot. If you're hitting then everybody feeds you the ball. They feed you the ball until you go cold. Same thing in football. Once a RB gets a groove usually he can work that groove a quarter or two...depending on the opposing DC's ability to adjust. Most coaches will let a RB work it until it dries up. Even if you are a predominately passing team. A good example of that is playoff round one SSHS vs MTownEHS where the RB had 160 or so yds rushing and the passing game was negligable. That groove against the 'Toppers never dried up but only got more productive. The mark of a great RB is one where the RB can adjust on the fly to any change the DC makes and continue his march. Any coach in that situation will work the horse until he drops and the fans love it.

Quote from supposed QB analyst on this thread

"It was different watching this game because South was trying to do the things that they have been doing (especially in the air) and the results that I was expecting never materialized. Several batted balls, a few dropped passes didn't help an impressive debut by Davenport but reports of his greatness has been greatly exaggerateed. I thought Phillips was a D-1 athlete but not a qb and I hope I'm proven wrong butI know Davenport is not a D-1 qb like he has been reported to be."

Well i for one thought Davenport did a fine job in his first outing, especially an away game. First game jitters are out and the "W" is posted so look to see bigger and better things in the near future for Davenport. I for one thought the rushing touchdown he had called back by the mythical JC ref flag was a thing of beauty, Juking, cutting and hurdling defenders on his way for a TD scamper was a highlight reel in itself. And what about the bomb over the left side that left the stands rocking?? That was a thing of beauty. The guy has great talent i saw that evident in the 7 on 7s and the jamboree I watched. The 2nd Int he tried to force a play but the first.................I'll just say we need to make an effort for the ball when its thrown to you. Fletcher.................well what can you say but OUTSTANDING, he more than proved his mettle in this game, amazing slasher and bruising to boot. I know he was a lil disappointed w/ just under 1000 yards last season but theres no way he wont eclipse that this year. Congrats to the entire Rebel team on a great "TEAM" effort!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am in no place to talk but I heard a Taylor rumor and I won't say what it is, but it doesn't look like he will be playing this year. Best wishes to him.

Not a rumor....sad but true. I'm not here to bash a kid because it is very sad and unfortunate that some kids (at all schools) take a path of no gain when they have the world by the tail. I find it interesting that some will get on here and talk about the "inherent" problems inside DB and Science Hill, yet all's quiet on the Western front when it is inside there own walls. I have been reading the early season banter without a desire to get caught up in the fray, but when I heard about this incident, I was reminded that some had made it there crusade to jump on here and discuss that city schools were eat up with this problem and now it has come home to roost. I purposely have refrained from posting because I have read so many attacks on coaches and there livelihoods, trashing 15-18 year old kids, and tearing down communities all in the name of "insert school name here". Sad that some attach there status to the backs of a group of kids. Instead of taking pride in the coaches and players and history this area has, we hide behind a keyboard and blast coach G and H and ultimately affect a man's livelihood all in the name of my little Johnnie and Jimmy (and even little Jane), or talk about 15-18 year old kids like they're pieces of trash on the bottom of our feet, forgetting that these are somebody's children just like our own (think of the feedback if somebody was to talk about #15 for SS the same as #32 has been talked about). From everyone I have talked to, both Taylor Fletcher and Chris Sensabaugh are as good of kids as you could meet, maybe we as parents could take a little something from them. I think it's sad that adults feel the need to jump on here and talk about other people's kids but "by golly they better not mention our boys". The stuff I read on here from ALL sides is pretty pathetic when I think adults are debating one KID over another KID! What we should be debating is Xs and Os and thinking about how blessed we are to have the men of integrity that we have in charge of our children. I have yet to read much of that...mostly trash. Don't get me wrong, it's one thing to get on here and poke a little fun (I do the same with my Rebel co-worker), but too often it goes far deeper than just a little back and forth and the results are an inherent hatred for other kids over nothing more than the jersey they wear. Sadly, that is where we are as a society across the board and I fear something like what happened at Knox Central last week may occur between "fan"atics of area schools. Looking back at how a SS/SHHS thread spiraled down into the same old tired arguments, it smacks pretty shallow of "grown-ups". Just my thoughts. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

