Sullivan South @ Science Hill

The Hill

Quote from supposed QB analyst on this thread

"It was different watching this game because South was trying to do the things that they have been doing (especially in the air) and the results that I was expecting never materialized. Several batted balls, a few dropped passes didn't help an impressive debut by Davenport but reports of his greatness has been greatly exaggerateed. I thought Phillips was a D-1 athlete but not a qb and I hope I'm proven wrong butI know Davenport is not a D-1 qb like he has been reported to be."

Well i for one thought Davenport did a fine job in his first outing, especially an away game. First game jitters are out and the "W" is posted so look to see bigger and better things in the near future for Davenport. I for one thought the rushing touchdown he had called back by the mythical JC ref flag was a thing of beauty, Juking, cutting and hurdling defenders on his way for a TD scamper was a highlight reel in itself. And what about the bomb over the left side that left the stands rocking?? That was a thing of beauty. The guy has great talent i saw that evident in the 7 on 7s and the jamboree I watched. The 2nd Int he tried to force a play but the first.................I'll just say we need to make an effort for the ball when its thrown to you. Fletcher.................well what can you say but OUTSTANDING, he more than proved his mettle in this game, amazing slasher and bruising to boot. I know he was a lil disappointed w/ just under 1000 yards last season but theres no way he wont eclipse that this year. Congrats to the entire Rebel team on a great "TEAM" effort!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Bradley's pass to KK was not elaborated on much. After the coaches show more people will see it though. That pass was Bradley's signature throw. KK had to turn on the burners to catch that one. Bradley made sure no DB had a chance to get a hand on it. It was all KK could do to stretch out for it. But he has the hands to handle it. Bradley's fakes to #15 on the keepers were nothing short of slight of hand. Also, no one said anything about the TE pass to TG. He has soft hands and will be the go to on that route many times this year. I kept waiting for the O to go under center when no one was catching Bradley's throws. But Stacy kept hammering until they found a weakness and then a trickle turned into a pipeline. That's why he's the Coach.

Pretty nice compliment to HB about the roadgrader thing. He's been roadgrading for #15 for a long time.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a rumor....sad but true. I'm not here to bash a kid because it is very sad and unfortunate that some kids (at all schools) take a path of no gain when they have the world by the tail. I find it interesting that some will get on here and talk about the "inherent" problems inside DB and Science Hill, yet all's quiet on the Western front when it is inside there own walls. I have been reading the early season banter without a desire to get caught up in the fray, but when I heard about this incident, I was reminded that some had made it there crusade to jump on here and discuss that city schools were eat up with this problem and now it has come home to roost. I purposely have refrained from posting because I have read so many attacks on coaches and there livelihoods, trashing 15-18 year old kids, and tearing down communities all in the name of "insert school name here". Sad that some attach there status to the backs of a group of kids. Instead of taking pride in the coaches and players and history this area has, we hide behind a keyboard and blast coach G and H and ultimately affect a man's livelihood all in the name of my little Johnnie and Jimmy (and even little Jane), or talk about 15-18 year old kids like they're pieces of trash on the bottom of our feet, forgetting that these are somebody's children just like our own (think of the feedback if somebody was to talk about #15 for SS the same as #32 has been talked about). From everyone I have talked to, both Taylor Fletcher and Chris Sensabaugh are as good of kids as you could meet, maybe we as parents could take a little something from them. I think it's sad that adults feel the need to jump on here and talk about other people's kids but "by golly they better not mention our boys". The stuff I read on here from ALL sides is pretty pathetic when I think adults are debating one KID over another KID! What we should be debating is Xs and Os and thinking about how blessed we are to have the men of integrity that we have in charge of our children. I have yet to read much of that...mostly trash. Don't get me wrong, it's one thing to get on here and poke a little fun (I do the same with my Rebel co-worker), but too often it goes far deeper than just a little back and forth and the results are an inherent hatred for other kids over nothing more than the jersey they wear. Sadly, that is where we are as a society across the board and I fear something like what happened at Knox Central last week may occur between "fan"atics of area schools. Looking back at how a SS/SHHS thread spiraled down into the same old tired arguments, it smacks pretty shallow of "grown-ups". Just my thoughts. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

