William Blount @ Dobyns Bennett

DBQB07

42 -6 and the reserves took over with 3 minutes to go in the third quarter. I thought the Indians looked good for the most part. The defense had some problems just before the half and midway thru the third quarter as they bent a little but didn't break. Sylvester went out with a ankle injury in the first half. Anybody know how serious? The Indians are really banged up right now. James Brown came in and did a great job running the ball. Anybody know why Brown left the field at the end of the third quarter? Jamie Crawford did a great job at QB again. Yes he should of been the starter there last year. That is now a no-brainer. Art Vandalay was right about Derric Steel. What was that kickoff return.... 99 yrds. for a td. He is so fast he makes everybody else look .....not fast. Also, how about Ashlon Adams scores his first TD as a Indian! I think this guy is going to do some great things for the Tribe this year. Got to get these guys with injurys healed up.

Wow. I would not have predicted this outcome at all. Perhaps THS and WB were overrated or perhaps this has the potential to be a great D-B team. The Indians need to get some people healthy but they are off to a great start. Congratulations.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Tribe played well tonight. Was glad to see several young men get some good quality playing time tonight.

I wouldn't say they played great as Blount did have their struggles. Jamie did take the game on his shoulders and really stepped up. The secondary showed some chinks in the armour. Got baked on the reverse pass play. Erwin did a very good job. Little bit more time getting the ball and I think he will hit the lanes even quicker.

The interior linemen on both sides of the ball for DB are for real. The true core of the team. Hows that for some linemen props.

#15 for the Govs did have his moments tonight good and bad but played very well for a Frosh.

I hope Sylvester and the boys get some quick healing next week. Could get rough real quick with the top 2 backs out. The man of Steele is quick baby, he does make everybody else look not fast.

WaCo... your right, the Indians have a very strong running game! All of the Back and Jamie Crawford were hard to stop. RB is the deepest position on the team. And Plowboy Deluxe, you said it... the O-Line has been opening up those lanes the RB's are sprinting through. They are playing good in the early season.

Graham Clark said that Steele has some good wheels.... that's an understatement. He also said they need to find ways to get him the ball. Derrick Steele has busted onto the scene in a big way real quick.

Good game for the Indians and a real good start to the season. 2-0 and averaging 42 pts a game and well over 200 yds a game rushing.

Roll Tribe Roll

I thought the Tribe played well tonight. Was glad to see several young men get some good quality playing time tonight.

I wouldn't say they played great as Blount did have their struggles. Jamie did take the game on his shoulders and really stepped up. The secondary showed some chinks in the armour. Got baked on the reverse pass play. Erwin did a very good job. Little bit more time getting the ball and I think he will hit the lanes even quicker.

The interior linemen on both sides of the ball for DB are for real. The true core of the team. Hows that for some linemen props.

#15 for the Govs did have his moments tonight good and bad but played very well for a Frosh.

I hope Sylvester and the boys get some quick healing next week. Could get rough real quick with the top 2 backs out. The man of Steele is quick baby, he does make everybody else look not fast.

It was a good game for the home team all the way around.We needed the work for our secondary,and got a lot of looks.William Blount helped us by playing their first teamers deep into the game.We had some guys that were very close to each other going into the season,and this will only make everyone work harder.The line was great on both sides again.Sammy had a great game at nose.Bateman has never had a bad game,playing great again last night and Carter had the two biggest hits of the game. My concern is allways depth and last week I was wanting to see Roop and Mark in the game for that. Nerves take over sometimes,and the more people play,the better the team will be prepared.Our offensive line has just played the lights out so far.Jamie looks to be seeing the field very well in run and pass plays,he is having a great start to the season. It's just hard to complain about a 42 point average,but we have plenty of work that can be done and Im sure GC has watched several hours of tape since last night and will be ready for the team next week.Roll Tribe

Thanks Plowboy for the props.. Sorry we didn't make a better showing. We tried to tell waco that we were young but he thought we were trying to pull the wool over his eyes. Long trip but we had a good experience. Fans were cordual and the field looks nice but the visitors bleacher setup stinks. I know you've got alota money invested but we couldn't even set at midfield. That needs to be fixed. Hope to see you all again this year. We will get a couple of QB's and some 4.39 speed back right before we go to Farragut wich should help. With 8 or 9 new starters on offense and 8 on defense, (most are juniors), I knew we would struggle early but I though our defense would be better. I guess I was hoping the juniors would grown up more in the off season. Anyway.. With some more game time. I think we will improve weekly. Getting a few key people back right before the meat of our region schedule may get us into the playoffs. You should win your region. You have a great running game and your QB performed well. I would have to question your coach about putting your starting QB back to receive punts with game in hand. We at WB know very well what an impact in can make when your QB's start getting hurt. Good luck the rest of the way. You should handle the boys from Ktown next week. They to graduated a lot of seniors last year but I don't know about their injury situation. Hope your injured players get back soon.