If this is not a slam on Chris, I don't know what is. Chris has nothing to prove, he did it last year. SH players still have alot to show. They may be good. Your judgment of talent is not as good as you think. TN High was supposed to beat DB in your mind. I think the only jealousy here is on the folks that try to put down anything good DB does. You guys just can't stand it that you can't win against DB. And will even try to make other teams you beat look better then they are to try and build up your confidence? Pathetic really. You guys are the most obvious parents of past, present players I have ever seen. Loved, hated, but never ignored and it seems like you guys can never ignore DB, you love to try and down them at any chance. Then if a DB person tries to defend a proven player like CS, you down them and say they are jealous. Jealous of what? You guys are the biggest jokes on here and it is even better when you are wrong, because so far you always seem to be wrong. I can't wait until next year, and the next, and the next. Nothing like shutting up some runny mouths.

This may come as a shock to ya BUD, so you better have a seat??¦everybody that posts on these boards are not going to be DB or CS cheerleaders!!! Oh??¦and about next year??¦I think you better take a real good look at your returning roster before you start flappin your jaw about next year!!! Now go blow your nose and pull yourself together. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Not a rumor....sad but true. I'm not here to bash a kid because it is very sad and unfortunate that some kids (at all schools) take a path of no gain when they have the world by the tail. I find it interesting that some will get on here and talk about the "inherent" problems inside DB and Science Hill, yet all's quiet on the Western front when it is inside there own walls. I have been reading the early season banter without a desire to get caught up in the fray, but when I heard about this incident, I was reminded that some had made it there crusade to jump on here and discuss that city schools were eat up with this problem and now it has come home to roost. I purposely have refrained from posting because I have read so many attacks on coaches and there livelihoods, trashing 15-18 year old kids, and tearing down communities all in the name of "insert school name here". Sad that some attach there status to the backs of a group of kids. Instead of taking pride in the coaches and players and history this area has, we hide behind a keyboard and blast coach G and H and ultimately affect a man's livelihood all in the name of my little Johnnie and Jimmy (and even little Jane), or talk about 15-18 year old kids like they're pieces of trash on the bottom of our feet, forgetting that these are somebody's children just like our own (think of the feedback if somebody was to talk about #15 for SS the same as #32 has been talked about). From everyone I have talked to, both Taylor Fletcher and Chris Sensabaugh are as good of kids as you could meet, maybe we as parents could take a little something from them. I think it's sad that adults feel the need to jump on here and talk about other people's kids but "by golly they better not mention our boys". The stuff I read on here from ALL sides is pretty pathetic when I think adults are debating one KID over another KID! What we should be debating is Xs and Os and thinking about how blessed we are to have the men of integrity that we have in charge of our children. I have yet to read much of that...mostly trash. Don't get me wrong, it's one thing to get on here and poke a little fun (I do the same with my Rebel co-worker), but too often it goes far deeper than just a little back and forth and the results are an inherent hatred for other kids over nothing more than the jersey they wear. Sadly, that is where we are as a society across the board and I fear something like what happened at Knox Central last week may occur between "fan"atics of area schools. Looking back at how a SS/SHHS thread spiraled down into the same old tired arguments, it smacks pretty shallow of "grown-ups". Just my thoughts. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Actually, different from Cap, I find little fault in your post, M&G. I think you hit the nail on the head and I wish everyone did spend more time on X's and O's, but you know--you got people on here like Whacko-Jocko who apparently does not know enough about x's and o's ----he would be silent if not for his disregard for respect.

But--your comments about "how a SS/SHHS thread spiraled down..." I'm not going back to read post, but as I recall, the "same old arguments" keep coming from non-SS and non-SHHS people. I may be wrong, but that's my feel.

Good posts, though.

Maroonandgrey,

You get a standing ovation from me. I could not have said it any better! I was happy to see the Tribe win as well as my Rebs. There is no school that I as a Rebel fan would like to beat more than D-B, and that is a compliment to the Indian nation, however I don't want it to happen at the expense of trashing a player or coach or fan. I work with and have many friends that are Indian fans and trust me when I say there are more Indian and Rebel fans that wish each other well and cheer each other on than there are those that demean and insult each other. Once again excellent post, my only hope is that it sinks in to those that read it!