He's ALIVE!!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Glad to have you back M&G! I understand where you're coming from with this post. I'm glad you got it off your chest. Although I defended Chris on more than one occasion on here about his age, I didn't read anything that was out of line towards him. The age thing has been debated for years over LOTS of kids. He's just the latest example. It's an ongoing issue that will continue until we're all dead and gone. What's the big deal? The reason I defended him is because I know he's a good kid and I knew it wasn't an issue. Who cares? If he's within the TSSAA guidelines (which he is) it should be left alone. I don't think the age thing was an attack on him as a person do you? Or did I miss something else that was said about him? At any rate, welcome back neighbor! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Not a rumor....sad but true. I'm not here to bash a kid because it is very sad and unfortunate that some kids (at all schools) take a path of no gain when they have the world by the tail. I find it interesting that some will get on here and talk about the "inherent" problems inside DB and Science Hill, yet all's quiet on the Western front when it is inside there own walls. I have been reading the early season banter without a desire to get caught up in the fray, but when I heard about this incident, I was reminded that some had made it there crusade to jump on here and discuss that city schools were eat up with this problem and now it has come home to roost. I purposely have refrained from posting because I have read so many attacks on coaches and there livelihoods, trashing 15-18 year old kids, and tearing down communities all in the name of "insert school name here". Sad that some attach there status to the backs of a group of kids. Instead of taking pride in the coaches and players and history this area has, we hide behind a keyboard and blast coach G and H and ultimately affect a man's livelihood all in the name of my little Johnnie and Jimmy (and even little Jane), or talk about 15-18 year old kids like they're pieces of trash on the bottom of our feet, forgetting that these are somebody's children just like our own (think of the feedback if somebody was to talk about #15 for SS the same as #32 has been talked about). From everyone I have talked to, both Taylor Fletcher and Chris Sensabaugh are as good of kids as you could meet, maybe we as parents could take a little something from them. I think it's sad that adults feel the need to jump on here and talk about other people's kids but "by golly they better not mention our boys". The stuff I read on here from ALL sides is pretty pathetic when I think adults are debating one KID over another KID! What we should be debating is Xs and Os and thinking about how blessed we are to have the men of integrity that we have in charge of our children. I have yet to read much of that...mostly trash. Don't get me wrong, it's one thing to get on here and poke a little fun (I do the same with my Rebel co-worker), but too often it goes far deeper than just a little back and forth and the results are an inherent hatred for other kids over nothing more than the jersey they wear. Sadly, that is where we are as a society across the board and I fear something like what happened at Knox Central last week may occur between "fan"atics of area schools. Looking back at how a SS/SHHS thread spiraled down into the same old tired arguments, it smacks pretty shallow of "grown-ups". Just my thoughts. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I don??™t know anything about most of what you were talking about, but I want to explain my position on the CS situation. I have absolutely nothing against CS in fact I??™ve been in great admiration of him and his progress every since I saw him in an AAU basketball game two years ago. There is no doubt he is a blessed athlete. My problem is that my expectations of Chris??™s talent and abilities where so jacked up by you and all the other diehards from DB that when I finally got to see him??¦well??¦lets just say that my expectations were way up there. And that was all because of you clowns boasting and bragging and painting a big S on his chest. Same with South and Davenport. I personally felt like Davenport had an excellent game by high school football standards??¦but when you put him in the same sentence as Curt Phillips??¦that raises expectations quite a bit. Shepard from THS is in that same boat of having these prodigious expectations placed over his head. Fletcher on the other hand is a different story. You don??™t see any big articles on how he??™s getting looked at by all these major colleges, or how the whole team??™s success depends on his performance. He just quietly broke off 196 yards and 3 touchdowns on Science Hill and made his statement on the field; not on these boards or in the paper or on tricitiessports!!!! That??™s what I??™m talkin about??¦don??™t talk about it??¦show me! If you notice he doesn??™t have nor does he need anybody tooting his horn on these boards or in the paper. Anyway if you saw his performance the only thing you could possible say is??¦WOW!!! It wasn??™t pretty but it was spectacular. I was sitting on the Toppers side and all you heard in the second half before every play was ???watch #15??¦here he comes???. I??™m not saying this to ???toot his horn??? (well maybe a little??¦just because I was so impressed) but to let you know the difference. Going into that game all I heard was Kenly and Davenport, but when I was leaving it was all Fletcher and Mitchell. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Actually, different from Cap, I find little fault in your post, M&G. I think you hit the nail on the head and I wish everyone did spend more time on X's and O's, but you know--you got people on here like Whacko-Jocko who apparently does not know enough about x's and o's ----he would be silent if not for his disregard for respect.

But--your comments about "how a SS/SHHS thread spiraled down..." I'm not going back to read post, but as I recall, the "same old arguments" keep coming from non-SS and non-SHHS people. I may be wrong, but that's my feel.

Good posts, though.