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett has to be one of the best high school football venues anywhere. The buzz around the stadium as you come in; the facilities; the BAND--I've said it before and I'll repeat, if there has ever been a more impressive high school band, I've never witnessed it. All of the DB folks that my son and I encountered were extremely friendly and helpful and complimentary (on a night it wasn't real easy to be) of our young team.

The only negative I'd give the DB facilities is (as TPoole mentioned) the poor location of the visitors bleachers. I don't recall it always being that way. Seems like two years ago, I was able to sit on the visitor's side at the 50??? Have you'all moved them to one end of the field due to the new turf? Of course I realize that our stadium--with bleachers only on one side, visitors are forced to sit pretty much on one end, but you can at least get close to the 50 if you get there early and the fact that our bleachers go up quite a bit higher than the ones at DB help. But the seating is one small complaint ... overall I love coming to a football game at DB.

I was very, very impressed with the Indians. From hearing earlier reports of your scrimmage with Maryville, to be honest I wasnt sure what to expect. I thought you guys looked "loaded" at just about every spot. Receiver (#25?... big tall kid) looks D1. Your qb was incredible ... great arm, great at running the option. I thought the real difference in the game though was your offensive and defensive lines. You dominated the line of scrimmage from the "git-go" and really were able to do whatever you wanted offensively all night. We were able to move it just a little in spurts on your defense, but overall they still looked pretty dominant. Sorry to hear about another RB getting injured. I missed it somehow. It sure didn't show that you were playing a 3rd string rb against us!

For the Govs ... T-Poole is right ... we gotta keep our heads up and try to get a win this week against an improved Soddy Daisy team. After that we get an open date I believe and after that, we might actually get a couple of key players back. I'm still believing this team can surprise some people before the year is out. Our senior leaders have a lot of pride and our younger players (and there are many of them) are gonna improve each week.

Good luck to DB. Looks like you'all are "back" ... if you ever actually went anywhere. Wouldn't be surprised to see you all make a deep run into the play-offs this year.

They couldn't put bleechers on the other end because of the baseball outfield which is also turf. It will remain that way the rest of this season. The word is that next year their going to put some kind of concreat pads under the turf so they can move bleechers into place on that side of the field.

Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett has to be one of the best high school football venues anywhere. The buzz around the stadium as you come in; the facilities; the BAND--I've said it before and I'll repeat, if there has ever been a more impressive high school band, I've never witnessed it. All of the DB folks that my son and I encountered were extremely friendly and helpful and complimentary (on a night it wasn't real easy to be) of our young team.

The only negative I'd give the DB facilities is (as TPoole mentioned) the poor location of the visitors bleachers. I don't recall it always being that way. Seems like two years ago, I was able to sit on the visitor's side at the 50??? Have you'all moved them to one end of the field due to the new turf? Of course I realize that our stadium--with bleachers only on one side, visitors are forced to sit pretty much on one end, but you can at least get close to the 50 if you get there early and the fact that our bleachers go up quite a bit higher than the ones at DB help. But the seating is one small complaint ... overall I love coming to a football game at DB.

I was very, very impressed with the Indians. From hearing earlier reports of your scrimmage with Maryville, to be honest I wasnt sure what to expect. I thought you guys looked "loaded" at just about every spot. Receiver (#25?... big tall kid) looks D1. Your qb was incredible ... great arm, great at running the option. I thought the real difference in the game though was your offensive and defensive lines. You dominated the line of scrimmage from the "git-go" and really were able to do whatever you wanted offensively all night. We were able to move it just a little in spurts on your defense, but overall they still looked pretty dominant. Sorry to hear about another RB getting injured. I missed it somehow. It sure didn't show that you were playing a 3rd string rb against us!

For the Govs ... T-Poole is right ... we gotta keep our heads up and try to get a win this week against an improved Soddy Daisy team. After that we get an open date I believe and after that, we might actually get a couple of key players back. I'm still believing this team can surprise some people before the year is out. Our senior leaders have a lot of pride and our younger players (and there are many of them) are gonna improve each week.

Good luck to DB. Looks like you'all are "back" ... if you ever actually went anywhere. Wouldn't be surprised to see you all make a deep run into the play-offs this year.

I had a good trip to your place last year as well.I hate the changes that will be made next year ,I think the TSSAA is making a mistake.It will be a no win deal for us having to play more of our smaller local teams.It will be hard to get games with a lot of you guys around the knoxville area from what I'm hearing.Your team may be young right now,but you have some great players and will come back strong.Good luck