What??¦are you a mind reader or something? Now let??™s just be perfectly honest here??¦if all we posted on was plays and formations how long would you continue to log onto CoachT. You people try to post like you??™re the Pope??™s son in law when you know that the very things that you are condemning is what keeps you coming back. You can??™t wait to see what the new controversy is??¦just admit it. Why don??™t you start a thread JUST for X??™s and O??™s and see how long it lasts. Just like I said in my last post; don??™t talk about it??¦do it! By the way a thread without Waco is like a race at BMS without any wrecks. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What??¦are you a mind reader or something? Now let??™s just be perfectly honest here??¦if all we posted on was plays and formations how long would you continue to log onto CoachT. You people try to post like you??™re the Pope??™s son in law when you know that the very things that you are condemning is what keeps you coming back. You can??™t wait to see what the new controversy is??¦just admit it. Why don??™t you start a thread JUST for X??™s and O??™s and see how long it lasts. Just like I said in my last post; don??™t talk about it??¦do it! By the way a thread without Waco is like a race at BMS without any wrecks. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I don??™t know anything about most of what you were talking about, but I want to explain my position on the CS situation. I have absolutely nothing against CS in fact I??™ve been in great admiration of him and his progress every since I saw him in an AAU basketball game two years ago. There is no doubt he is a blessed athlete. My problem is that my expectations of Chris??™s talent and abilities where so jacked up by you and all the other diehards from DB that when I finally got to see him??¦well??¦lets just say that my expectations were way up there. And that was all because of you clowns boasting and bragging and painting a big S on his chest. Same with South and Davenport. I personally felt like Davenport had an excellent game by high school football standards??¦but when you put him in the same sentence as Curt Phillips??¦that raises expectations quite a bit. Shepard from THS is in that same boat of having these prodigious expectations placed over his head. Fletcher on the other hand is a different story. You don??™t see any big articles on how he??™s getting looked at by all these major colleges, or how the whole team??™s success depends on his performance. He just quietly broke off 196 yards and 3 touchdowns on Science Hill and made his statement on the field; not on these boards or in the paper or on tricitiessports!!!! That??™s what I??™m talkin about??¦don??™t talk about it??¦show me! If you notice he doesn??™t have nor does he need anybody tooting his horn on these boards or in the paper. Anyway if you saw his performance the only thing you could possible say is??¦WOW!!! It wasn??™t pretty but it was spectacular. I was sitting on the Toppers side and all you heard in the second half before every play was ???watch #15??¦here he comes???. I??™m not saying this to ???toot his horn??? (well maybe a little??¦just because I was so impressed) but to let you know the difference. Going into that game all I heard was Kenly and Davenport, but when I was leaving it was all Fletcher and Mitchell. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Before you go throwing clown around, show me one post about ME pumping Chris. The THS fans were tooting the Shepard horn guite a bit (you included....remember you know the rest of the story /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />) as well and I went in with great expectations and that hasn't changed becuase I could see his potential each time he touched the ball..the DB game will not be his legacy by a long shot. And as far as pub...they are all Tricitiessports cover boys...I frankly have not seen anymore about Chris than Fletcher or Shepard. They all have had more pub than Sylvester who did what he wanted to last Thursday. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No wait, I know something else. The last time DB and Tennessee High played the score was.....................

DB - 42

TH - 13

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Before you go throwing clown around, show me one post about ME pumping Chris. The THS fans were tooting the Shepard horn guite a bit (you included....remember you know the rest of the story /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />) as well and I went in with great expectations and that hasn't changed becuase I could see his potential each time he touched the ball..the DB game will not be his legacy by a long shot. And as far as pub...they are all Tricitiessports cover boys...I frankly have not seen anymore about Chris than Fletcher or Shepard. They all have had more pub than Sylvester who did what he wanted to last Thursday. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I can??™t disagree with you when it comes to Sylvester or with the tricitiessports coverage. They have managed to spread the love. And we haven??™t seen hide nor hair of you this season??¦so right again /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> . But I still have to say that from all the hype I expected different. I like Sylvester at HB and Chris at FB??¦and I??™ll leave it at that. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I just remembered something else. The last time DB and Science Hill played the score was....................

DB - 38

SH - 14

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No wait, I know something else. The last time DB and Tennessee High played the score was.....................

DB - 42

TH - 13

Can??™t ague with that /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> . But you don know that the game was closer than the score. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I just remembered something else. The last time DB and Science Hill played the score was....................

DB - 38

SH - 14

Ok big boy, since you??™ve got the score board out??¦what was the score the last time DB played William Blount???! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />